Author Topic: Emotional Rage to Defend 501c3 Organizations (Leslie Augur)  (Read 13785 times)

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Emotional Rage to Defend 501c3 Organizations
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2019, 12:41:18 AM »
And just to make it clear, what Caleb meant by his 'parents' church' is that his dad is the pastor of this church.

I really feel for you being put in this horrible situation Caleb.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Caleb

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 16
  • Romans 1
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2019, 11:46:15 AM »
anvilhauler,

It's not as bad a situation as you might think.  Getting out from under the influence of my parents who have been mainly taught the wrong thing for 50+ years was a blessing.  Yes, it has caused issues in the relationship that we had but I've simply told them that I love God more and that God will always come first before what they think about me.  And just last Saturday I went with my dad and Adam, my oldest brother, to this fish fry that was taking place at a church, didn't know what church at the time.  This was more of an experiment to see what problems I could find there.  Of course, the first problem with the "church" is the huge cross engraved on the side of the outside walls.  When I walked into the entrance immediately there where two pictures of "Christ" and a wooden cross.  As I walked down a hallway there was another picture of the "last supper."  So I'm already feeling sick to my stomach at this point.  Then, we went to the eating area and in huge letters on the wall was a name, "Alex Rutledge."  So after we ate we went into the area where the preaching takes place to listen to Alex Rutledge.  Well, at least he used the KJV.  But there was plenty that simply made me mad and Adam was also pointing things out too.  Adam has definitely come a long way now to discern truth.  Apparently you can get to heaven by simply setting a good example, it's all about family in life, hate religion because it doesn't matter what religion you are because it's all about Jesus Christ, and you can anoint people who are not sick.  So as they were "anointing" Alex and praying Adam and I decided that this was a good time to leave and go outside until it was over.  So, when dad was taking me home I decided to ask him if he saw any problems with what he said.  He simply says that he's not going to criticize, even though he disagreed with what Alex said about religion.  I pushed the matter by saying that we are suppose to judge all things with righteous judgement and are suppose to rebuke and correct that behavior.  Then my dad said something that really made me mad.  He said that we can't judge an "anointed" one.  I blew up.  I said you have got to be kidding me dad.  So a so-called anointed one can't be judge and who determines who is an anointed one.  If a so-called anointed one rapes a 13 year old it's okay because we can't judge an "anointed" one.  All he could say is that we aren't suppose to judge no man lest we be judged.  I told him that you have taken that out of context and I tried to explain that to him but like always, he wouldn't listen.  In all honesty, he probably can't judge because he himself is already being judge for the same things because I have been judging him on almost those same matters.  I decided to tell Adam and Adam said that we may just have to go ahead an sanctify ourselves from our parents.  Well, he may be right.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2019, 03:14:43 PM »
anvilhauler,

It's not as bad a situation as you might think.  ...

Yes, it does come the time when it is necessary to santify one's self from their parents or any other family members.  I tend to see it as a sad thing for other people and yet quite happily do it myself from my siblings.  I hope one day your father is able to see the truth and the way things really are.

Feel free to call me Kevin.  I changed my online name from my real name when there was a change in the forum a while back.  I changed because I told people I had met up with from the "baptist" (whatever that is) "church" that I used to be involved with that I keep up with real Christians online because they are the only real Christians I have ever had contact with.  They scoffed at that.  Because their beliefs and actions cost me my relationship with my children and being a part of them growing up and many years of heartache I never want any contact with any of them ever again.  I now try to make sure that if they do a Google search they won't find my name.  Needless to say but my children (now 30 and 28) are not Christians and have written me off.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 449
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2019, 10:23:31 AM »
So I looked into it, and though I cannot find their financial records, I did find that they filed I20 on their 501c3 form, which is listed under "Crime Prevention." Typically, most ministries and church organizations will file more honestly as a religious institution, but whoever filed the paperwork for Words of Faith Life Ministries Inc decided to list themselves as a crime prevention outreach.

I just thought that was odd because I've never seen that before.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 449
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2019, 10:35:00 AM »
I pushed the matter by saying that we are suppose to judge all things with righteous judgement and are suppose to rebuke and correct that behavior.  Then my dad said something that really made me mad.  He said that we can't judge an "anointed" one.  I blew up.  I said you have got to be kidding me dad.  So a so-called anointed one can't be judge and who determines who is an anointed one.  If a so-called anointed one rapes a 13 year old it's okay because we can't judge an "anointed" one.  All he could say is that we aren't suppose to judge no man lest we be judged.  I told him that you have taken that out of context and I tried to explain that to him but like always, he wouldn't listen.  In all honesty, he probably can't judge because he himself is already being judge for the same things because I have been judging him on almost those same matters.  I decided to tell Adam and Adam said that we may just have to go ahead an sanctify ourselves from our parents.  Well, he may be right.
So if you go to 1 Corinthians, you can find a direct contradiction with what your dad said:
I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world. But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat. For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.
-1Co 5:9-13

Of course we separate ourselves from sin, but we need to interact with the world for their sakes; however, when it comes to someone claiming to be of Christ, but doing these wicked things, we need to sanctify ourselves and have nothing to do with them. (Unless they come to repentance.)

As Paul is pointing out, what is the purpose of judging the details of a man's life if he is already dead to sin? Don't misunderstand, we rebuke sin and give them the law, but at the same time, we don't need to try to work with them to turn them from sin, but rather, let the law do that job.

The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
-Psa 19:7

However, if they claim to be of Christ, which means they are claiming to be of the church of Christ as a whole with us, and they are doing wicked deeds, then yes, we judge those that are within. That's one the reasons we remove them from the church if they don't have repentance, and that's because not only will they leaven the whole church, but we remove them for the sake of their souls, that if they have not been converted truly (i.e. they are false converts), then God will judge them on the outside, that they might be brought to the humility of repentance and be saved.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Caleb

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 16
  • Romans 1
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
Re: Emotional Rage to Defend 501c3 Organizations (Leslie Augur)
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2019, 05:38:39 PM »
So about the crime prevention.  I think it has something to do with the "church" being used as a Narcotics Anonymous meeting place on specific days.  So I don't know if that has something to do with it or not.  But that is beside the point.