Author Topic: FLAT EARTH EVIDENCE  (Read 7315 times)

hidals

FLAT EARTH EVIDENCE
« on: June 28, 2018, 09:32:15 AM »
Good morning Brethren, Please provide feedback on this topic. I have read the article "Geocentric vs Heliocentric" which was last updated in 2016. With that said, I never looked into this info until about 4 months ago. The Flat Earth is a new revelation for me. There is so much evidence that is consistently being put out. Check this out!  https://youtu.be/DSse9V5Nrb8

Webster's 1828 Dictionary
Earth

EARTH, noun erth.

1. earth in its primary sense, signifies the particles which compose the mass of the globe, but more particularly the particles which form the fine mold on the surface of the globe; or it denotes any indefinite mass or portion of that matter. We throw up earth with a spade or plow; we fill a pit or ditch with earth; we form a rampart with earth This substance being considered, by ancient philosophers, as simple, was called an element; and in popular language, we still hear of the four elements, fire, air, earth, and water.

2. In chimistry, the term earth was, till lately, employed to denote a simple elementary body or substance, tasteless, inodorous, uninflammable and infusible. But it has also been applied to substances which have a very sensible alkaline taste, as lime. The primitive earths are reckoned ten in number, viz, silex, alumin, lime, magnesia, baryte, strontian, zircon, glucin, yttria and thorina. Recent experiments prove that most or all of them are compounds of oxygen with bases, some of which appear to possess the properties of metals. In this case the earths are to be considered as metallic oxyds.

3. The terraqueous globe which we inhabit. The earth is nearly spherical, but a little flatted at the poles, and hence its figure is called an oblate spheroid. It is one of the primary planets, revolving round the sun in an orbit which is between those of Venus and Mars. It is nearly eight thousand miles in diameter, and twenty five thousand miles in circumference. Its distance from the sun is about ninety five millions of miles, and its annual revolution constitutes the year of 365 days, 5 hours, and nearly 49 minutes.

4. The world, as opposed to other scenes of existence.

5. The inhabitants of the globe.

The whole earth was of one language. Genesis 11:1.

6. Dry land, opposed to the sea.

God called the dry land earth Genesis 1:1.

7. Country; region; a distinct part of the globe.

In this sense, land or soil is more generally used.

In scripture, earth is used for a part of the world. Ezra 1:2.

8. The ground; the surface of the earth He fell to the earth The ark was lifted above the earth

In the second month--was the earth dried. Gen 8.

9. In scripture, things on the earth are carnal, sensual, temporary things; opposed to heavenly, spiritual or divine things.

10. Figuratively, a low condition. Revelation 12:4.

11. [from ear, Latin aro, to plow.] The act of turning up the ground in tillage. [Not used.]

EARTH, verb transitive To hide in the earth

The fox is earthed.

1. To cover with earth or mold.

EARTH, verb intransitive To retire under ground; to burrow. Here foxes earthed.

Webster's 1828 Dictionary
World

WORLD, noun [This seems to be a compound word, and probably is named from roundness, the vault; but this is not certain.]

1. The universe; the whole system of created globes or vast bodies of matter.

2. The earth; the terraqueous globe; sometimes called the lower world

3. The heavens; as when we speak of the heavenly world or upper world

4. System of beings; or the orbs which occupy space, and all the beings which inhabit them. Hebrews 11:7.

God--hath in these last days spoken to us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things; by whom also he made the worlds. Hebrews 1:6.

There may be other worlds, where the inhabitants have never violated their allegiance to their Almighty sovereign.

5. Present state of existence; as while we are in the world

Behold, these are the ungodly who prosper in the world Psalms 73:12.

6. A secular life. By the world we sometimes understand the things of this world its pleasures and interests. A great part of mankind are more anxious to enjoy the world to than secure divine favor.

7. Public life, or society; as banished from the world

8. Business or trouble of life.

From this world-wearied flesh.

9. A great multitude or quantity; as a world of business; a world of charms.

10. Mankind; people in general; in an indefinite sense. Let the world see your fortitude.

Whose disposition, all the world well knows--

11. Course of life. He begins the world with little property, but with many friends.

12. Universal empire.

This through the east just vengeance hurld, and lost poor Antony the world

13. The customs and manners of men; the practice of life. A knowledge of the world is necessary for a man of business; it is essential to politeness.

14. All the world contains.

Had I a thousand worlds, I would give them all for one year more to devote to God.

15. The principal nations or countries of the earth. Alexander conquered the world

16. The Roman empire.

17. A large tract of country; a wide compass of things.

I must descry new worlds.

18. The inhabitants of the earth; the whole human race. John 3:16.

19. The carnal state or corruption of the earth; as the present evil world; the course of this world Galatians 1:4. Ephesians 2:2.

20. The ungodly part of the world

I pray not for the world but for them that thou hast given men. John 17:5.

21. Time; as in the phrase, world without end.

22. A collection of wonders. [Not in use.]

In the world in possibility. [All the precaution in the world would not save him.]

For all the world

1. Exactly. [Little used.]

2. For any consideration.

Psalm 19 (KJV)
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Re: FLAT EARTH EVIDENCE
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 10:06:35 AM »
There is NO support in the Bible for a flat earth, and also plenty of scientific arguments against it.

Let me give you some of my own observations. I grew up in the United States but moved to Australia over ten years ago. There is almost a whole different set of constellations visible here from the ones I was familiar with there. One notable exception is the constellation of Orion. I can still see it here, but it's upside down from the way it appeared there. How would flat earth theory explain that?

That being said, it's really a non-issue. In other words, WHO CARES? I mean, would it really make any difference to you or your faith in the Bible one way the other? Would you live your life any differently if you suddenly believed the world was flat?

Sorry if this seems a bit harsh, but we've had flat-earthers come in here before who got mad and left when we refused to agree with them. They somehow think you can't be of Christ if you don't believe what they believe when the truth is, the whole subject has nothing to do with any of the doctrines of the Bible.

rollingh10

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 11:38:47 AM »
I was once a seaman and been all over this world , navigation would be impossible if the earth was flat , I could go on and on with hundreds of evidence against a flat earth .

(Isaiah 40:22) "It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:"

hidals

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 12:41:41 PM »
Jeanne, please provide your personal answers to the questions that you are asking me and please share your comments on the video in order to get proper feedback. Thanks!

I was once a seaman and been all over this world , navigation would be impossible if the earth was flat , I could go on and on with hundreds of evidence against a flat earth . Timothy, since you state you have hundreds of evidence, please share several with us. Thanks!

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 04:28:45 PM »
When you look in the night sky you notice the stars moving across the sky as the Earth rotates.  Depending on whether you are in the northern hemisphere of the southern hemisphere determines in which direction the stars appear to move.  The flat Earth model can not take this phenomenon in to account along with many other proofs.

The flat Earth hoax has just died another death.

http://www.astronomytrek.com/what-direction-do-stars-move-in-the-sky/

What Direction Do Stars Move In The Sky?

Therefore, if you look up at Polaris you will see the stars rotating in the opposite direction from right to left (counter-clockwise) once every 24 hours. In the same way, if you were to face due South the stars would naturally appear to rotate from left to right in a clockwise direction.

In other words, while the Sun, Moon and stars travel from East to West the direction we see them moving depends entirely on which direction we are facing at the time:

Facing North: Stars rotate counter-clockwise (right to left)
Facing South: Stars rotate clockwise (left to right)
Facing East: Stars rise in front, and set behind
Facing West: Stars rise behind, and set in front

And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 449
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 04:33:21 PM »
Sigfredo, what you need to understand is that our church has had discussions about this over various videos a number of times. I can tell you personally, and I bet I can speak for a lot of others here; we're just not interested in opening that up again because there are basic arguments that shut down their nonsense.

More importantly, I would refer to Dedrick on this one. He's been in our church almost five years now, and he's done a lot more extensive research into who is behind this movement to argue a flat earth, and it really comes down to paganism and occultism.

If you'll listen closely to the video you pointed everyone towards, the guy started out saying that there was Biblical evidence for a flat earth, then failed to present it. He went to historical evidence, not Biblical evidence. If you have a specific question, pose it, and someone will answer you, but then you being curious about Biblical evidence, then quoting Noah Webster's dictionary--that's not going to help you in an argument here.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2018, 08:07:39 PM »
Thank you, Chris! You're right; I really don't want to get into all of this again. Besides, since it's not a doctrinal issue, there's no point. It's just a distraction.

hidals

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2018, 04:30:51 PM »
Jeanne,
See response below in RED. BTW you did not reply to my first response.

There is NO support in the Bible for a flat earth, and also plenty of scientific arguments against it. Main stream science has no value in my opinion, ever since it started to discredit GOD and Creation itself with the false doctrine of the

hidals

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2018, 05:19:44 PM »
does not let me post my response in full, I will follow up with response!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 05:28:18 PM by hidals »

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2018, 06:44:10 PM »
I told you my own observations about the constellations. Why would different stars/constellations be visible in the northern and southern hemispheres if the earth was flat? And why would the ones that are visible in both hemispheres be inverted, depending on which side of the equator you're on?

Also, I follow a YouTube channel called Dutchsinse. This guy has studied global earthquakes for years, and based on patterns he has seen, he has developed a system whereby he can forecast where earthquakes are likely to occur, usually within a 200-mile radius, and what magnitude they are likely to be. These patterns would not exist in a flat earth. This guy is also far from being 'mainstream' in the scientific community, as he has been attacked by 'professionals' in the USGS and other places as being 'fake news'. Amazing how accurate his earthquake forecasts are, though.

That is about as much of a 'scientific' explanation you're going to get from me. Now, my question is, why do you keep pushing me for answers when I've already told you I have no interest in discussing the topic? If you want to believe in a flat earth, go for it. Just don't expect any of us to go along with you.

As Chris also mentioned, the guy in that video you posted said he was going to give Biblical evidence of a flat earth, but never did. All he did was go into Egyptian/occult history of sun worship.

I'm done on this. If you want to argue about it, go somewhere else. WE ARE NOT INTERESTED!

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2018, 06:53:00 PM »
I don't mind if he wants to discuss a topic, as long as it's one topic at a time, but in general, we've all already been through this with multiple people on past versions of this forum. If he wants to discuss certain specific topics to share ideas and understanding, that's fine, but if he thinks he's going to convert someone here, he's wasting his time.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Dedrick Lewis

• CLE Church Members
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: 8
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dedrick
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2018, 12:07:34 PM »
Hey Sigfredo, I'm Dedrick Lewis and just as Chris said I've been a long time member of the church. However due to me being in the military a lot of my time goes to my job. So I haven't been on the forums or active for an extremely long time.

It's taken me some time to type this response because I had trouble thinking of what to actually say and how thorough I wanted my answer to be. So I've decided to actually take the time to analyze the video you provided as thoroughly as I can. So that you can get an idea of why you really didn't provide evidence for the flat earth when really you're just giving into nonsense.

The video starts out with a guy(Vincent) posing the question
"Is there evidence in the bible that we do live in a solar system and that the sun is in the center of the universe and that the earth is the third place from the sun?". He goes on to answer his own question saying "according to the early writers it did not". I find that weird because he could of just said "there is no scriptural evidence for it"
as you dont need to mention the early writers since Gods word stands forever.

Isaiah 40:8 KJV
The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.

So technically he is right but it doesn't matter that he is right and you'll see why as we continue.

After answering his own question he mentions scripture a grand total of 2 times. At around 40 seconds in, he says that we are taught that the sun is the center of the universe in school,  but in scripture(that he does not reference to so I can't find what scripture hes specifically talking about) teaches that the earth is the center of the universe. First off, i will admit I didn't search very hard but where in the bible does it say the earth is the center of the universe? As far as I know there is no where in scripture that says anything like that. If I am wrong find it and link it to me so I may read it for myself to see the context of what's said in scripture.  The second reference he makes to scripture which came right after the first is that the Earth was created before the sun and then he asked the question "why would God create the earth and then make the earth spin around the sun when the earth came first?"  Ok yes it's true the earth was created before the sun. you can find that in the first chapter of Genesis if you want to read it for yourself. The question that needs to be asked is why does that matter and what does it prove. In Genesis chapter 1, God created the water before the land and made the grass, fruit and trees before He made the sun.  It also says that God created the birds out of the water and the land animals out of the land. The point im making is God can create what He wants, where ever He wants and however He wants and it will work the way He wants it to because HE'S GOD. So his two mentions of scripture basically provides nothing of any importance. What he does for the next 4 minutes after that is CAST DOUBT on the heliocentric model and that's a very common thing that flat earthers do. Since they cant provide evidence to prove their belief of flat earth (or geocentrism in this case) they do what ever they can and say what ever they can to just simply cast doubt on an opposing idea contrary to theirs. All he talks about for the rest of the video is how Nicolaus Copernicus took his idea of the heliocentric model from the Egyptians sun God called Ra. Talking about how pagan  the Egyptians were and how they copied their God of Ra from the God of the bible, and honestly that has nothing to do with the proving the sun is 93million miles away. At the end of the video he  asks the question "so who are you going to place your trust in? God or man?".  Basically what he is implying is that if you side with heliocentrism, you support the wicked Sun God RA created by man and if you support geocentrism you support God even though he has provided no evidence from scripture to supports the notion that a geocentric idea is of God in the first place.
It's a poor deceptive way of falsely leading people to believing that geocentrism is biblical and heliocentrism is not when the truth is neither of them are supported in scripture because the bible is silent on the matter.

To answer the actual video that's going on while the guy is talking; all that happens is 2 people strap a camera to a weather balloon and send it floating so you can get a sky high view of the earth. Now granted, I don't know if the sun is 93 million miles away or not as I cant travel to the sun and back. However nothing in the video gives evidence that the sun is not 93 million miles away other than the fact his video title says "Finally! Proof that the sun is not 93 million miles away". (something done very commonly of flat earth videos) Now maybe you're  thinking "well what about the earth itself looking like its flat as the balloon gets higher and higher". Well first off the point of his video is about the distance of the sun and not the shape of the earth. Second if you still want to claim the video shows the earth as flat then theres a couple things you need to understand. The first and foremost  is accounting for how large the earth is in comparison to yourself. The Earth is 24,901 miles in circumference at the equator and 24,812 miles from pole to pole. So I use to live in Hawaii about 2 years ago and on my first flight from Atlanta Georgia, to the city of Honolulu my flight was close to 9 hours long with no stops traveling at around 550 MPH (I dont remember exactly how fast the plane was traveling as it was years ago). Honolulu is around 4,490 miles away from Atlanta Ga. Not even half the circumference of the earth. My point is the earth is HUGE. I doubt the balloon in that video got much higher than 7 to 10 miles up if that and if you compare that to the size of the earth that's nothing.
So seeing curvature from that altitude may not be so clear cut just simply due to the fact of how high you need to be. The second thing is theres curvature in this video. It's ever so slight but if you pay attention carefully as the camera stops moving around as it hits its peak height shown in the video, you'll notice the horizon does have a slight bend to it. To to be honest its actually more proof the earth is a globe than being flat.

So lets do an overview.

the guy speaking (Vincent):
*doesn't provide scriptural evidence to prove his position of geocentrism
*Doesn't provide any scientific evidence for his position

*He explains nothing else other than casting useless doubt and then claims his position is of God when he has no scriptural evidence to back up his claim.

*his video shows no evidence of a sun that is not 93 million miles away other than his video title stating that. (Again I dont know if it is or isn't but he claimed to have proof that it wasn't 93 million miles away so the burdens on him) and even if the sun wasn't, would that prove the shape of the earth anyway? Obviously not

*there is no evidence in the video providing any reason to believe in a flat earth in general as you'd like to believe.

Yes this comment is a lot longer than expected because I wanted to be thorough and give as best an answer as I possibly could to your video. The reason I analyzed this video  is so that you could get a clear view of what kind of garbage you linked (no offense) proclaiming it as evidence, and to be honest each and every video about the flat earth is about just as bad as the one you linked. When watching these videos you need to look for a couple key things. These videos are usually designed to cast doubt and pray on peoples ignorance. flat earthers usually never have any evidence proving their belief. They just simply question an opposing idea hoping their viewers and listeners are too ignorant to answer those questions (and in many cases they are) . Because many people take for granted the knowledge of what proves the earth is a globe it's easy to lead them down a road of doubt and ultimately into a false belief.

Videos done by flat earthers (just like the one you link) are not be trusted just simply because they stamp the word "truth" on them. You need to understand that if you are curious about something, then research it to the fullest before hauling off and believing it.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 KJV
Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

If you have questions concerning the flat earth then ask them (1 at a time) and I'm positive I can point you in the right direction. However please take my advice on this. Stay away from getting involved with flat earth beliefs. The whole thing is spearheaded by people who are pagans and occultist, others who falsely proclaiming themselves as Christian, liars for filthy lucre(money gained in a dishonest way) and its followers are filled with pagans, and false converts who are willfully ignorant to anything opposing the flat earth since their faith is in the shape of the earth and not in Jesus Christ.

Suelong88

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2018, 10:56:25 AM »
Not only that, but when the eclipse happened last year, why was our shadow round?  Because the Earth is a globe.

Suelong88

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2018, 01:49:52 PM »
Let me rephrase, have you every seen a Lunar eclipse? 

Masha

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2018, 02:03:49 AM »
Dear people, I have seen a lot out there, but this is something so far out.... does anyone really seriously believe this??
I cannot understand anyone would like to spend time on this subject.
It is another distraction from the adversary to get people to focus on nonsense while souls are lost.

hidals

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2018, 10:49:27 PM »
 I have taken time to gather more feedback and so far I get a sense of folks getting triggered by this topic. This is very revealing to me. With that said, See my responses below.

Jeanne,
BTW you did not reply to my first response.
There is NO support in the Bible for a flat earth, and also plenty of scientific arguments against it. Main stream science has no value in my opinion, ever since it started to discredit GOD and Creation itself with the false doctrine of the big bang and human evolution from apes to man. Which I never accepted when I was in school. This is deception! In my opinion main stream science has been hijacked by the luciferians. Science has become witchcraft (scientism). There is plenty of evidence available to research for yourself in regards to the so called wise men of science and technology. The World system is full of deception and foolishness: 1 Corinthians 3:18-20  Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

That being said, it is really a non-issue. I would agree that it is not an issue over your own personal salvation, but in my opinion it is an issue, and a very interesting one hot button at the moment. Actually I have read many testimonies of folks that were non-believers and how GOD has used this issue for his GLORY to bring them to the truth and are now seeking GOD. AMEN, to GOD be the Glory!

In other words, WHO CARES? GOD cares!  Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me.  I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.  I have raised him up in righteousness, and I will direct all his ways: he shall build my city, and he shall let go my captives, not for price nor reward, saith the LORD of hosts. Isaiah 45: 11-13.   Since I too care, I decided to reach out and make the post  to get feedback. I will also continue to pray on this topic.  Philippians 4:6  Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 1 peter 5:7 KJV  Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. 

I mean, would it really make any difference to you or your faith in the Bible one way the other? Yes, it would make a big difference by strengthening and edifying my faith overall. I think the same would be for everyone.

Would you live your life any differently if you suddenly believed the world was flat? Yes I would definitely look at life differently if I come to find out that I have been deceived all my life, would not that be the same for you? Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.  1 Thessalonians 5: 21 KJV

If you want to argue about it, go somewhere else. WE ARE NOT INTERESTED! All caps-really, and saying for me to go somewhere else, just inappropriate in a Church setting, after all just wanted to get feedback from folks. That is all. If this topic upsets you, you are not obligated to comment.

Now, my question is, why do you keep pushing me for answers when I've already told you I have no interest in discussing the topic? Point out when I was pushing for answers, I just simply requested to get your answers on the questions you were asking me.

Christopher,
Our church has had discussions about this over various videos a number of times. Correction, we make up the Church body but the Church is not ours, it belongs to Christ Jesus. Acts 20: 27-28  I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.  Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

extensive research into who is behind this movement to argue a flat earth, and it really comes down to paganism and occultism.  htIt is interesting that in the video the guy states the same,  the solar system came from Ancient Egypt and the occult magic principles and the worship of the sun god Ra also referenced (doctrine of Hermes) Scriptures has plenty to say about the spirit of Egypt. Isaiah 19: 1-4 The burden of Egypt. Behold, the LORD rideth upon a swift cloud, and shall come into Egypt: and the idols of Egypt shall be moved at his presence, and the heart of Egypt shall melt in the midst of it. And I will set the Egyptians against the Egyptians: and they shall fight every one against his brother, and every one against his neighbour; city against city, and kingdom against kingdom. And the spirit of Egypt shall fail in the midst thereof; and I will destroy the counsel thereof: and they shall seek to the idols, and to the charmers, and to them that have familiar spirits, and to the wizards. And the Egyptians will I give over into the hand of a cruel lord; and a fierce king shall rule over them, saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts.
He mentioned a Nicolaus Copernicus
https://www.britannica.com/biography/Nicolaus-Copernicus . A simple google search tells us that He indeed made up the Heliocentric Theory. Which was then promoted by Johannes Kepler. https://www.britannica.com/biography/Johannes-Kepler . Which was an astrologer. The Scriptures show us that GOD opposed astrologers, magicians and the sort: Isaiah 47, these are the guys that introduced this theory. We should question that?
These practices are witchcraft in the eyes of the LORD. Galatians 5: 19-21 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
1 Samuel 15:23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the Lord, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

If you listen closely to the video you pointed everyone towards, the guy started out saying that there was Biblical evidence for a flat earth, then failed to present it. The guy States that scripture tells us Earth was created before the Sun and thus making the earth the center of the universe not the sun. Genesis 1: 1-18 which was known as and considered the truth throughout the world until the heliocentric theory was adopted in early 1600 and has been pushed thru the years to present by school curriculums as absolute truth, along with the big-bang and evolution of man from apes. These are all tied together, and came about from the same agenda which is to discredit GOD and his creation. Why would you accept just one and throw out the other two. This is all together deception, in my opinion.

If you have a specific question, pose it  I do not or else I would have posted it on the original post. I was looking for feedback on the video.

but then you being curious about Biblical evidence, I never stated I was curious about Biblical evidence, I was asking for feedback and/or thoughts, on the video, nothing more.

then quoting Noah Webster's dictionary- I quoted the dictionary because in the Article it States that the Bible defines Earth: as spherical ball of matter and all therein (please point out the scripture) and the World: on the face of the earth , continents, and/or conditions, and/or inhabitants, etc. and if you look at both definitions, you can clearly see that the words can be used interchangeably and are used that way in the scriptures as per the examples provided.

-that is not going to help you in an argument here. Can you state what my argument is? I believe I never made one, again I simply wanted feedback from folks. That is all.

but if he thinks he's going to convert someone here, he's wasting his time. I am not interested in converting anyone. I am just sharing info and looking for feedback. Why make a persuasive statement like this? You are speaking for others, you should just speak for yourself. Let everyone look at the info objectively and open minded. By making this statement, you are implying that if anyone did change their thoughts on this topic, that there is something wrong with him/her and it is hence why your premise that I am wasting my time.  Galatians 6: 1-10 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself. But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another. For every man shall bear his own burden. Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things. Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

Dedrick,

The whole thing is spearheaded by people who are pagans and occultist. Please provide the names of the people you are refereeing to. It

hidals

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2018, 10:53:15 PM »
 Dedrick,

The whole thing is spearheaded by people who are pagans and occultist. Please provide the names of the people you are refereeing to. It is interesting since the guy in the video states the same thing about the heliocentric theory originating from occult and pagan worship. I did look into it and it is factually recorded. See links provided. That is evidence in my opinion.

All he talks about for the rest of the video is how Nicolaus Copernicus took his idea of the heliocentric model from the Egyptians sun God called Ra. Talking about how pagan  the Egyptians were and how they copied their God of Ra from the God of the bible, and honestly that has nothing to do with the proving the sun is 93million miles away.

BTW from looking at the video, the sun looks very local. It is quite compelling to me.  If the sun is not 93 million miles (really-really far away) then the whole heliocentric theory is busted. Supposedly the sun is really BIG and thus why it is so far away. The Scientist (wise men) that discredit GOD and his creation are the men that we are supposed to believe in when it comes to the globe earth?  Anyways, I also get the sense that this topic is being shunned. I thought that may be the case after reading the article, but wanted to see if that indeed would be so, and why I posted. Thanks for confirmation.

For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence. But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.
I

hidals

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2018, 10:54:56 PM »

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2018, 12:49:16 AM »
Our church has had discussions about this over various videos a number of times.
Correction, we make up the Church body but the Church is not ours, it belongs to Christ Jesus. Acts 20: 27-28  I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.  Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
First and foremost, you need to stop this right now. I can show you in Scripture where there was the church in Corinth, the church in Galatia, etc, etc. We all know that is the church as a whole, and most everyone here can testify that I have taught that multiple times; however, individual locations of "church" are used in that context. You already understand what I'm saying; you know when the Bible speaks like this contextually, and I can prove that. Our church is the regional church we belong to (i.e. we don't have a region because we're online), and you KNEW that's what I was contextually speaking about. I repeat, you KNEW that; so don't try to fool anyone here.
In your introductory post, you said:
"As if there was no other Church for me. Since that confrontation, I realized that the whole time I had been at that congregation,"
You linked the term "church" to a "congregation," which would be a regional context, just as I used it in my post. You ought to be ashamed of yourself for even attempting that because what you're attempting to do is purposefully strike up contention through your strife, trying to make yourself out to have some superior understanding or discernment in vanity and with deception, and that means you're already starting to show the wicked spirit that's in the flat-earth cult. We, as the church of Christ, will not sit idly by and suffer that among us; I needed to state that clearly to you so that you understand.

I should also point out that you are not a member of our church; perhaps you are in the Body of Christ in general, but when you raise vain contention like this, you're showing us evidence to the contrary because we don't act like this among one another.

If you have a specific question, pose it
I do not or else I would have posted it on the original post. I was looking for feedback on the video.
Then drop it. Dederick has responded to you quite thoroughly, and that should be enough. If you want to continue to cause that kind of senseless contention, then depart from us in peace. Have a wonderful day.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2018, 12:51:28 AM »
Sigfredo broke forum rules by his very last post with four links on it, so I'm locking/closing this thread. See our rules here: http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=156.0