Author Topic: (WEEKLY TEACHING) The Biblical Understanding of Weddings & Marriage p5  (Read 2833 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 449
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
The Biblical Understanding of Weddings & Marriage p5
In part 5, we expose the corruptions of the Book of Common Prayer, and answer common arguments from churchgoers about weddings.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
If sex was required for a man and a woman to be married then a virgin couple would still be unmarried as they left the altar and the pastor or priest would not be able to declare them as man and wife, unless...
(I will let you all fill in the blank.)
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That's correct.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
That's why pagan weddings used to include a ritual called 'bedding the bride'...

Joshua JZB

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 27
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Joshua
My cousin got married at a registry office and one of my friends who went to the church she used to go to (that I also attended briefly) made the remark that because they weren't married with the church as a witness, that they did not consider their marriage to be legitimate.

I didn't say anything at the time but it got me really thinking about the requirement for marriage and if that church in particular thought that the requirement was somehow different for Christians, or that all marriages outside of the church were somehow illegitimate.

Thank the Lord that he's made marriage so simple, and not based upon some arbitrary rules or rituals that all the cultures around the world wouldn't know about unless they had direct access to the Bible (assuming those rituals etc were put in the Bible.) Otherwise they would be sinning over and over (even more than they would have been already) and bringing upon themselves curses just by continuing their civilisation. Cause when you think about it, pretty much every culture has some sort of understanding or instituation of marriage incorporated within it. It's a part of the law written on their hearts.

It angers me that people place so much arbitrary emphasis on these tradiations to give a marriage legitimacy, and especially hearing about what Chris and Lorraine went through. Not surprised the Catholic Church has a similiar approach but hearing about the origins of the phrase "holy matrimony" sure did shock me a bit. I would never have suspected such a phrase...
For God is my King of old, working salvation in the midst of the earth. - Psalm 74:12

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
What's worse is that, it's not as if this information is hidden, and in fact, most pastors have MORE free access to this information than I did, and yet, I was able to discover all this. Please do not misunderstand, I am not saying that all pastors who teach those pagan ceremonies are not of Christ, but the real question is, if Christ called them to teach, and they have prayed for the wisdom of God with a sincere heart, then where is their discernment on these matters?

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 23
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
I have heard that before that if you do not marry at church you are not married.  So I ask when did God start the church? They say with Christ. Then I ask so every one who lived before that were never married?
Before they answer I ask what color was eve dress when she married adam? Who was her flower girl or Adams best man?

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
if Christ called them to teach, and they have prayed for the wisdom of God with a sincere heart, then where is their discernment on these matters?
Buried somewhere between their seminary college degree, the fear of man, the love of money, and the need that they have for everyone to tell them just how wonderful and important they are.
That's where their discernment is.

Mark 4:7 KJV And some fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up, and choked it, and it yielded no fruit.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.