Author Topic: Ron wyatt gods treasure seeker or fraud  (Read 5382 times)

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 23
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
  • Belief: Christian
Ron wyatt gods treasure seeker or fraud
« on: July 23, 2018, 06:12:00 PM »
For many years I have been studying ron wyatt and his claims. I believed what he claimed and did to be truth. But today I no longer believe him or can trust him in his findings and claims. I have watched all  the videos ron was apart of making and it seems every one has a different account on what happened. His own videos like the Noah

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Re: Ron wyatt gods treasure seeker or fraud
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 06:21:34 PM »
Billy, your post got cut off. This forum software doesn't like apostrophes from anywhere other than typing in the post box on a computer. If you're copy/pasting from somewhere else or using a phone, it won't work.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 06:58:09 PM »
For many years I have been studying ron wyatt and his claims. I believed what he claimed and did to be truth. But today I no longer believe him or can trust him in his findings and claims. I have watched all  the videos ron was apart of making and it seems every one has a different account on what happened. His own videos like the Noahs ark video narration by his wife seems to tell the story different every time a updated one comes out. He twist scripture so it will fit his findings. It seems he is dishonest about almost every thing. For example he claimed 3 metal detectors methods were used and they all came out with same results but in video when they where laying down the lines to show where the wood timbers are you can clearly see the 3rd metal detector device he just seems to not mentioned jousting or spirit rods. Or when he claimed he found the Grave of Noah and his wife and they were taller than 12 feet tall. But yet God wanted him to use a standard cubit of a 6 foot man. Or when u see him praying with the guys who are starting construction on visiting center and his wife say they sacrifice a lamb as a symbolic of Noah making first sacrifice. But any one who can see it is a goat and it was sacrifice to the muslims god and if you look hard enough you can see ron praying with them to there god.  There are so many things I can point out. Am I just misunderstanding what is being said or have you guys came up with same thing?

ThomasHGW

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 16
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Thomas
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 07:23:08 PM »
I looked into some of his claims a while back but stopped after a while. Isnt he a SDA? I left when his stories started getting fishy but I cannot really remember everything about what was fishy. Something just seemed off...
The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver.   -Psalms 119:72

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Edification: 449
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 07:41:25 PM »
Moses was the one who recorded Genesis, and the standard cubit length was the Egyptian cubit. It's not about 12ft vs 6ft--it's about what was recorded in Scripture.

Your arguments seem vague; I'm not actually understanding much of what you're saying. However, Wyatt was an SDA, and so if believed as Ellen G. White believed, then he ended up in hell. I've told many people about his work, but I also give warning that I don't necessary trust him, nor do I know if he was correct at all.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Dedrick Lewis

• CLE Church Members
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: 8
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dedrick
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 11:27:30 PM »
I've read your post 3 times now billy, and it doesn't make any sense nor can i follow what your saying.

For example you said:

Or when he claimed he found the Grave of Noah and his wife and they were taller than 12 feet tall. But yet God wanted him to use a standard cubit of a 6 foot man

Ok, where are you getting that from and who are you applying that too? Moses or Ron Wyatt. Either one you pick is up to you but the problem is it would not make sense either way.

You also said:
He twist scripture so it will fit his findings

Now you could be right, but you have no examples for us to follow or respond to.

No offense, but you've kind of made a lazy post expecting a clear answer.

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2018, 04:04:55 AM »
I couldn't make any sense out of this bit, either:

For example he claimed 3 metal detectors methods were used and they all came out with same results but in video when they where laying down the lines to show where the wood timbers are you can clearly see the 3rd metal detector device he just seems to not mentioned jousting or spirit rods.

That sentence makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I can't even tell what you're talking about.

He also claims to have found the Ark of the Covenant and he further claims that where it's buried, Jesus' blood would have dripped through a crack in the ground and landed on the mercy seat. But again (as with most of his claims) there's no way to tell whether any of that is true or not. There's no evidence other than his story that he ever found the Ark of the Covenant and no evidence that he figured out exactly where Jesus' cross would have stood.

You can't flat out call somebody a liar if there is no evidence to either support or refute their claims. I might tend to believe he was lying (simply based on the fact that he was SDA and they're very good at making up stories), but I can't prove it one way or the other.

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2018, 04:00:51 PM »
Even if someone had found Noah's Ark or Noah's grave or the cross that Christ was crucified on or any other artifact it is of no importance whatsoever but would only be for a stumbling block to those who found it or those who own it. 

In Christianity there is absolutely no physical item or symbol in the whole wide world involved in being a part of the promise.  There are no clothes that any particular person should wear apart from what is appropriate, no shoes, no special hat, no special cup to drink from, no crosses hung on walls, no buildings of a particular design (preferably no buildings at all).  For the breaking of bread and the drinking of the cup in fellowship it can be regular bread and grapejuice from the supermarket or one can just make bread themselves if they wish to.  There are no artifacts from the past that are of any importance.

The only reason I pay any attention to the 'shroud of Turin' is that I wonder what mischief it will be used for in the future when people claim to have extracted DNA from the blood and make all sorts of claims. 

Turns out in the end that it's the image of the beast  :P
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2018, 05:52:53 PM »
No offense, but you've kind of made a lazy post expecting a clear answer.
^+1
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2018, 06:38:20 PM »
I am sorry about this post. I just read it again and I have no idea what I was trying to get at. What I was going for was do you guys believe that is Noahs ark? And should I avoid using ron videos to the people hear do to he is sda? I have been sick last few days with some kind of tropical bug.

Now I been sick few times in my life with all kinds of bugs but this one is nothing I have ever been threw. It is so strange. Fever comes and goes my back of eyes hurt when I move eyes around. The skin on top of my head hurts. I feel as if I am umm I guess kinda high I don't know. So I do apologize again

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2018, 06:58:53 PM »
Sorry to hear you've been ill, Billy. But to answer your question, I wouldn't point to anything like archaeology or artefacts to try to prove the Bible. The Bible stands on its own and doesn't need physical proof; either you believe it or you don't.

As Kevin told you, none of that stuff matters. People SAW Jesus rise from the dead and still refused to believe. Same would be true if Noah's ark was found; people who don't want to believe won't, no matter what kind of 'evidence' is shoved in their faces.

If you want to spread the gospel, just stick to the Bible.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2018, 07:31:53 PM »
I do stick with the bible. It is all 1 needs to teach truth. So I think what I was trying to get at with the hole standard cubit or Noahs cubit.  If Noah was to use the standard eygept cubit it would mean each floor would be just about 16 feet tall. But we would have to account for space taken up by flooring and roof. So let's say we take 4 feet for the roof and flooring per floor. That would leave 12 feet per deck of space. They claim that Noahs wife was 16 feet tall alone. Just something to think about

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2018, 08:02:19 PM »
Hi Billy

I hope you're feeling a whole lot better soon, God willing.

I do stick with the bible. It is all 1 needs to teach truth.

They claim that Noahs wife was 16 feet tall alone. Just something to think about

I can see how much this virus is affecting you.  Some fresh oranges and apples may help as they are full of vitamin C.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2018, 08:12:03 PM »
I've told our church I do personally believe that may be Noah's Ark, but I also tell them it very well may not be, and that it's possible that Noah's Ark may not be in existence anymore. I don't know. My personal belief on that matter doesn't determine the truth, but as I said before, as an SDA, he was not very trustworthy.

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2018, 11:58:20 PM »
Okay, in the first place, say Wyatt did find the remains of two people who were what we might call giants. How would he be able to tell one way or the other if they were Noah and his wife or not? Unless there was a grave marker with their names on them (and we don't even know the name of Noah's wife), they could be anybody.

Second, Moses just recorded what God told Noah. God gave the measurements to Noah in cubits, but we don't know how long a 'cubit' was considered to be before the Flood. Noah could very well have used his own cubit; again, there's no way to tell and it doesn't really matter. I think what's important is the proportions of length to width to height, not the exact measurements of each. These proportions have since been proven to be the most stable design for a ship so that it is unlikely to capsize.

And just for the record, I highly doubt the decking would have been four feet thick. There isn't even that much space between floors of modern skyscrapers, so why would they need it to be that thick on a ship? I'd say maybe one foot, max, and probably not even that much.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2018, 01:01:48 AM »
The bible says that they came eastward and settled in the plains where they built the tower of babel. So I guess to anser the question if it is Noahs ark, we find out where the area of the tower was then look east. It is all I can think of

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2018, 05:23:22 AM »
Why bother? You're getting sidetracked on something that shouldn't even be an issue. The flood happened, Noah and his family were saved because they were aboard the ark he built. It doesn't matter if the thing still exists today or not. You're wasting your time with this thing because there's no way to tell if it's there or not. This is just another distraction.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2018, 06:59:08 PM »
I am not looking for it. There is so much proof around the world that it happened. I was curious on what you guys think. I decided to get rid of all rons videos. They only complicated something bible makes simple. Plus in the new testament they mention the flood but never went into proofing it really happened.  We need christ. It should all be about him. With out him we should likewise parish. I rather talk about what I have discovered in the bible and to make sure I am not interpreted way out of context. Would you like to hear about one of my discovery?

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2018, 07:19:56 PM »
With out him we should likewise parish.

Although that is a typo it is somewhat true.