Author Topic: (BOOK) Psychology: Hoodwinked by the Devil  (Read 16325 times)

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
  • Belief: Christian
Re: (BOOK) Psychology: Hoodwinked by the Devil
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2019, 09:34:29 PM »
Chris, thank you for linking together fornication and adultery with covetousness in chapter 3.  That brings another angle to the topic.
That should be helpful to me when I'm preaching.

I have just finished reading that chapter.  I especially like the part about sinful women who cause their children to be alienated from their father.  If the "pastors" and others I have had dealings with here in Dunedin were to read that they would likely be almost rolling around on the floor in a wild rage and foaming at the mouth.  The same for all of the other truths that are brought to light when reading all of the other articles and listening to the audio teachings.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2019, 11:00:58 PM »
Yep, just can't get away from this:

Matthew 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2019, 03:41:39 PM »
Chris wrote from the perspective of a psychologist:
"Had difficulty concentrating? Chemical imbalance."

Apparently reading these boring and nonsensical quotes from the modern day witch doctors is causing me to had a chemical imbalance.  ;)
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2019, 02:33:09 PM »
The talk of mental illnesses reminds me of atheists and evolutionists scoffers like to use psychology as an example for a victory against Christianity. They claim that all people including Jesus Christ and Abraham were nothing more than "mentally ill" morons. According to them, thanks to psychology, we can safely say there is no demons, angels, God, or anything like that, its all nothing more than mentally ill idiots. Have anyone else seen this arrogance from scoffers?
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2019, 02:45:34 PM »
The talk of mental illnesses reminds me of atheists and evolutionists scoffers like to use psychology as an example for a victory against Christianity. They claim that all people including Jesus Christ and Abraham were nothing more than "mentally ill" morons. According to them, thanks to psychology, we can safely say there is no demons, angels, God, or anything like that, its all nothing more than mentally ill idiots. Have anyone else seen this arrogance from scoffers?

Romans 1:22-23 KJV  Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2019, 04:29:53 PM »
They sure like to drag an eternal and all-powerful God down to their level:
These things hast thou done, and I kept silence; thou thoughtest that I was altogether such an one as thyself: but I will reprove thee, and set them in order before thine eyes.
-Psalm 50:21
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2019, 08:07:14 PM »
Numbers 14:3-4 KJV  And wherefore hath the LORD brought us unto this land, to fall by the sword, that our wives and our children should be a prey? were it not better for us to return into Egypt? And they said one to another, Let us make a captain, and let us return into Egypt.

Yes, even today people want their problems solved, not by God, but by returning to Egypt.

Here is the logo of one of the leading pharmaceutical companies. A bull with a 🌞sun disk between it's horns. An image of Baal!

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/the-logo-of-danish-pharmaceutical-company-novo-nordisk-is-pictured-at-picture-id633295152?s=594x594

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2019, 08:26:20 PM »
In plain sight, do they hide. ;D

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2019, 09:21:33 PM »
You should take a look at a guy named Michael Aquino, who was a colonel in the US military. He was heavily involved in 'psyops' (psychological warfare).

This guy even LOOKS creepy, as his eyebrows curve up into points to look like horns. He was second only to Anton LeVey himself in the Church of Satan until he left to form his own 'church' called the Temple of Set.

Most people don't know that satanism runs rampant in the government at all levels; military, politicians and various other government agencies.

https://exposinginfragard.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-case-against-michael-aquino-satanic.html

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2019, 08:32:29 PM »
Chris wrote:
"If the information was helpful to you, please share it with others."
It is and I am.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2019, 04:13:40 PM »
For some reason I was expecting a chapter on devil possession since demonic influences can certainly make people act as if they have "mental issues".

However, when a person gets 'born again' those spiritual problems will be on their way to bring resolved, so I guess chapter on devil possession wasn't necessary.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 449
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2019, 05:02:11 PM »
It really never even came to my mind the entire time I was writing it. I think it's because real demonic possession stumps psychologists, and no amount of drugs will help it. In the end, saying that someone is demon possessed is simply another way to justify sin. The demonic possession will be saved for another teaching, but I don't know if or when I'll ever get that done.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2019, 01:24:24 PM »
I saw a video on Youtube the other day that was mocking a ridiculous show in which people were trying to "rehabilitate" a 300-lbs woman who refused to eat anything but cheesy potatoes, claiming that she had some mental disorder against food other than cheesy potatoes. I'm not kidding; I almost thought it was all just satire because it was so ridiculous, but they were serious. In order to help rehabilitate her from her cheesy potato demon, they had her take a bag of potatoes and throw it into her yard, but the bag of potatoes only made it about three feet because... well... she's 300-lbs of raw cheesy potatoes, why would she throw away her brethren with such ferocity?

There was another woman I saw who was claimed to have a mental disorder because she would only eat french fries. She was a young woman, claiming that she had "lost friends" because she would only eat french fries. I cannot imagine a scenario where she's in college and her friends say, "Ugh, Becky only eats french fries. Guys, we cannot hang out with her any more because french fries are gross and no one in college ever eats them." She can't be serious. Far be it from me to say that, aside from being made of french fries, she's a liar who is full of that which comes out the backside of a bull.

The stupidity is reaching epic levels, and it will only get worse from here.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2019, 01:47:05 PM »
I can only pray that they repent from their lifestyles and be brought low. But knowing how things go they'll wind up like the man in Florida who tried microwaving a microwave. Spoiler alert: this killed him and he went to hell.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2019, 02:07:06 PM »
I can only pray that they repent from their lifestyles and be brought low. But knowing how things go they'll wind up like the man in Florida who tried microwaving a microwave. Spoiler alert: this killed him and he went to hell.
You mean "repent OF" their lifestyles. I covered the reasons for that in the repentance teaching. The Bible says repent OF because it means godly sorrow, but church-ianity preachers typically say "repent FROM" because they believe that the word 'repent' means "to turn FROM sin." It seems small, but there is a distinction there.

I did not bring these things up because I wanted everyone to start sharing the first random stupid things people have done off the top of their heads. I brought this up because these women are claimed to have mental disorders because this is a thread about the psychology subject. That's why your comment about the man in Florida made no sense; it's almost as if you're simply commenting because you wanted to say something instead of sharing something that was relevant to what I was talking about.

I also would pray that God would bring all these people to repentance of their wrongdoing and faith in Christ because that is the will of God.
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
-2Pe 3:9

But I posted that because I was surprised at the level of foolishness the mental disorder concept is going, angered at how these people are looking for excuses for their sin, and providing further evidence that what I wrote in the book is true.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2019, 04:28:11 PM »
Thank you, Chris, for telling me the correct way of saying repentance. I'm sorry about what I put I was merely trying to connect that if these foolish men and woman keep living their lifestyle that it will eventually end in tragedy. I am thankful that you are patient of me especially considering what all of the stupid things I've done on the forum.

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2019, 07:24:45 PM »
Thank you, Chris, for telling me the correct way of saying repentance. I'm sorry about what I put I was merely trying to connect that if these foolish men and woman keep living their lifestyle that it will eventually end in tragedy. I am thankful that you are patient of me especially considering what all of the stupid things I've done on the forum.
That's because you are willing to learn and acknowledge your mistakes instead of trying to justify yourself as so many other people do. You are correctable, whereas many others are not.  ;)