Author Topic: Steven Anderson made my day!  (Read 2638 times)

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
  • Belief: Christian
Steven Anderson made my day!
« on: August 07, 2018, 08:15:02 AM »
As I was driving home after work on Saturday (I had been listening to the teaching on abortion and witchcraft all day  :(  )  I was listening to Chris's video about Steven Andersnake preaching about urination  ??? . I thought to myself, "This is going to be really stupid and a waste of time".
However, as I was listening, slightly entertained by Steven Andersatans idiocy, he finally said something like, "MEN ARE SITTING DOWN TO PEE!  THIS IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH AMERICA!!!".
I've just gotta tell you folks I simply busted out laughing and I laughed the rest of the way home.
 :D
Yes, I finally found something that Satan Andersnake is good for. 👍
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Christopher_Belflower

• Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: -2
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Chris
Re: Steven Anderson made my day!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 08:46:14 AM »
Hahaha! you changed his name three different times, the last one is kind of catchy; Satan Andersnake.

I had this image in my head of what it looks like when he preaches. Years ago, I watched the cooking show 'Hells Kitchen'.
I equate Andersnake preaching to seeing unsaved Gordon Ramsay standing at a pulpit during a dinner service.
The cussing, the anger, the violence. The difference is Gordon Ramsay doesn't actually hate people.
Chris B
For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. Philippians 1:21

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 449
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 10:15:21 AM »
I understand the position, and the humor of the matter, but you won't hear me call Anderson things like that because I don't believe that's the best approach to reach out to the lost cult followers in his church. (And I doubt his children would be willing to listen to such things; as they desperately need the Gospel just as much as the others.) They will do those types of things in a railing manner, as I have experienced from them many times; thus, I simply give them the facts and...
Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
-1 Peter 3:9
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 12:01:01 PM »
Trust me, I don't hate Steven Anderson. It's just that I've listened to a few of his preaching and he really grinds my nerves, for several reasons.
For me to get some sort of enjoyment from the man was quite surprising.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Christopher_Belflower

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 07:55:52 PM »
Ok, can't argue with Scripture. This is a genuine question for the church and not a joke because I want to be clear on the matter:
Does the not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing truth as a matter of name designations... applicable to individuals only and not for institutions?

For example is it perfectly acceptable to say, "pastors learned these things in their wicked "cemetery" schools".
But if the name calling is against an individual then we refrain? or using wicked Steven Anderson is acceptable without modifying his name?

Just trying to determine if name-calling the institution would hinder anybody who has attended said institution from listening to the teachings if name-calling has been implemented on their system of education.

Thanks.
Chris B

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 449
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 07:58:18 PM »
It is not a railing accusation against any person. I call "Hollywood" "Hellywood," but it is not a railing accusation to which evil is transferred, meaning "exchanging evil for evil" would have to be done towards an individual, not against inanimate objects or institutions.

I've used the phrase "James 'Snow' White" because he's notorious for snowing people with his false doctrines. However, calling him "Andersatan" implies that Anderson is Satan, which would just be a railing accusation without doctrinal and evidence support.

Yet, on the other hand, some names fit, but only when there is a description given with it. Jesus called religious leadership vipers and hypocrites, but when He did so, He explained why. That's really the difference in the "name-calling" aspect; it's whether or not explanation is given with it, and though I won't claim to have a 100% great track record on this, you'll notice that I do take the time to explain why I call something a name like that when I do it.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 08:01:57 PM by creationliberty »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Christopher_Belflower

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 08:11:31 PM »
I call "Hollywood" "Hellywood," but it is not a railing accusation to which evil is transferred, meaning "exchanging evil for evil" would have to be done towards an individual, not against inanimate objects or institutions.

Great explanation! Thanks Chris, I want to be clear in the event I find myself straying from Biblical truth during my own writings.
Chris B

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 09:20:16 PM »
For example is it perfectly acceptable to say, "pastors learned these things in their wicked "cemetery" schools".

With regards to the "cemetery schools" I think it is perfectly fitting.  One of the "pastors" I have had the most displeasure to ever meet the aquantance of was a teacher in the "Bible College" here.

Matthew 23 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. 28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

I think it might have been Jeanne who had the other quite fitting name for their "institutions" as the pharisee factories.  They produce people who are as dead and unloving and full of iniquity as themselves.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2018, 10:59:08 PM »
I think it might have been Jeanne who had the other quite fitting name for their "institutions" as the pharisee factories.  They produce people who are as dead and unloving and full of iniquity as themselves.

It wasn't me. I remember the phrase, but I don't remember who said it, either.