Author Topic: My name is Heather Taylor  (Read 10585 times)

Ellie

• Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Elissa
  • Belief: Christian
Re: My name is Heather Taylor
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2020, 06:22:52 AM »
Timothy, thanks for linking that! I have seen it, I haven't yet reached 20 posts so I was thinking to abide by those rules before making the 'jump' to asking to join. I completely understand and welcome the reasoning for it. I want to be righteously judged for my posts because I want to know if there is anything I am demonstrating that might reveal something about me that I may not see.

Timothy I was thinking of Ellie joining as well. Her coming to Christ paralled with me so much. She and I are both new to this and it's nice to have someone new along with me so that we could learn together.
Heather, I appreciate that. I have been very excited to talk to you on here since you're also new.

I appreciate and am thankful to God for the kind welcome from everyone and since it's come up again I guess I should be more forthcoming and say that yes I am interested in joining the church after I've abided by those rules. :) I want to hopefully make some good and edifying contributions to the forum but I have hesitated a bit because it seems that what I might have to say is more basic and possibly already known by more experienced eyes on here... Maybe I am overthinking it, though.
"Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better." (Ecclesiastes 7:3)

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2020, 06:51:38 AM »
Ellie, everything you have said so far has been very edifying for all of us, and I look forward to having you join us, too! Don't worry about being repetitive, especially when it comes to posting Scripture. Repetition helps us all to retain knowledge better. I know you have mainly been talking to Heather with your posts, but everything you have said so far are things we all need to hear.

So hurry up and get those last few posts done already!  ;D

stevesams

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 18
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Steve
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2020, 08:15:25 AM »
Solid testimony

I recommend she become a member of the church

Ellie

• Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Elissa
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2020, 04:22:48 PM »
Jeanne, I am glad about that. I know that anything I have been able to contribute is only because of God's grace towards me. I am excited to learn more. And okay, that is good to know! I appreciate repetition too so that does make sense. :)

---

And thanks, Steve! All the glory to God for saving me and giving me that testimony.
"Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better." (Ecclesiastes 7:3)

heathertaylor

• Born Again Christians
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 63
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Heather
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2020, 06:40:44 PM »
Ellie
 I just seen your comment earlier on page 2. I don't know how i missed that but I received the scripture you sent me pertaining to my husband. Thank you for that. That was just what I needed to hear.
2 Peter 3:9 - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

theAXEisLAID

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 11
    • View Profile
  • First Name: David
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2020, 01:49:42 PM »
I thought if I was kind to people and respected their beliefs that I was paving my road of kindness to Heaven.

Heather thank you for posting your in-depth intro, I rejoiced as I watched it unfold.  I want to share something about the above sentence you wrote because it has helped me.  I have used it more than a few times already when rebuking others or discussing the things of God with them.  The way you worded it is a good take on many caught up in churchanity.  I have family members who think this exact way.  Not always, but many times that kindness will dissipate when challenging their beliefs or most especially when rebuking their sin.

Proverbs 27:6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.
And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Matthew 3:10 KJV

heathertaylor

• Born Again Christians
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 63
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Heather
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2020, 02:44:59 PM »
David
      I am glad that the phrase has helped.
      This sinful flesh wars within me daily,I want to bring my flesh into subjection to His Holy Spirit, that guides me into righteousness and a right relationship with my Heavenly Father. I want to make sure I am right with God before there is any correction of others. I have been struggling to make sure I am not casting proud looks, and I have been opening my mouth saying things I think is ok but then realizing maybe I should have had more compassion with my spouse or others and I am warring daily against this and it makes me so mad at myself for falling short. May the words I speak be the words of my Heavenly Father and may my actions be as the actions and words of Christ. It is a 'tall' order but with he guidance of the Holy Spirit and the daily repentance, it truly helps keep things in order and correct. Praying for our family members who think they are saved but are being deceived by the lies of satan. Have a good day David.

Some good scriptures:
Proverbs 27:5-7
5 Open rebuke is better than secret love.
6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.
7 The full soul loatheth an honeycomb; but to the hungry soul every bitter thing is sweet.

1 John 1:9
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Matthew 7:6
6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

If these Scriptures are used out of context please correct me. It seems as though they could be applied to the situation?
2 Peter 3:9 - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.