Author Topic: Brian Moonan Quoted Pope In Error  (Read 2290 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 449
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Brian Moonan Quoted Pope In Error
« on: August 03, 2018, 03:22:21 PM »
I was looking into Brian's teaching on hell from his radio show:
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/kjv-prepper/2018/04/05/truthdealer-radio-episode-13-the-truth-about-hell
In which, he quotes Pope Francis saying: "There is no hell. There is the disappearance of sinful souls."

In a daily mail article, the Catholic Church denies that Francis said this, and nowhere does Pope Francis admit to saying it or anything close to it. This is not to say the Catholic Church cannot or does not lie, because they often do, but in this instance, the quote was taken from 93-year-old atheist reporter who, according to a Daily Mail article, admitted that he does not take notes during his interviews, and said, "I try to understand the person I am interviewing, and after that I write his answers with my own words"
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5557761/Pope-Holy-Thursday-urges-priests-close-sinners.html

This is why I tell people to double check what you hear, even from me. A lot of Brian's teaching was formed around this quote, but at best, it's not credible.

Brian stopped producing teachings months ago; I have no idea if he's okay or not.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
Re: Brian Moonan Quoted Pope In Error
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 05:58:00 PM »
Wow, sorry to hear that! Is there any way you can contact him to find out what's going on?

davehenry

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 02:41:33 PM »
Thanks for bringing this up Chris,i was going to listen to that teaching that Brian did about Frankie saying there was no hell.If the reporter is not credable,esp an Athiest who as most believe that Christianity didn't exist until early 300's AD through the HARLOT and maybe just be trying to discredit Christians as a whole and dampen other Athiest's concience about the existance of Hell from a "christian leader" then even quadruple checking things out would be wise thing to do.I haven't heard the teaching so am not sure if Brian checked out the reporter or not as a start but i would like to think he would've done beforehand.I will listen to the teaching and see tho.We are as 1 John 4:1 says
Beloved,believe not every spirit,but try the spirits whether they be of God:because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
I personally believe we are in the days of Malachi 3:14-16
Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another:and the LORD hearkened,and heard [it],and a book of rememberance was written before him for them that feared the LORD,and that thought upon his name.And they shall be mine,saith the LORD of hosts,in that day when I make up my jewels;and I will spare them,as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.Then shall ye return,and discern between the righteous and the wicked,between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.
When you say Brian spopped producing teachings months ago what do you mean by that exactly?if you don't mind me asking.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 03:42:20 PM »
His radio show and videos don't show any new content for the past four months. Just look at them yourself; you'll see.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 03:51:03 PM »

davehenry

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 04:42:50 PM »
Yeah i noticed that there,i listened to the teaching there and he did take what the reporter said as fact.As i said basically,The reporter could've had hidden motive behind the article being an Athiest to attack Christians using the catholic church.I listened to the teaching about God's word being incorrupible last week i believe where he mentions Scott Johnson's belief about the mandela effect.I could be wrong so please correct me if so but the teachings i've heard @ least seem extreemly similar to each other only with different titles-more rebuke than actual Bible studies.@ the last church building myself and wife were @ it was a salvation message every week hoping lost ppl came in and get saved and the 4 or 5 sheep that hadn't scattered from there there were forgotten about so to speak.It makes me cringe and feel bondage hearing 'You need to repent' when it's God who gives us repentance through godly sorrow and not any work of our own,more fear mongering than allowing the Holy Spirit to do his work if that's the right way to put it,but Brian has always taught that that i can remember.The videos he did @ one time were very good and could glean something from them but the radio shows are in some way not up to par in the same way for some reason.I'm going to go through more teachings to see as i don't want to wrongfully judge him to see if there's something to worry about or not.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 06:27:36 PM »
I'm sorry; I must not have seen his updated material. The link I'm using must be old. Whoops.

davehenry

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 07:08:56 PM »
I didn't notice the teaching was from 4 months ago but saw it on facebook a while back and was meaning to listen to it but you brought it back to my memory and i listened to it earlier.What you said was spot on tho about the reporter and Brian not checking him out first.Jeanne put the link from the last teaching from july which i listened to last week and i got a little confused  then as you said 4 months and thought you were talking in a way about something else.I'm still going to check more of his teachings tho as to be sure as i started listening to him a little while back again but for some reason am unable to glean from his teachings as i used to when he did videos.I hope it's my discuisting,rotten,sinful self tho but it smells of sinless perfection.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 07:11:53 PM by davehenry »