Author Topic: (WEEKLY TEACHING) Tithe is NOT a Christian Requirement p8  (Read 1845 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 449
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
(WEEKLY TEACHING) Tithe is NOT a Christian Requirement p8
« on: February 10, 2020, 03:13:38 PM »
Tithe is NOT a Christian Requirement p8
In part 8, we finish up exposing Ed Young, and then we go into details about the millions of dollars Creflo Dollar extorts from his congregations.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

clinton_post

Re: (WEEKLY TEACHING) Tithe is NOT a Christian Requirement p8
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 11:01:03 PM »
I've been learning a great deal from your youtube videos, especially about tithing and 501c3.  I have felt for a long time that tithing is not a New Testament rule.  You don't see it in the NT.  The only verses that I have in question are a few verses where Paul is talking about honoring those that are preachers and the treading the ox, etc...  What are your thoughts on that?  Is that related to tithing?  I want to be right about this.  I'm in a weird place in my walk where Church seems so wrong to me and I am having a hard time fitting in with modern churches.  My wife wants to go to these churches, but she knows that I find too many flaws in the teachings and structure of many of the churches in San Diego.  Many of the churches don't use the KJV and are all 501c3.  I have found occultic symbology in some of the churches, which is crazy to me.  Many are going for a dark sanctuary theme with blue mood lighting.  It seems so wicked to me.  But most Christians I know just say I'm too skeptical  Anyways, it makes one feel alone.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 449
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 11:59:18 AM »
I merged your post into this thread since it was concerning this teaching series.

Tithe is in the New Testament, but it is never practiced in the New Testament by the church, and it is never commanded in the New Testament for the church to do. We need to make sure that is clear, because if you go around saying "tithe is not in the New Testament," and those people pull up verses that speak about tithe, then we will look foolish; rather, we need to understand the context of the very few verses in the New Testament that mention tithe.

"What are your thoughts on that?  Is that related to tithing?  I want to be right about this.  I'm in a weird place in my walk where Church seems so wrong to me and I am having a hard time fitting in with modern churches."
I would normally answer that, but frankly, I just went over that a few weeks ago in this teaching series. So what I would suggest is to go back through them and listen to them again because you are missing major pieces of what I taught, and that's not a bad thing, don't misunderstand; it's normal for all of us to only absorb a small percentage of what was said in a teaching, but you should go over it again to get all of it.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

clinton_post

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 08:07:35 PM »
Thank you, that made sense.