Author Topic: Emotional Rage to Defend 501c3 Organizations (Leslie Augur)  (Read 13772 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Emotional Rage to Defend 501c3 Organizations (Leslie Augur)
« on: September 29, 2019, 01:07:04 AM »

LESLIE FROM MISSOURI:

Just curious, is there anyone who knows more than you and who is right, besides you. I have never seen an ego as big as yours since Jim Jones and I will tell you you are dead wrong about the reason for incorporating a church, it has almost nothing to do with taxes and everything to do with liability.
When a group incorporates it creates a legal entity that is liable and limits potential lawsuits from personal injury attorneys to the assets of the corporation and not the individuals whose names make up the board because it is the corporation that owns the assets that can be the bases for a suit. A corporation is legally treated like a living breathing person.
Furthermore, NO ONE except the board members and the bylaws controls that entity, you imply that the Government has control, it does not! There are carpet baggers within the Government that would have you believe they can exert control by threatening to remove said tax-exempt status but a well-educated board would laugh at such a threat.
In everything, I have read and listened to from you, I am amazed that any Bible reading, Spirit-filled person could possibly believe the tripe you are espousing. Perhaps you are doing Jesus a service by removing the benchwarmers from the real churches midst, we want them there because we hope that the Spirit will open their heart and they will become a true follower of Christ but you just wish to stop that possibility. May God have mercy on you.

Just curious, is there anyone who knows more than you and who is right, besides you.
Yes. Although, I getting the impression from this sentence that between the two of us, you believe you're the one who knows more and is right, and I'm just some young dumb kid.

I have never seen an ego as big as yours since Jim Jones and I will tell you you are dead wrong about the reason for incorporating a church, it has almost nothing to do with taxes and everything to do with liability.
Ego is an invention of Sigmund Freud and does not exist. You can learn more about that here:
Psychology: Hoodwinked by the Devil
So basically, you're just angry about the 501c3 stuff, right? I hope there's something substantial in your letter, like evidence or research of some kind. I haven't finished reading it yet, but from how short it is, it doesn't look like you're here to discuss facts.

When a group incorporates it creates a legal entity that is liable and limits potential lawsuits from personal injury attorneys to the assets of the corporation and not the individuals whose names make up the board because it is the corporation that owns the assets that can be the bases for a suit. A corporation is legally treated like a living breathing person.
That statement is mostly true, and that's what I teach, and therefore, it shows me that you didn't even bother to find out what it is I'm teaching, did you? Are you going to waste my time by answering the matter before you've heard it first?
He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.
-Pro 18:13

Furthermore, NO ONE except the board members and the bylaws controls that entity, you imply that the Government has control, it does not!
Again, I don't believe you bothered to read the book, and since I'm not done with the audio series yet, I know you didn't listen to them because I'm only about halfway through recording the series. Since you are unaware of what I teach, here's where you can find the information:
501c3: The Devil's Church
Just insisting "it does not!" does not refute the evidence I presented. Such conversations devolve into a childish battle of "Yes, it is," "No, it isn't," "Yes, it is," "No, it isn't," etc. I don't have time for that. Thus, all you're doing in this letter is emotionally whining, and not reasoning the matter out together with me.

At least be upfront with me, don't beat around the bush: You had no intention of having a discussion with me when you wrote this letter. You just wanted an outlet for your anger. However, the only thing you accomplished in your letter is proving to me that your understanding is still somewhat limited on this matter, and am still hoping you might reveal why you're defending this in your rage and ignorance. You're obviously not tempered, one of the fruits of the Spirit of God (Gal 5:22-23), and I'm trying to deduce your hidden reasoning from your very short email; typically, I get letters like this often from people trying to justify their church building or pastor.

There are carpet baggers within the Government that would have you believe they can exert control by threatening to remove said tax-exempt status but a well-educated board would laugh at such a threat.
And the IRS would laugh at your uneducated email. Look, I've quoted from lawyers, judges, and IRS agents, who are trying to explain to churchgoers the same thing that I am trying to explain to them as well, and I've given real-life examples in my book; all you have in response is your personal opinion. I apologize if somewhere on the website you got the wrong impression, but I don't want to waste your time, so I'll be straight-forward: I don't care about your emotional outbursts and personal opinions. I care about facts. I hope that helps clarify my position.

In everything, I have read and listened to from you, I am amazed that any Bible reading, Spirit-filled person could possibly believe the tripe you are espousing.
I don't believe you've listened to much at all. I think that's just a line you threw in to try and give yourself credibility because if you had actually looked into what I teach, you would know that I agree with much of what you said about corporations. The problem is your ignorance of carte blanche privilege, what tax exemption is, how it affects citizens, U.S. history behind corporations and 501c3, and of course, the military's involvement through FEMA and executive orders. But again, I can't reason with an unreasonable person.

Perhaps you are doing Jesus a service by removing the benchwarmers from the real churches midst, we want them there because we hope that the Spirit will open their heart and they will become a true follower of Christ but you just wish to stop that possibility. May God have mercy on you.
Ah, thank you; that's what I was looking for. That helped me deduce that you are trying to defend a pastor or church-ianity organization (maybe more than one); that's why you're so angry. That last line gave me all the information I needed to figure that out. If you want to know how I figured it out, just ask me and I'll explain it, but I don't want to waste my time explaining it to someone who does not care and will not hear.

I have a sister named Leslie, and therefore, I tend to automatically think that people named "Leslie" are females, but I think I found you on Facebook, and that's how I found out that you are male. Am I correct? After looking at your page, seeing how many worldly and wicked things you have posted, in addition to the false teachers that you promote on your profile, I wonder if you have ever come to repentance (i.e. grief and godly sorrow of wrongdoing)? If you are ever brought low, and you decide you want to see the real Gospel of Jesus Christ, read this; it's a short book that's free to read on the website:
Why Millions of Believers on Jesus Are Going to Hell
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
-Mat 7:21-23

I don't want to make any assumptions about you, because I have no idea who you are and I have never spoken to you before as far as I know, but if you walk up to people you have never met and talk to them face-to-face like you just wrote me, you must be a horrible person to be around. From the start, you have already associated me with Jim Jones (without evidence of your accusation), claimed I am prideful and arrogant (which is your comment about "ego"), claimed my teachings are "tripe" (which I had to go look up because I didn't know what that meant), and that I'm preventing people from converting to Jesus Christ. Such a person is what the Bible calls a railer, which is one who claims to be of Christ, but resorts to evil words, curses, and name-calling without reason. God says they are wicked in their hearts, and we are to sanctify (i.e. separate) ourselves from them:
But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat... Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.
-1Co 5:11-13

I pray the Lord Jesus Christ would bless you and your family with all your needs throughout the coming week, which is how the Bible says we should speak with railers:
Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
-1Pe 3:9

Peace to you and your household; have a wonderful day, and I also pray the Lord Jesus Christ would give you the same mercy and longsuffering He has given me.

END OF EXCHANGE

So how did I know that he wrote me because he was furious that what I taught was exposing the truth about his favorite preachers? Look at his last line one more time:
Perhaps you are doing Jesus a service by removing the benchwarmers from the real churches midst, we want them there because we hope that the Spirit will open their heart and they will become a true follower of Christ but you just wish to stop that possibility.
Those of you who have listened to my teachings for a long time know that I am not trying to "remove benchwarmers from churches." I don't care that benchwarmers are sitting in church buildings; I care about the truth of God's Word, and hate that they will not be able to hear it from leavened preachers. His words not only demonstrate his ignorance of what I teach, but there is another point to that, and it shows us that he does not believe in false converts as Jesus taught it. He believes that there is only a few random false converts here or there among the 501c3 church buildings that he personally approves of, but he does not believe there are MANY false converts and false preachers, as Christ taught us. I found out the guy is a truck driver, so he spends a lot of his time on the road, likely listening to various preachers. (including, but not limited to, Ken Ham and Joel Osteen, as I found on his Facebook profile) Therefore, he loves his leavened, false preachers, and my book on 501c3 proved they were corrupt, so instead, he believes that including false converts in the church (which the church is supposed to be guarding itself against) will one day convert them to truly believing on Jesus. Thus, faith that false converts will convert to be true converts as long as they remain coming 501c3 church buildings; that is his hope, but if what I teach is true, then it destroys his preconceived religious notion.

In short, I teach that his 501c3 preachers are not ignorant, but rather, corrupt. Therefore, he needs to make me into a scapegoat to justify his presupposition that those leavened preachers are not corrupt.

This man's letter was no different than a baby throwing a tantrum, but because he did not give any details of the true purpose he was writing me (because people who write me often skulk in the darkness), we don't know for sure if this guy is fan of Greg Dixon, and he was angered by my teaching exposing Dixon's wicked deeds. And once again, when I looked over the man's Facebook profile, he had posts with messages that contained all sorts of cussing in them, nothing about Scripture, nothing about doctrine, a bunch of political news garbage, and stuff about aliens. Thus, he is a part of the conspiracy so-called "ministries," and once again, it shows us how much those so-called "ministries" corrupt these people, and why we should stay away from them.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 10:23:55 AM by creationliberty »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
Re: Emotional Rage to Defend 501c3 Organizations
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 04:54:22 AM »
Tripe is expensive to buy ??? 

Being careful with money I tend to buy cheaper meat such as lamb, beef and chicken.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 07:27:33 AM »
Isn't that intestines of some animal anyway? No, thanks!

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 09:04:44 AM »
Yes, tripe is apart of the intestines. It's one of the juicy yet disgusting things to eat and yes it is incredibly expensive to get one's hands-on. In other words, your articles are in high demand and are of incredible quality despite coming from a place with a yuck factor. That being from the Bible and from the look of it, Leslie considered your articles to be disgusting but in high demand for those that want them.
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2019, 09:18:05 AM »
Wow.  Not just the fact they disagreed with something they are not educated on, but the rage!  However, people get like that about all sorts of sin or things that lead to sin.  I should not be surprised.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2019, 01:00:10 PM »
I don't get it.
If they see Chris as someone who doesn't know what he is talking about, then why would they take the time to write him without EVER pointing to specific errors they believe Chris has made?
Chris doesn't have some huge threatening following. He not stealing hoards, if any, sheep from them. I'm sure that megachurches have families come and go all the time for lots of reasons.  These people don't even read his material, not enough to speak of anyway.
Yet, they get so upset and they take the time write him an email that makes them look stupid.
When Chris writes one of his point by point logical responses, oftentimes with way more grace than they deserve (in my opinion), they either ignore it or they respond with another email that makes them look even MORE STUPIDER.
When they get all bent out of shape at something an "ignorant nobody" like Chris writes in his " blog" why don't they just put on their favorite Chris Tomlin album and go back to their Happy Place?

The only thing I can guess is that some of what Chris is teaching is getting through to them, as little as it might be, and they HATE it, so they go on the attack in order to justify themselves.

I guess I'm writing this to help me think this through.
A similar thing happens on the street and I want to understand it the best I can so I can respond to these people in the most beneficial way for them, Lord willing.

If anyone knows other reasons that people act this way please let me know.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 01:03:00 PM by Kenneth Winslow »
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2019, 03:00:18 PM »
I don't get it.
If they see Chris as someone who doesn't know what he is talking about, then why would they take the time to write him without EVER pointing to specific errors they believe Chris has made?
Chris doesn't have some huge threatening following. He not stealing hoards, if any, sheep from them. I'm sure that megachurches have families come and go all the time for lots of reasons.  These people don't even read his material, not enough to speak of anyway.
Yet, they get so upset and they take the time write him an email that makes them look stupid.
When Chris writes one of his point by point logical responses, oftentimes with way more grace than they deserve (in my opinion), they either ignore it or they respond with another email that makes them look even MORE STUPIDER.
When they get all bent out of shape at something an "ignorant nobody" like Chris writes in his " blog" why don't they just put on their favorite Chris Tomlin album and go back to their Happy Place?

The only thing I can guess is that some of what Chris is teaching is getting through to them, as little as it might be, and they HATE it, so they go on the attack in order to justify themselves.

I guess I'm writing this to help me think this through.
A similar thing happens on the street and I want to understand it the best I can so I can respond to these people in the most beneficial way for them, Lord willing.

If anyone knows other reasons that people act this way please let me know.

I see it as being quite simple in that they don't have a love for the truth nor did they come to Christ with a repentant heart and a contrite spirit.  If they had truly come to Christ then they would have been eager to read and devour the word of God and seeking truth and they would have continued to grow.  As a part of that growth they would have been creating great chasms between themselves and the regular church goers as the doctrinal and life experience didn't match with theirs.  If they were of Christ, when they came across Chris' teaching it would have been refreshing and life giving to them.

None of that happened because they are not of Christ.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Jackie

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2019, 04:21:02 PM »
Quote from: creationliberty link=topic=868.msg7090#msg7090{

I have never seen an ego as big as yours since Jim Jones and I will tell you you are dead wrong about the reason for incorporating a church, it has almost nothing to do with taxes and everything to do with liability.
Ego is an invention of Sigmund Freud and does not exist. You can learn more about that here:

Chris, I am going  to be upfront with you here and get to my point. Taking a single word that someone has said and using it to more or less dismantle their argument, make them look like an ignorant idiot, or make you look better than they are is a foolish debate or discussion move. It comes across as exceedingly arrogant, lazy, prideful, and childish. It turns off hope of rational discussion. I am certain you just did not  like his choice of the word ego and wanted to show to him your distaste for any association with Sigmund Freud (I am not here to challenge your opinion of Freud. Just pointing out an observation). It comes off like you think you are a know it all when you make statements like that and then link your own article as a reference.

Also the word ego generally just means the following: I or self. In modern definitions it means ones sense of oneself.

The psychoanalytic definition that Freud gave it is this: the part of the mind that mediates between the conscious and the unconscious and is responsible for reality testing and a sense of personal identity. Now certainly this definition is similar to the way that Leslie was trying to use this word. He was using the word to mean that you held yourself in a prideful view. But view of oneself is not the all encompassing psychoanalytic meaning of the term ego. It is much more than that as I am sure you know.

By the way, interestingly Freud used the word Ich, which is Austrian/German for I. It was a translator who selected the Latin word ego. I wonder if you would have had the same reaction if Leslie had said he had never seen a person with as big a sense of I (or myself) as you. Surely you would not say that a persons opinion of themselves does not exist, at the least.

I may sound sharp in my reply, but I am not trying to be rude. I just want to be to the point since you seem to respond best to that.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2019, 05:16:09 PM »
Chris, I am going  to be upfront with you here and get to my point. Taking a single word that someone has said and using it to more or less dismantle their argument, make them look like an ignorant idiot, or make you look better than they are is a foolish debate or discussion move.
Jackie, I'm going to be upfront with you here and say that I've been expecting this from you for a while now. I just could not know if this was going to happen here, or if you were going to leave and just not come back to discuss anything with us. I know your irritation has been growing since you've been here because many of things that I teach go against some of the philosophies you've adopted from the world. So let's make sure we preface that fact before we continue this discussion.

It comes across as exceedingly arrogant, lazy, prideful, and childish. It turns off hope of rational discussion. I am certain you just did not  like his choice of the word ego and wanted to show to him your distaste for any association with Sigmund Freud (I am not here to challenge your opinion of Freud. Just pointing out an observation). It comes off like you think you are a know it all when you make statements like that and then link your own article as a reference.
Jackie, ego doesn't exist, no matter how much you want to imply that it does. What you're asking me to do is just assume what Leslie wanted to convey to me, especially with a word that represents something that does not exist. This is not an "opinion about Freud," but you would like to believe that's just my opinion, so you can justify what you're doing with your life, instead of making a sacrifice for the Lord Jesus Christ. My intention was to be silent on this matter with you, and just be patient and wait, but when you're going to jump up like this and offer a rebuke based on your personal feelings about the corrupt psychology of the Devil, which you study on a regular basis, in which you are actually responding to this thread in selfishness, trying to justify yourself, rather than edify or correct anyone for their sakes, then I'm going to have to rebuke you too.

Also the word ego generally just means the following: I or self. In modern definitions it means ones sense of oneself.
To be aware of oneself is called consciousness. Ego does not exist, and the application of the concept in psychology does nothing but cover up the sins of wicked people, and all you are doing is repeating the corrupt education you are taking in from the university you attend to get your masters in psychology. Furthermore, an ego is meant to be a sense of self-importance, which is pride (i.e. sin), not some made-up term presented by Freud. You're here among Christians, not in a worldly college filled with false doctrines and corruptions, so please come here with understanding of God's Word, not with the rudiments (i.e. principles) of the world.
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
-Col 2:8

The psychoanalytic definition that Freud gave it is this: the part of the mind that mediates between the conscious and the unconscious and is responsible for reality testing and a sense of personal identity. Now certainly this definition is similar to the way that Leslie was trying to use this word. He was using the word to mean that you held yourself in a prideful view. But view of oneself is not the all encompassing psychoanalytic meaning of the term ego. It is much more than that as I am sure you know.
The unconscious mind does not exist Jackie. You simply believe that it does because you have to. You do not believe the Scripture on these matters because you have to turn to the world to get their education about things that they cannot understand. When you said "now certainly this definition is similar to the way that Leslies was trying to use the word," is YOUR ASSUMPTION of what Leslie was talking about. That means, you're ASSUMING what you want it to mean, instead of getting him to explain it in his own words. That is the definition of arrogance because arrogance begins with presumption, and through your presumption, you are defending a railer who had no interest in discussion in the first place, and likely did not even read my response to him; you are now speaking on his behalf, and it's only for the sake of your pride in the profession you chose because you poured so much money into it, and sacrificing that money and time for the sake of Christ is too high of a price, isn't it? It's no wonder you need me to seem "exceedingly arrogant, lazy, prideful, and childish," because it makes you feel better about yourself and the corrupt path you have chosen for your education and career.

By the way, interestingly Freud used the word Ich, which is Austrian/German for I. It was a translator who selected the Latin word ego. I wonder if you would have had the same reaction if Leslie had said he had never seen a person with as big a sense of I (or myself) as you. Surely you would not say that a persons opinion of themselves does not exist, at the least.
That's very interesting Jackie, because I have recently been accused of being "exceedingly arrogant, lazy, prideful, and childish," because that same person told me that I was, "Taking a single word that someone has said and using it to more or less dismantle their argument, make them look like an ignorant idiot, or make you look better than they are," and I was also told that it was "a foolish debate or discussion move." Does that sound familiar?
For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
-Mat 7:2-5

I may sound sharp in my reply, but I am not trying to be rude. I just want to be to the point since you seem to respond best to that.
I certainly do, and appreciate that. I also may sound sharp in my reply, but I am not trying to be rude. I just want to be to the point that you might be sound in the faith in Christ:
Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.
-1Ti 5:20
This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;
-Tts 1:13

The entirety of Leslie's letter was not about the link I gave him on psychology, but rather, it was about the topic incorporating, which is a topic you never mentioned once in your reply. I only corrected him on that because I could not fully discern what he was trying to allude to, and he is the one responsible for the words he uses, not you. The fact that you took that one sentence, and harped on that in your entire response, revealed your heart on this matter:
But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
-Mat 15:18
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
-Mat 12:36

I know what you're trying to justify, and if an idiot like me can figure it out, you better believe God knows it intimately. You will not be able to hide it when you stand before Him:
There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
-Pro 14:12
And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.
-Luke 16:15

You cannot serve God and serve the Devil's psychological field at the same time. You have to choose one. Lukewarmness is nothing more than departing from God.
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple. For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?... So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.
-Luke 14:26-33
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2019, 05:19:03 PM »
It's great to hear you say that, but I still don't think I'm being graceful enough. That's why proof-read so much, to make sure I'm being graceful, yet firm in rebuke and correct, that they might see their error and humble themselves in repentance before God.

Heh heh...

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2019, 06:36:40 PM »
I might be wrong here but wont study of psychology in college one must first throw out the bible?

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2019, 11:05:17 PM »
That's pretty much right on point, Billy. The two are so diametrically opposed that they cannot exist in the same space without an extreme case of cognitive dissonance.

Jackie

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2019, 11:09:12 PM »
Chris, I am going  to be upfront with you here and get to my point. Taking a single word that someone has said and using it to more or less dismantle their argument, make them look like an ignorant idiot, or make you look better than they are is a foolish debate or discussion move.
Jackie, I'm going to be upfront with you here and say that I've been expecting this from you for a while now. I just could not know if this was going to happen here, or if you were going to leave and just not come back to discuss anything with us. I know your irritation has been growing since you've been here because many of things that I teach go against some of the philosophies you've adopted from the world. So let's make sure we preface that fact before we continue this discussion.

I am sure you have been expecting it. I sure hope you have, as this is a forum, and that is what forums are for. Discussions, even over disagreements. Not just agreeing completely on everything, especially where the Bible is silent or vague. But I'm not here to discuss every disagreement we have. I'm not even here to discuss the disagreements we have regarding psychology, and I think if you take a look at my post and what I specifically said, you will see that.

It comes across as exceedingly arrogant, lazy, prideful, and childish. It turns off hope of rational discussion. I am certain you just did not  like his choice of the word ego and wanted to show to him your distaste for any association with Sigmund Freud (I am not here to challenge your opinion of Freud. Just pointing out an observation). It comes off like you think you are a know it all when you make statements like that and then link your own article as a reference.
Jackie, ego doesn't exist, no matter how much you want to imply that it does.

I never said it did. I'm not here to argue the existence of any psychological theory. I mentioned how that term is understood in psychoanalytics to get you to see that that probably isn't what Leslie meant when he said "ego".

Allow me to reinsert exactly what I said here:

"The psychoanalytic definition that Freud gave it is this: the part of the mind that mediates between the conscious and the unconscious and is responsible for reality testing and a sense of personal identity. Now certainly this definition is similar to the way that Leslie was trying to use this word. He was using the word to mean that you held yourself in a prideful view. But view of oneself is not the all encompassing psychoanalytic meaning of the term ego. It is much more than that as I am sure you know."

I was trying to just state the psychoanalytic definition of that term. That's all. You can assume that just because I study psychology that I subscribe to Freud's theory of the "Id", the "ego", and the "superego." This is an incorrect assumption. As a believer in what God says about these things, I couldn't even if I wanted to (and I don't). I reject many of Freud's theories in general because they don't line up with Scripture. You'd have to read into what I said to think that I was advocating for the existence of an ego as Freud defines it.

What you're asking me to do is just assume what Leslie wanted to convey to me, especially with a word that represents something that does not exist. This is not an "opinion about Freud," but you would like to believe that's just my opinion, so you can justify what you're doing with your life, instead of making a sacrifice for the Lord Jesus Christ. My intention was to be silent on this matter with you, and just be patient and wait, but when you're going to jump up like this and offer a rebuke based on your personal feelings about the corrupt psychology of the Devil, which you study on a regular basis, in which you are actually responding to this thread in selfishness, trying to justify yourself, rather than edify or correct anyone for their sakes, then I'm going to have to rebuke you too.

Again, you're making incorrect assumptions about my motives. I'll admit I was reluctant to say anything in the first place, as I knew you would jump straight onto the fact that I study psychology, and that would impede the effectiveness of an honest critique. Honestly, though, it didn't matter to me what word it was that you decided to focus on. I would've done the same thing. I've been criticized for doing the same thing in my personal life in my discussions with people. I've found people to be much more receptive to what I say if I don't nitpick words, especially if doing that would detract from the overall subject.

To be aware of oneself is called consciousness. Ego does not exist, and the application of the concept in psychology does nothing but cover up the sins of wicked people, and all you are doing is repeating the corrupt education you are taking in from the university you attend to get your masters in psychology.

[/quote]

Again, I'm not arguing for the existence of the ego. I'm well aware that people utilize this theory and similar theories to justify sin some of the time. All I did was define the term to point out how Leslie was likely not utilizing it. Never said it was something that's true or that existed. I am sorry if I did not make that clear, or if I implied that in any way. It's like when people say "Good luck". Yes, luck doesn't exist. Yes, the concept of luck is wicked in origin and in actual application. No, the person who says that phrase is not always a practitioner of a religion or philosophy that believes in luck. Yes, it is sometimes a good idea to correct that person. But not always. And it might not be a good idea to correct that person when they are already in an emotionally charged discussion with you. That's where it looks like arrogance (and I am not saying you are being arrogant. I'm just stating how it may be perceived). Think about it. You likely know what they meant when they said that phrase. If the topic that you're discussing overall has nothing to do with that phrase, and correcting them on that phrase would lead to nothing productive, why do it, in that instance? There's a time and place.

Furthermore, an ego is meant to be a sense of self-importance, which is pride (i.e. sin), not some made-up term presented by Freud.

I will agree that the term "ego" in the way it was used in the original e-mail was a term used in place of the word "pride". I'm not here to judge if that was a good word to use or not. Again, I'm not arguing if the term Freud made is an actual thing or not. I just provided a definition.

You're here among Christians, not in a worldly college filled with false doctrines and corruptions, so please come here with understanding of God's Word, not with the rudiments (i.e. principles) of the world.
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
-Col 2:8

You have made the incorrect assumption that I've come to justify psychology (and Freud in particular). Again, that is not the case. I apologize if I gave any indication of that. Please do not dismiss what I have to say because of an incorrect assumption. I'm not saying that you are rejecting my whole point because of this. But you are, in fact, creating a straw man fallacy, and making it as though I have said things that I have not said.

Yes, I do study psychology and think there is biblical justification for some of it. But I do not wish to engage in discussion on that matter at the moment. I'm just admitting that I do think there is biblical justification for your sake, so that you won't think I'm trying to hide something.

The unconscious mind does not exist Jackie. You simply believe that it does because you have to. You do not believe the Scripture on these matters because you have to turn to the world to get their education about things that they cannot understand.

I wasn't arguing for the existence of the unconscious mind. Not all psychologists or students of psychology believe it does. In fact, there are whole theories, subjects, groups, or schools of thought that reject that idea. Perhaps it is a little too bold to make an incorrect wide brush statement like that.

When you said "now certainly this definition is similar to the way that Leslies was trying to use the word," is YOUR ASSUMPTION of what Leslie was talking about. That means, you're ASSUMING what you want it to mean, instead of getting him to explain it in his own words. That is the definition of arrogance because arrogance begins with presumption, and through your presumption, you are defending a railer who had no interest in discussion in the first place, and likely did not even read my response to him

[/quote]

You are perhaps correct. I may have presumed prematurely what Leslie meant. I did assume that what he meant was "arrogant" or "prideful". But so did you when you said near the end of the post "claimed I am prideful and arrogant (which is your comment about "ego")". You also did not ask him what he meant by his words. So why is it that I must? I may be in the wrong for making an assumption without asking. But if I am, so are you.

Also, while I understand that you think I wish to defend him. But I fail to see how giving you a critique on how to better communicate with people instead of completely and quickly shutting off rationality and meaningful discussion automatically means I'm defending Leslie.

you are now speaking on his behalf, and it's only for the sake of your pride in the profession you chose because you poured so much money into it, and sacrificing that money and time for the sake of Christ is too high of a price, isn't it? It's no wonder you need me to seem "exceedingly arrogant, lazy, prideful, and childish," because it makes you feel better about yourself and the corrupt path you have chosen for your education and career.

I'm sorry if it seemed like I was accusing you of being exceedingly arrogant, lazy, prideful, and childish. I'm sure you were insulted by that, and I'm sorry (because I wasn't trying to do that). Not my intention, nor what I was trying to say. I simply said, and meant, that when you do something like that, that is how it comes across. And again, that comes from critiques I've gotten when I have done something similar. But if you want to assume that I'm trying to justify my future profession (of which you have no idea what I plan to do with my degree. You just assume I'm going into counseling. But just as not all medical students become general practitioners, not all psychology students go into counseling), you can. It sounds a little hypocritical, though, when you accuse me of assuming without knowing all the facts.

sacrificing that money and time for the sake of Christ is too high of a price

I understand your heart in using harsh phrasing. I appreciate that you want me sound in the faith. But in all honesty, you don't know me. Again, I don't want to discuss my views on the field or biblical justification for it. But I just wanted to remind you that you do not know me at all. Granted, perhaps you've dialogued with enough people that you think you can accurately profile someone. But it's not quite fair to do that before you have all the facts. Nor is it wise. Still, I will ponder what you have said there, as I should with all rebuke.

That's very interesting Jackie, because I have recently been accused of being "exceedingly arrogant, lazy, prideful, and childish," because that same person told me that I was, "Taking a single word that someone has said and using it to more or less dismantle their argument, make them look like an ignorant idiot, or make you look better than they are," and I was also told that it was "a foolish debate or discussion move." Does that sound familiar?

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
-Mat 7:2-5

Fair enough point. I do sound a little hypocritical here. Not trying to justify what I said in that quote, but I hope I can clarify a bit. I was trying to emphasize the point that the word "ego" doesn't automatically have to be talking about or have any associations with Freud's use of it. Using that word to be synonymous with "pride" or "arrogance" may not warrant rebuke. I tried to do that by showing that the original word Freud used was the Austrian/German word for "I", which is "Ich" (since Freud didn't speak English naturally and he chose not to use the Latin).

I certainly do, and appreciate that. I also may sound sharp in my reply, but I am not trying to be rude. I just want to be to the point that you might be sound in the faith in Christ:
Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.
-1Ti 5:20
This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;
-Tts 1:13

[/quote]

I appreciate your rebuke, too. Not sure if my application of Proverbs 27:6 is correct. But I do think it is useful to remind us how useful rebuke is.

Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.

The entirety of Leslie's letter was not about the link I gave him on psychology, but rather, it was about the topic incorporating, which is a topic you never mentioned once in your reply.

Since I read the entire exchange, I know fully what the topic of discussion was. I saw no point in mentioning it in my reply, since that's not what I was talking about. It would have been superfluous. I don't know if you were expecting me to just agree with your side of the exchange and be on my merry way. Perhaps you were just expecting an opinion of any kind from me on the matter. Perhaps you weren't expecting a critique (which is fine. I mean, being critiqued, even in a hopefully charitable and gracious, if frank, way is no fun).

I only corrected him on that because I could not fully discern what he was trying to allude to

You did eventually seem to come to a conclusion. It seems you and I reached the same one about how he used that word based on the entirety of what he said, though I may be wrong and am open to correction.

and he is the one responsible for the words he uses, not you. The fact that you took that one sentence, and harped on that in your entire response, revealed your heart on this matter:
But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
-Mat 15:18
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
-Mat 12:36

Clearly my heart wasn't revealed if you came to the wrong conclusion. Picking out words or phrases that have nothing to do with the topic and correcting the person on that is something I have seen you and others here do quite a bit. Yes, I may have decided to finally say what's on my mind regarding that over this word. Yes, part of that may be because I am familiar with Freud's work and his use of the word versus how it is generally used in colloquial speech. I fully admit that. That, however, does not mean I am trying to justify Freud, the ego, the unconscious, psychology, or anything related in this case. It also does not mean that I am trying to justify Leslie or myself. That is what we call reading into things. I hope that I have not done the same to you, and I apologize if I have. I am trying not to.

I know what you're trying to justify, and if an idiot like me can figure it out, you better believe God knows it intimately. You will not be able to hide it when you stand before Him:
There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
-Pro 14:12
And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.
-Luke 16:15

You're right. I won't be able to hide any deceit in my heart from God. That is not the case here, thankfully.

You cannot serve God and serve the Devil's psychological field at the same time. You have to choose one. Lukewarmness is nothing more than departing from God.
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple. For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?... So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.
-Luke 14:26-33

I hear you on this, but I'm not having that discussion with you right now, as I have said repeatedly. Just want to let you see that I'm not ignoring that last part. I appreciate your thoughts on lukewarmness.

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2019, 11:44:16 PM »
Jackie, you don't seem to see the reasons for picking up on something that is apparently insignificant to you and rebuking it, so let me give you an analogy. I listen to Dan Bongino from time to time; he was a police officer in New York before going on to become a Secret Service agent. He tells the story of how the police chief would yell and scream at someone for wasting time picking up a kid smoking weed on the street corner instead of going after 'real criminals.' He said that what the chief didn't realise is that if that kid wasn't dealt with right then and there, he would most likely BECOME one of the 'real criminals.'

Parents need to learn to discipline their children early if they want to instill good habits and a sense of morality in them, and that's what we do here. Little things are dealt with immediately so that they don't blow up into big things later. If a parent doesn't deal with little things when their children are small, then the cops will later. The same is true of doctrinal issues here on the forum. We've had a lot of experience with letting little things go and then the problems just become bigger and bigger over time until the person either leaves or we end up having to kick a railer out for refusing to see their error.

I have NO idea how you can see ANY type of Biblical justification for continuing to study a field that was conceived in atheism and the denial of such a thing as the soul or the spirit, but I guess that's between you and God. I hope you read the book Chris wrote.

Jackie

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2019, 12:06:10 AM »
Jackie, you don't seem to see the reasons for picking up on something that is apparently insignificant to you and rebuking it, so let me give you an analogy. I listen to Dan Bongino from time to time; he was a police officer in New York before going on to become a Secret Service agent. He tells the story of how the police chief would yell and scream at someone for wasting time picking up a kid smoking weed on the street corner instead of going after 'real criminals.' He said that what the chief didn't realise is that if that kid wasn't dealt with right then and there, he would most likely BECOME one of the 'real criminals.'

Parents need to learn to discipline their children early if they want to instill good habits and a sense of morality in them, and that's what we do here. Little things are dealt with immediately so that they don't blow up into big things later. If a parent doesn't deal with little things when their children are small, then the cops will later. The same is true of doctrinal issues here on the forum. We've had a lot of experience with letting little things go and then the problems just become bigger and bigger over time until the person either leaves or we end up having to kick a railer out for refusing to see their error.

Your point of view makes sense. However, it still comes across as arrogant and an insult to the other person's intelligence when you nitpick on one little thing that has little to do with the rest of the topic at hand. Yes, there are times to nip things in the bud. But you must use wisdom when doing so. And when doing something like that runs the huge risk of that person just completely shutting off from you and destroys the chance of rational discussion, correcting them there may not be the wisest choice. I'm not saying don't correct people on little issues. I'm just saying that now isn't always the right time to do so.

Parents also need to learn when to pick their battles. When a child is throwing a tantrum and spills their drink purposefully in the process, is it better to focus on stopping the tantrum or to yell at them for spilling their drink, even if on purpose? That might vary case by case, but sometimes it is wiser to correct the bigger problem at hand, then address the smaller stuff. Especially when discussing with adults, which is what Chris is doing.

I have NO idea how you can see ANY type of Biblical justification for continuing to study a field that was conceived in atheism and the denial of such a thing as the soul or the spirit, but I guess that's between you and God. I hope you read the book Chris wrote.

I did read his book, and I plan to do so again.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2019, 12:47:20 AM »
Picking out words or phrases that have nothing to do with the topic and correcting the person on that is something I have seen you and others here do quite a bit.

I am certainly one of those.  In a situation of presenting evidence for clear understanding it is important to define terms and use the correct terms.  If one were presenting evidence in a court of law it is important to have all terms clearly defined.  When people use colloquial terms there is a great risk of misunderstanding.  In my job of assisting students with writing up Ph.D. theses I am critical of incorrect terms and I correct them every time whether it be in speech or in writing for which they are grateful in the end because their theses are not the ones coming back from reviewers requiring corrections of colloquial terms or trade names for items.  Just at lunctime I had a guy thanking me because his Ph.D. has passed and he is a guy I have frustrated so much in refusing to understand his colloquialisms.

Hence, if someone uses the word 'tripe' then I will make comments about tripe.  It was totally incorrect of Leslie to use the word 'ego' and just assume that others knew what he was writing about and that he was using the word in an incorrect and colloquial manner. 

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2019, 10:17:25 PM »
I started a new topic titled 'Psychology and the Bible' in the General Discussion section of the forum and moved all further posts from this thread to the new one, as the direction of this discussion was going way off of the original topic. You can find the new discussion here:

http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=871.0

Caleb

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 16
  • Romans 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2019, 09:56:23 PM »
Just want to let everyone know, this guy is a board member of my parent's church.  Here is the link to the facebook part of the church if anyone is interested in looking into it;  https://www.facebook.com/Words-Of-Faith-Life-Church-1753685051610835/

Caleb

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 16
  • Romans 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2019, 10:08:27 PM »
Here is a link to a book that Leslie has published on amazon;  https://www.amazon.com/Saint-Thomass-Guide-Faith-Leslie/dp/1985213346/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2019, 10:18:15 PM »
And just to make it clear, what Caleb meant by his 'parents' church' is that his dad is the pastor of this church. That rather explains the source of Leslie's rage, since Caleb and now two of his brothers have left that church because they recgonise the truth of God's word. And since Chris just happened to be the one who exposed that truth to Caleb, it is now Chris' fault that people are leaving.