Author Topic: Not "God in Three Persons," but rather GODHEAD! (I'm stupid.)  (Read 3985 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 449
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Not "God in Three Persons," but rather GODHEAD! (I'm stupid.)
« on: September 07, 2019, 12:52:33 PM »
DUH! I'm a idiot! Why did I not see this before? I need to rewrite the article I did on the Trinity, not to change the doctrine, but to get rid of "God in Three Persons." Why could I not see it before? The term the Bible uses is the the Godhead! Ugh... I am so dumb! I can't believe I didn't see something so obvious, which I have even quoted many times before in other teachings.

Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
-Acts 17:29
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
-Rom 1:20
For in him [Christ] dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
-Col 2:9

Once again, though there are not many of us here, I really appreciate you all who are of Christ, who have been very patient and merciful to me while I take the time to correct things like this. I told our church over Skype that I've couldn't figure out a Biblical term for the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as one and three at the same time, and Godhead is that term. I've just got so much to fix.  :o
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Mr. Redflame

Re: Not "God in Three Persons," but rather GODHEAD! (I'm stupid.)
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 02:08:23 PM »
Have you ever thought about wording it like this (though it's likely you have): one God as three persons?

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2019, 02:57:47 PM »
No, and I probably should have posted this in the private section of the forum because our church has had the full discussions on this matter over Skype, whereas everyone else here who are not part of our church hasn't had the conversations to the same extent. The problem is with the definition of "person," which generally refers to an office or station, and because there are some people out there who believe that God just has "three offices" instead being three distinct entities, it sometimes gives them the wrong impression about what is it I (or we) believe, and therefore, sticking to the Biblical term "Godhead" is better than creating a phrase "one God as three persons."
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Mr. Redflame

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2019, 03:22:02 PM »
persons as offices.. oh, right, I remember seeing that somewhere on this site. that sounds a little ridiculous to me. anyway, so are you saying that "Godhead" is a better word to use to describe them (i.e. the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit)? also I have no issue with the term "Godhead" if you'll being using that instead.

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2019, 03:58:46 PM »
It was actually Richard who brought up the topic when he said that 'person' was from the Latin 'persona' which referred to the mask an actor wore.

Then Billy pointed out that 'Godhead' is the term the Bible uses.

http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=824.0

Mr. Redflame

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2019, 04:17:48 PM »
oh it was Richard, thanks.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2019, 05:11:04 PM »
Then Billy pointed out that 'Godhead' is the term the Bible uses.
http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=824.0
I didn't even see that he said that until you just mentioned it; the post was all messed up from the quote thing because I think he posted it wrong. So I guess that means I'm not the only one.

Sheila McGarvey

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2019, 01:06:56 AM »
Have you ever read any of the writings of the late Bryan Huie?  He did an in depth study on the Godhead and wrote several well researched articles on the subject.  Bryan was a very humble man and considered himself a teaching elder, and youll see that while he was a messianic, he wasnt the hard core variety.  I left the messianic heresies behind many years before I met Bryan on line and he never tried to convert me back over.  In his secular job he worked as an analyst for the FDIC.  His studies were and still are useful to me when I'm searching for truth.  He was not a pastor, minister, or evangelist and didnt believe in credentials and didn't like organized churchianity.  Like you, he held local services with on line Skype for those of us who listened in.  If its appropriate, Ill post a link to his Godhead studies as I think you will find much of his information useful. 

Larrylynndavis

• BANNED
  • Newly Registered (Forum LVL 0)
  • Edification: -12
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Larry
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2019, 01:51:39 AM »
I think your on the right path, to use the word person to describe the Godhead is leaven. John 4:23-25 King James Version (KJV)
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.