Author Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 3483 times)

clean country living

Hi everyone
« on: January 14, 2020, 11:28:25 PM »
I am very thankful for the CLE website teachings, YouTube, etc.  I was what you would call a false convert early on in life.  At 12 years of age I thought I felt Jesus calling me to baptized (in the church my family attended, that's what repent and forgiveness meant). So I was in constant fear of going to hell since no one ever taught me about true repentance, grace, or sanctification.  We were taught NOTHING about the HOLY SPIRIT.  Later as a married adult with 3 children, we attended church regularly and payed our tithes like all good Christians were supposed to do. As time went on my husband and I realized that there had to be more than what we were being taught at the church we attended so we left that denomination and searched out many other denominations only to be more confused.  We just stopped attending church buildings at that point and started studying on our own.  That was alright for a while but we just weren't spiritually satisfied.

While we were attending a non denominational church building, we suddenly lost our only daughter in an automobile accident.  Sadly her death took its toll on our marriage and we separated.  I then committed fornication and my husband and I divorced.  We both remarried and started new lives (adultery on my part).  I started attending the Baptist Church building that my new husband was a member of.  I was spiritually confused even more.  In the Fall of 2018 I started a bible study with my sister.  We both were searching for answers.  We started researching different teachers about different topics to study online and oooh WOW we just about lost our minds with all the different beliefs and teachings.  We stuck with it and prayed for direction and found a couple of teachings about the Pagan Holidays, Idolatry, Halloween, etc., and I came across the CLE YouTube channel.

I then started looking at every teaching, listening to the audios, and watching the videos.  It wasn't very long before I found myself on my knees crying to the Lord for offending him with all of the evil things I had done.  I remember feeling disgusted with myself and so remorseful to God and just couldn't quit crying. I now know that this is what is meant by Godly grief and sorrow unto repentance.  I read the teaching on Marriage and on Repentance and now I completely understand being forgiven and of grace.  I continue to learn more and more everyday and strive to sanctify my self daily. 

I haven't attended church buildings for a while now and I'm sad to say that the only person I can fellowship with is my sister(my husband thinks I'm crazy and doesn't want to hear any teachings about the truth).  The rest of my family and most of my friends think I've went off the deep end (lost my mind) because I don't participate in Holidays, Birthdays, Vulgar TV and Movies, and you can pretty much guess the rest I'm sure.

I am now praying for charity and to begin good works unto repentance.  I hope to get some tracts and start leaving them at the places I run my errands.  I was saved at age 56.  All in all it is well with my soul!

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 09:57:11 AM »
Becky, Welcome!

I am sure you will find many here that have similar stories.  We will enjoy getting to know you.

Like you, I am so grateful for what the Lord has laid on Chris' heart to teach. Some of the things we have learned recently have been life-changing for me personally.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 450
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 12:03:17 PM »
This is another great introduction post. We've received some really good ones recently, and I really enjoyed reading this. Your open honesty was refreshing. That godly sorrow Paul wrote about in 2 Corinthians, we understand.  :)

Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
-Mat 5:3
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 04:43:49 PM »
Hi

Welcome to the forum.  That was a good read and it's always interesting to read of others and their true repentence and true conversion.

Luke 15 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
8 Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find it? 9 And when she hath found it, she calleth her friends and her neighbours together, saying, Rejoice with me; for I have found the piece which I had lost. 10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2020, 05:42:16 PM »
Hi Becky, and welcome! It's great to have you here and I'm so glad you found us. I, too, came across CLE after I had prayed not to be deceived by false teachers anymore. I look forward to getting to know you better.

What part of Texas are you in? I lived in Houston for a while, then moved up to East Texas and lived in both Timpson and Nacogdoches.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 12:34:40 AM »
Hi

Welcome to the forum.  That was a good read and it's always interesting to read of others and their true repentence and true conversion.

8 Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find it? 9 And when she hath found it, she calleth her friends and her neighbours together, saying, Rejoice with me; for I have found the piece which I had lost. 10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

I had meant to add my heartfelt condolences with you losing your daughter in a road crash too.  Things sometimes happen that turn our whole lives upside down.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 29
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dee
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2020, 01:04:30 AM »
Hi Becky and Welcome :-)

Thank you for your introduction post.  My heart goes out to you for your loss. 

This really is a wonderful place to be, with true born-again Christians. 
Praise God that you were seeking Him and that He gave you repentance. 
So very glad that He led you to us and that you are here :-)

« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 01:11:24 AM by Dee Babbitt »

clean country living

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2020, 08:06:43 AM »
Becky, Welcome!

I am sure you will find many here that have similar stories.  We will enjoy getting to know you.

Like you, I am so grateful for what the Lord has laid on Chris' heart to teach. Some of the things we have learned recently have been life-changing for me personally.

Hi Tonya,
I am grateful for Chris' teachings of the truth of Gods' word  and look forward to getting to know you all too!

clean country living

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2020, 08:13:06 AM »
Hi Becky and Welcome :-)

Thank you for your introduction post.  My heart goes out to you for your loss. 

This really is a wonderful place to be, with true born-again Christians. 
Praise God that you were seeking Him and that He gave you repentance. 
So very glad that He led you to us and that you are here :-)

Hi Dee and thank you for your kind words.  Yes it is truly a wonderful place to be and to able to share our hearts, Praise God!

clean country living

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2020, 08:18:58 AM »
This is another great introduction post. We've received some really good ones recently, and I really enjoyed reading this. Your open honesty was refreshing. That godly sorrow Paul wrote about in 2 Corinthians, we understand.  :)

Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
-Mat 5:3

Thank you Chris for your kind words, and I'm so very thankful for your teachings on the truths of Gods' word.  Praying for your family and your ministry.

clean country living

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2020, 08:32:36 AM »
Hi

Hi

I had meant to add my heartfelt condolences with you losing your daughter in a road crash too.  Things sometimes happen that turn our whole lives upside down.

Thank you so much.  There is much joy in my heart also when I see others that have repented!

clean country living

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2020, 08:38:51 AM »
Hi Becky, and welcome! It's great to have you here and I'm so glad you found us. I, too, came across CLE after I had prayed not to be deceived by false teachers anymore. I look forward to getting to know you better.

What part of Texas are you in? I lived in Houston for a while, then moved up to East Texas and lived in both Timpson and Nacogdoches.

Hi Jeanne, and thank you for the welcome.  Looking forward to getting to know you all better as well.
I currently live in a small community near Bryan, TX.  I'm a country girl at heart  :)

madonnajean

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: 3
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Madonna
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2020, 10:50:36 AM »
Hi Becky, thank you for sharing. It's good to know that the Lord is leading his sleep in similar circumstances. When I read in Matt: 24:4 " take heed that no man deceive ". as the first sign of the end. I asked him ; " am I deceived"? Wow! He has not stopped showing me how much deception there is in the world. Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. I thank God for leading me to like mind believers. Madonna H.