Author Topic: My name is Heather Taylor  (Read 10699 times)

heathertaylor

• Born Again Christians
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 63
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Heather
  • Belief: Christian
Re: My name is Heather Taylor
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2020, 10:10:07 PM »
I worked outside of the home and enjoyed it but I definitely prefer homemaker. My home life seemed to be chaotic when I worked full time. I used to Work at our local bank and gas station. But homeschooling was difficult and nearly impossible. So I said.  Im coming home. Best choice ever.

I went to Lorraines webpage Good Seed Garden. And it was one of the incidents that inspired me to start my own garden. We have 2.5 acres and we have a small garden. I want a bigger one. I would love to run a farm but I know it will be hard but totally worth it. I have heard of these things called Aerogardens. I was wanting to try that. It's an indoor garden. They can get pricey but it sure would be neat. We have big dreams to make our lil farm self sustaining. But one thing at a time. It all seems overwhelming sometimes.

Thank you Laura for being so kind and telling me about yourself. I am learning a lot through CLE and this forum. It encourages me to be better and please My LORD JESUS Christ and educates me. I still have a long way to go.
2 Peter 3:9 - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Ellie

• Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Elissa
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2020, 10:19:38 PM »
Heather,

Your testimony of coming to true repentance and faith in Christ is really good to hear. We are both new here but I am glad that we both found this place so early on in conversion so that we can connect with other believers. Praise God for His great mercy towards us all!
"Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better." (Ecclesiastes 7:3)

heathertaylor

• Born Again Christians
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2020, 04:18:53 PM »
It's a lonely walk so yes I was so glad that I found This place to get truth and guidance and encouragenent. When I read your testimony I just knew that you knew what it meant and it rang truth. All Glory to Jesus Christ for caring enough to be patient with me to come to the Truth and you as well.
2 Peter 3:9 - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Ellie

• Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2020, 05:30:01 PM »
You're right, Heather; it is a lonely walk. I have sanctified myself from the church I was going to and I don't have any friends over where I am anymore. I have always seen myself as an introvert but I after coming out of my church, leaving college, and leaving my ex-boyfriend in obedience to God's word I have never desired true fellowship more than I do now--it is a deep longing I have now that I see how few people have ever come to repentance and faith in general.
I'm thankful that we have access to this forum now. Praise God. I'm glad you're here, Heather!
"Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better." (Ecclesiastes 7:3)

heathertaylor

• Born Again Christians
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2020, 02:56:40 PM »
Ellie
     Also I am very thankful for the closer relationship with Jesus Christ now since I'm not distracting myself with the wrong people and activities. Now I'm learning on discerning when to teach and how to let them know The Truth (with love and compassion) even though they take it as hate speech.  (Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. Matthew 5:11-12) (Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
-Matthew 7:13-14 )   I used to be that person who hated reproof from my husband but now we are a team (that still struggles) working to sanctify ourselves from this world and reach the lost out there. So far we are finding out more and more just how alone we are and finding out who are friends really are. I listened to a message on CLE on birthdays and witchcraft (video part 2) and realized just how people pretend to be our friends for the sake of hidden obligation and outward appearances. Most people do not truly care about us. They feign it.

Have you checked out the biblical understand of weddings and marriage series? It will Prepare you for your future choosing of a mate. There is quite a bit of info. Lots of videos.

Ellie

• Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2020, 08:04:27 PM »
Heather,
Ellie
     Also I am very thankful for the closer relationship with Jesus Christ now since I'm not distracting myself with the wrong people and activities. Now I'm learning on discerning when to teach and how to let them know The Truth (with love and compassion) even though they take it as hate speech.
So true! I pray that God will help me with discernment in that area, too.

Have you checked out the biblical understand of weddings and marriage series? It will Prepare you for your future choosing of a mate. There is quite a bit of info. Lots of videos.
Yes, I have! It was very interesting to learn about. I am thankful that God has opened my mind to receive that information because I used to be very attached to the concepts of wedding traditions and I liked to plan my future wedding in my head and look at photos online about it. But I am glad I know the truth about it now. I desire to be married but I try (and struggle) to be patient about it but I know that I need to work on myself by God's grace in order to be more prepared to be a good wife, anyway. For now, I have more time to spend studying God's word which is good but I need to utilize it better (because I am lazy sometimes and don't use my time as I ought). I have a long way to go to become a proverbs 31 wife, but I pray that God will give me wisdom to grow in the areas I need it most.

It is definitely an increasingly lonely walk, but again, it is good to be part of the forum. Has your husband considered joining too? I pray that God would continue to guide your family on your walk with Christ.

Shannon

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: 14
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Shannon
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2020, 09:06:22 PM »
Hi Heather, welcome!

It was very encouraging to read through your posts. Praise the Lord Jesus Christ for giving you and your husband the wisdom and discernment to step away from the church you both attended for 14 years. I'm sure after that long in that church you stepped away from that you left behind a good amount of people who you thought were your friends, probably many of which don't agree with you. I had that happen when I left my last church 3 years ago, but the Lord gave me peace about leaving them all behind and warning them about the dangers of the the church (none of them have left that I warned).

We are all very excited to have you here. I look forward to more conversations with you in the future  :)

heathertaylor

• Born Again Christians
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2020, 12:05:39 PM »
Ellie
    My husband works a lot of hours. But he does listen to the teachings with me at night and is so glad we found this place to learn more. I tell him of the people and discussions on here. He is so glad I found friends in Christ.
I'm glad you had a chance to learn of the teaching on biblical marriages.  It has helped open my eyes as well.

Shannon
       Hi there. My husband  and I both were troubled for years at that church even though I was lost while I was there. I just didn't realize that it was God saying this place (building of paganism) isn't right. My husband tried to tell them but they didn't listen. We have talked with individuals outside of their "services" and we are losing the so called friends. But we just keep trucking along. A lil hurt (worldly pains) but not really surprised. Sanctification and repentance is our goal as is telling others the truth of The words Jesus Christ taught and lived. The words and teachings that changed my life. Jesus Christ changed me more than I ever thought possible. His mercy is overwhelming.

You ladies have a good day ! May God give opportunity to us to teach other ladies of His forgiveness of sin. May we humble ourselves and examine ourselves daily. And meditate on HIS word. May we sharpen each other in The Word.

heathertaylor

• Born Again Christians
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2020, 08:03:50 PM »
Just wanted to share some scriptures that help me.

Proverbs 27:17
Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

John 1:5
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

2 Corinthians 6:14
 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

1 John 2:15-17
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2020, 11:32:46 PM »
Heather and Ellie, I am glad to see both of you here. You have already been a blessing to us and it is encouraging to see two new people connecting and edifying each other. I hope to see the two of you eventually become part of our church family.

Ellie

• Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2020, 01:34:30 AM »
Heather, that makes sense. I am glad you and your husband are still able to listen to the teachings together anyway! I pray that the Lord would bless you and your family in learning more about walking with Christ. And thank you for posting those verses, they are good ones.

Jeanne, I know I have said it multiple times, but I really am thankful to be here. It is a joyful thing for me to see a new response to a post on here because I don't interact with anyone in person who has shown signs of being born again in Christ. I hope that I might be able to have the opportunity to join sometime.
I know it's God's kindness to me in leading me here to converse with other Christians because of all my prayers in frustration and confusion about where I could go to find true believers. It has been so great here already. Praise God.

heathertaylor

• Born Again Christians
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2020, 08:30:43 PM »
Ellie
     Do you liked to be called Ellie or EMS? Just curious. My husband enjoys the teachings of CLE BUT.. The more and more I learn the more concerned I am for my husband's heart. There are things that he says and does that worries me. I am still going to do what Gods Word says for me to do. I am going to keep praying for my husband. I have noticed some of my prayers are being heard just by some things my husband brings up in conversation. I realize God may be working in him and it may be because of the prayers? Anytime he listens to the audio teachings he really is glad there is another person who teaches what he believes but some subjects are touchy for my husband. I am wondering if I should bring them up? He has the idea that nobody should be remarried unless there is a death of a spouse. He does things that are repetitive sins and it is concerning me. He hangs out with people I know in my heart are lost but claim they aren't and it's bothering me.

Jeanne
      That's timely that you mentioned joining the church. I was just looking through the request to join and I want to. And I already downloaded the Skype app for it. I do have one question... I have a cell phone only and no microphone. Maybe it's built in on my phone? I am not very computer saavy .I haven't sent an email to Chris yet but I will. I am a little nervous but also excited to join. The times work for me. I have a pretty open schedule. Since I homeschool I can move class time to where ever will work. I am home most days. Also.. If you could lend me some advice on the situation I mentioned up in the note to Ellie ..that would be appreciated.

May we get deeper in His word! And that we would come humbly to him daily in repentance for our wrongs. He is so good to us

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2020, 09:51:12 PM »
If you have a smart phone, yes the mic will be built in. If you got your phone new, it should have also come with a headset which would probably have a mic in it, as well. If you don't have a headset, you can get those fairly cheaply at any office supply store and even some dollar stores.

I'm not sure what to say about your marriage situation. If you have voiced your concerns to your husband and he rejects what you have to say, then keep praying. Only the Holy Spirit can convict him. It may be that as he sees changes in you, that he will eventually come around.

I don't necessarily see his views on remarriage to be a problem, though. It's not a critical salvation doctrine and hopefully, the issue will never have any relevance to either one of you. If there are other doctrinal issues that you disagree on, ask him to share Scripture references supporting his position and you do the same.

I would be more concerned with the recurring sin and the people he is hanging around that may be encouraging that behaviour. Again, though, although you can voice your concerns to him, only the Holy Spirit can convict him. If he is truly seeking after God, he will come around in his own time. Work on yourself as much as possible and keep praying for your husband.

heathertaylor

• Born Again Christians
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2020, 10:43:31 PM »
Jeanne.
   I have told him how I think the people he hangs with are lost and he does agree. And his reoccurring sin is something i also spoke to him about and he agrees as well. But still continues. But I will keep on praying for the Holy Spirit to keep working on him. Also I will ask him why he believes the way he does on the remarriage issue. I appreciate your help. Thank you Jeanne  :)

Ellie

• Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2020, 12:51:31 AM »
Ellie
     Do you liked to be called Ellie or EMS? Just curious. My husband enjoys the teachings of CLE BUT.. The more and more I learn the more concerned I am for my husband's heart. There are things that he says and does that worries me. I am still going to do what Gods Word says for me to do. I am going to keep praying for my husband. I have noticed some of my prayers are being heard just by some things my husband brings up in conversation. I realize God may be working in him and it may be because of the prayers? Anytime he listens to the audio teachings he really is glad there is another person who teaches what he believes but some subjects are touchy for my husband. I am wondering if I should bring them up? He has the idea that nobody should be remarried unless there is a death of a spouse. He does things that are repetitive sins and it is concerning me. He hangs out with people I know in my heart are lost but claim they aren't and it's bothering me.
You guys can call me Ellie! My username is just my initials.
Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;
While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.
Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:
Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement. (1 Peter 3:1-6)

Praise God that He has been answering your prayers about your husband. That is a good thing. And I am also in agreement with Jeanne about this:
Again, though, although you can voice your concerns to him, only the Holy Spirit can convict him. If he is truly seeking after God, he will come around in his own time. Work on yourself as much as possible and keep praying for your husband.
I recently listened to the charity teaching and I have been really convicted about being more charitable towards others just by how I behave and represent Christ around them, and not causing people to stumble. As newer Christians, it is really good to have that understanding early on because it could really benefit the people around us. In working on yourself more and sanctifying yourself, your husband will likely take notice of it and it may have an impact on him. If you haven't listened to that teaching yet, I highly recommend it.

Joshua JZB

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 27
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Joshua
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2020, 08:22:23 AM »
Hello Heather,

Apologies it's a little late now but, Welcome! It was wonderful to read your testimony and praise God you found this ministry! I am rejoicing right along with you!

I see you've been talking about home births. I was born at home myself, though it was a while ago so I don't remember the details lol. So was my little sister, and then my older sister gave birth to her youngest son at home too, all in the same house funny enough!

My auntie is a midwife and she delivered me and nearly all my siblings, and most of my cousins. She's all about doing things naturally and she's done a lot of home births. So I think finding a good, supportive midwife is important. But I don't really know much this kind of stuff XD

Godbless you and your family :D

Joshua   
For God is my King of old, working salvation in the midst of the earth. - Psalm 74:12

heathertaylor

• Born Again Christians
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2020, 03:00:01 PM »
Joshua
    I am glad you introduced yourself. I am still trying to learn who everyone is. I am still overwhelmed that Jesus has opened my eyes. It brings tears of joy that he thought of me but the fact that so many I have been raised with and by are so lost. Praying that I will be bold and compassionate toward them to share truth even though they may not hear.

I am so glad we do not remember coming into this world.. It would be unfortunate indeed  :D

That is so cool that your family has continued in home births. I think I read something you had posted about your child being born in the hospital and denied all the doctors so called "help/assistance", is this correct or did I read someone else's comment? Sorry if I have you mixed up with another person.
Still will need a midwife for our family. I am not with child but we want more if God wills.

Excited to get to know everyone more. Patiently waiting to learn more of God's Word as well.
God bless your family as well.

madonnajean

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: 3
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Madonna
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2020, 11:18:28 PM »
Hi Heather; I sorry this is late in coming; I just read your posts and was blessed by the way the Lord lead you to true repentance. Your honesty is refreshing. I much older than you and raised my family of six children homeschooled and gave birth to 3 of them at home. It's not has as frightening as having to go into the hospital to give birth. I came from a large family of 18 and my mother had 9 at home it was a time when that was the norm. I'm sure the Lord will guide you in finding a midwife if that is what you and your husband desires. I just would like to thank you again for your posts and look forward to knowing you more.

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 157
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2020, 12:22:27 AM »
I hope that I might be able to have the opportunity to join sometime.
I know it's God's kindness to me in leading me here to converse with other Christians because of all my prayers in frustration and confusion about where I could go to find true believers. It has been so great here already. Praise God.

Just incase you aren't already aware: https://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=79.0

heathertaylor

• Born Again Christians
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2020, 02:47:30 AM »
Hi there madonnajean. Thank you for introducing yourself. I do hope to find a midwife if that becomes necessary. I have 2 boys now. Jacob 12 and Seth 10. We do want more but only if God wills it for us. I have had 2 hospital births and they were ok but now that I look back after coming to the knowledge of the problems with hospitals .. It was sort of traumatic. Epidurals. Pain medication. The vaccinations. The push for formula. They use fear to push their wicked agenda. I have had repentance over the damage I may have brought upon my children. Of course I was ignorant of this wicked agenda of theirs but it still broke me after I listened to the facts on VACCINATIONS.  Who knows what those things did to my children. By the grace of God they turned out to be ok so far. Praying The a healthy diet helps them to grow smart and strong. I am so glad we decided to homeschool. They both was in public school. But even as a lost person I knew the junk they was teaching had to be eradicated. Now I am learning something new everyday alongside our boys.

Timothy I was thinking of Ellie joining as well. Her coming to Christ paralled with me so much. She and I are both new to this and it's nice to have someone new along with me so that we could learn together.