Author Topic: Hello everyone!  (Read 5945 times)

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Re: Hello everyone!
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2020, 09:51:47 PM »
Hi Andrew! I have been thoroughly enjoying reading your posts, too. As you can imagine, Hillsong are VERY big here in Australia, as they originated in Sydney. The charismatic church I used to attend here was part of a denomination that Brian Houston was president of at the time I was attending. My church 'planted' by a larger church not too far away and I remember one time our pastor, the pastor of our 'mother church' and a few others who had leadership positions were all excited about going to an AC/DC concert together! Our pastor was the guitarist in our 'worship team' which, of course, was nothing more than a rock band; whenever we had a guest speaker, they would play an intro for the speaker which was usually something like the Rocky Theme or similar. At the time I was going, they were meeting in the local shopping centre which was just at the end of my street but after the 'mother church' got into financial difficulties over their new building and aligned themselves with Planet Shakers (John Bevere) they could no longer afford the rent on that space and for the last few years, up until this Covid thing stopped them meeting altogether, they were meeting in a pub on Sunday mornings! I was long gone before that happened, though. I do know at least some of the members of that church left and went on to start going to a Hillsong church.

Shannon:

I believe it was because you put a ) after the 8 that it inserted the emoji...

I forgot to mention that one of the most ridiculous things I ever heard Bryan Denlinger teach was that to be 'unequally yoked' meant that people of different 'races' (skin colours) couldn't marry!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 09:54:57 PM by Jeanne »

Shannon

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: 14
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Shannon
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2020, 12:22:09 AM »
I forgot to mention that one of the most ridiculous things I ever heard Bryan Denlinger teach was that to be 'unequally yoked' meant that people of different 'races' (skin colours) couldn't marry!

What? Wow, I don't believe I personally ever heard him say that, but that is beyond far off!

Also, very interesting on the 8 + ) combo to =  8) Looks like that is the only combination of a number being in an emoji, so I can now see how that happened.

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2020, 10:58:55 AM »
This is his teaching on 'interracial marriage'. I won't say too much about it because I don't want to derail this topic, but I did want you to be able to take a look at it if you want to. It's a two-parter, but this is only part 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1kAbmNIPNE

heathertaylor

• Born Again Christians
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 63
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Heather
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2020, 04:24:30 PM »
Hello Andrew
        I enjoyed reading your story. I also enjoyed all the comments and scriptures of the folks on here. I was once someone who used to listen to Hillsong, Bethel, Elevation Worship and a lot of other corrupt "christian" bands. I am still trying to find good music and Hymnals seem to be the only thing that lines up with sound doctrine but even hymnals need to be sifted through with the word as well. I am looking for good biblically sound music with those who support Truth, so if you or anyone else has some suggestions, that would be good.

I am new to this forum as well. And so far I have learned more here in the month or so since I found this webpage than I have in any church I have been to since a child. It has encouraged me to get more into Gods word. I thought I was saved at the age of 13 and come to find out I never had godly sorrow of my wrongs that I committed against God. It was like I was worldly sorrowful and thought that was repentance, but I watched CLE video on Repentance and I began to bawl right there on my couch and it was a cry like I never had for what the way I was breaking Gods heart and it doesn't just stop there. Repentance seems to be every day! And I am totally okay with that.

I was a little shocked to hear some of the things you was saying about Hillsong because I didn't know of what happened behind the scenes and before I ever discovered CLE, I found some youtube videos exposing the wickedness of most of the mainstream "christian" music. I wouldn't recommend this Preacher because I believe he is still leaven, but his certain videos did expose the new age "christian" music.

This is a link to his youtube page.

https://www.youtube.com/user/spencersmith312

I do not believe everything he teaches but as far as his study on the "christian music" it seems to be legit. I could be wrong and If I am, please somebody correct me because I do not want to lead anyone astray.

I am so glad that you found CLE and most importantly I am so glad you repented of your sins and can now have the Spirit guide you so you wont be fooled by every wind of doctrine. The Holy Spirit is our guide and teacher/discerner of Gods Word. It still amazes me that Jesus died for me and That God is long-suffering with us so that we could come to the Truth. Some people believe that Gods law is grievous and bondage but I say there is Liberty! Jesus Christ has set me free and I will never forget that day that I came to repentance and also all the memories of seeing how HE was working in my life to bring me to HIM.

Romans 8:38-39
 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14

« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 04:31:16 PM by heathertaylor »
2 Peter 3:9 - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

ndrw

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2020, 04:51:12 PM »
Hi Andrew! I have been thoroughly enjoying reading your posts, too. As you can imagine, Hillsong are VERY big here in Australia, as they originated in Sydney. The charismatic church I used to attend here was part of a denomination that Brian Houston was president of at the time I was attending. My church 'planted' by a larger church not too far away and I remember one time our pastor, the pastor of our 'mother church' and a few others who had leadership positions were all excited about going to an AC/DC concert together! Our pastor was the guitarist in our 'worship team' which, of course, was nothing more than a rock band; whenever we had a guest speaker, they would play an intro for the speaker which was usually something like the Rocky Theme or similar. At the time I was going, they were meeting in the local shopping centre which was just at the end of my street but after the 'mother church' got into financial difficulties over their new building and aligned themselves with Planet Shakers (John Bevere) they could no longer afford the rent on that space and for the last few years, up until this Covid thing stopped them meeting altogether, they were meeting in a pub on Sunday mornings! I was long gone before that happened, though. I do know at least some of the members of that church left and went on to start going to a Hillsong church.

Shannon:

I believe it was because you put a ) after the 8 that it inserted the emoji...

Yes Jeanne, the Hillsong branch has many tendrils... And now that you mentioned AC/DC, I remember one of the youths there had on a shirt, I forgot what the name of the band was it was something wicked, it also was an acronym. And I remember one of my co-photographers asked what his shirt meant, because to me and her it was just a random name, but another one of our team members said it meant something that was quite wicked... the first letter was the F word! And the youth that had the shirt on knew what it meant and didn't care that he was wearing it to church... and yes I forgot to mention what the venues actually were where "church" was held, they were held in legit nightclubs! Hillsong LA was held in the Belasco Theatre in Downtown LA, California and Hillsong OC was held in the Yost Theatre in Santa Ana, California. If you google map the Yost Theatre and street view it you can see the 2 abominable statues that were erected up in front of it. 2 nude winged fallen angels sitting on balls with masquerade masks on... I remember before services the people that worked for Hillsong would laugh at them and take photos with them... I think myself and 2-4 other people that attended were truly offended by them...

And yes Bryan's teaching on "race mixing" is learned primarily from Peter Ruckman. Ruckman was a great pusher of segregation and many of their followers take on the same belief. I will agree that there are instances in the Scriptures where interracial marriage was a negative (Ezra chapters 9-10 & Nehemiah 13:23-31) but when you look at those instances it lines up with 2 Corinthians 6:14-18 and the problem is they were going after idols and forsaking the Lord because the women they were marrying were heathens. There also is no commandment that says 2 people of different ethnicity (or skin color) can not marry. To be unequally yoked is exactly as the Scriptures declare it to be: the lost with the saved.

And ah yes, that is why the emoji came up because "8" + ")" is the sunglasses emoji ahaha.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 04:55:20 PM by ndrw »

ndrw

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2020, 05:10:47 PM »
Hello Andrew
        I enjoyed reading your story. I also enjoyed all the comments and scriptures of the folks on here. I was once someone who used to listen to Hillsong, Bethel, Elevation Worship and a lot of other corrupt "christian" bands. I am still trying to find good music and Hymnals seem to be the only thing that lines up with sound doctrine but even hymnals need to be sifted through with the word as well. I am looking for good biblically sound music with those who support Truth, so if you or anyone else has some suggestions, that would be good.

I am new to this forum as well. And so far I have learned more here in the month or so since I found this webpage than I have in any church I have been to since a child. It has encouraged me to get more into Gods word. I thought I was saved at the age of 13 and come to find out I never had godly sorrow of my wrongs that I committed against God. It was like I was worldly sorrowful and thought that was repentance, but I watched CLE video on Repentance and I began to bawl right there on my couch and it was a cry like I never had for what the way I was breaking Gods heart and it doesn't just stop there. Repentance seems to be every day! And I am totally okay with that.

I was a little shocked to hear some of the things you was saying about Hillsong because I didn't know of what happened behind the scenes and before I ever discovered CLE, I found some youtube videos exposing the wickedness of most of the mainstream "christian" music. I wouldn't recommend this Preacher because I believe he is still leaven, but his certain videos did expose the new age "christian" music.

This is a link to his youtube page.

https://www.youtube.com/user/spencersmith312

I do not believe everything he teaches but as far as his study on the "christian music" it seems to be legit. I could be wrong and If I am, please somebody correct me because I do not want to lead anyone astray.

I am so glad that you found CLE and most importantly I am so glad you repented of your sins and can now have the Spirit guide you so you wont be fooled by every wind of doctrine. The Holy Spirit is our guide and teacher/discerner of Gods Word. It still amazes me that Jesus died for me and That God is long-suffering with us so that we could come to the Truth. Some people believe that Gods law is grievous and bondage but I say there is Liberty! Jesus Christ has set me free and I will never forget that day that I came to repentance and also all the memories of seeing how HE was working in my life to bring me to HIM.

Romans 8:38-39
 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14

Hello Heather :)! And yes I agree also that you have to sift through hymns as well, because some of them are not that sound. And oh yes, I understand completely about thinking you are saved, but you're not. And amen repentance is a continually lifelong thing, it does not stop at salvation. And I was a little shocked (at the time) to witness and hear some of the things of which I did... and amen I am glad more than you that I repented for my sins and God saved me! And amen, I still ask God why He would save a wretched sinner like me quite often, because He didn't have to. But it just goes to show that the love, goodness, and tender mercies of God are unmatched and unspeakable.