Author Topic: Psychology And The Bible  (Read 19296 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 449
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Psychology And The Bible
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2019, 01:52:31 AM »
So... I guess we're not doing this? We were told that the time was not good for her, and there has been nothing else posted since. Maybe I'm just an odd person that believes those who claim to be of Christ should be held accountable for what they say, and reconciliation should take priority, but, I guess unity in the Spirit among brethren is just phrase of convenience?
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2019, 09:24:46 AM »
I agree with Chris.  I hope there is a reasonable explanation this has not been set up yet, but it is likely not the case.  That is very sad.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 23
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2019, 05:03:43 PM »
If someone don't have time to stop and think why they are getting a degree and what they are going to use it for, I hardly think they will have time to explain themselves.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2019, 05:09:41 PM »
If someone don't have time to stop and think why they are getting a degree and what they are going to use it for, I hardly think they will have time to explain themselves.
How is that fair to Jackie? Did you ever lack understanding at one time? I also have done many foolish things because of my ignorance. I'll sharply rebuke Jackie for her unbridled tongue, but we ought to be always ready to give grace at the first sign of repentance.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Jeanne

• Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2019, 05:32:37 AM »
She logged in at 7.30 (her time) last night (Thursday), so I'm sure she at least saw what Chris posted. I don't know why she hasn't replied, though. Maybe she was just reading from work...

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2019, 11:44:10 AM »
Just logging in doesn't mean much. If you read her earlier posts, she said she was busy Thursday nights, so she may not have read anything.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 23
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2019, 05:55:48 PM »
My last post was foolish. Now thinking about it, I do not even know why I even said that.

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2019, 09:09:46 AM »
Our group is usually gracious and demonstrate God's Mercy when people are repentant.  I hope Jackie will meet with us. 
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2019, 09:34:12 PM »
Me too, but it's starting to look less likely. I hope it's just because she's been busy rather than that she's decided not to do it after all.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2019, 11:11:18 AM »
After a week, Jackie has logged in multiple times and said nothing. I'm not sure what to think now.

Jackie

« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2019, 10:55:35 PM »
Hi, guys. Yes, I'm still around. I've just had a lot going on in various aspects of my life that has lately even been taking a small toll on my physical health. So I had that to address first.

So... I guess we're not doing this? We were told that the time was not good for her, and there has been nothing else posted since. Maybe I'm just an odd person that believes those who claim to be of Christ should be held accountable for what they say, and reconciliation should take priority, but, I guess unity in the Spirit among brethren is just phrase of convenience?

I agree that those who claim to be of Christ should answer for the things they say and do. Reconciliation is also crucial. I can't help but be a little hurt by what you seem to be implying here, Chris. That I don't care about unity in the Spirit among brethren. I don't blame you for thinking that of me, though. I mean, I probably would think the same if I was trying to reconcile with someone online and then they just stopped talking without explanation.

I want to restate to you that I am sorry for my unbridled tongue (which I'm pretty sure speaking with an unbridled tongue is sin), and for calling you arrogant and many other things (whether with intention or not). I spoke in ignorance and with rashness. I'm sorry. I hope I can be forgiven...

I'm ashamed at this whole matter and what I did. I'm glad that I was called out on where I was wrong. Seriously, I am.

Our group is usually gracious and demonstrate God's Mercy when people are repentant.  I hope Jackie will meet with us. 

Me too, but it's starting to look less likely. I hope it's just because she's been busy rather than that she's decided not to do it after all.

Thanks, guys, for being willing to accommodate me and by being willing to chat with me via Skype at a time that works for me. I'm sure I've caused lots of confusion by not setting up a time sooner. As I said before, I've had a lot going on the past week and a half or so since I was last on this thread (which is why I was only able to pop in and read some posts all over the forum from time to time, though not any on this thread. I've only just seen the recent posts on this thread tonight).
I admit to being wrong in assuming that there was any attempt to have a discussion of what I said without me present (like, on purpose, to make me look bad or something). I'm sorry for that.

I'm also sorry for hurting anyone else on this forum in any way. If there's something wrong I've done against any of you that I may not be aware of, I humbly ask that you tell me so I can be aware of it in the future.

If it's alright, I'd really like to not join a Skype call, for now. I'm overwhelmed with many things going on right now, and I've been made physically sick about some of it. Some of these things I've been dealing with also take up a significant portion of my time. Please don't misunderstand. I consider reconciliation to be important, and it would be a delight to meet some of you face to face (even if when I do, I am being rebuked or held accountable for something). I am hoping that my apology in this post might be enough for reconciliation to happen (or begin at the very least). If not, however, I will try and make a Skype call a priority, if you guys think that it will be profitable.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2019, 12:23:23 AM »
I agree that those who claim to be of Christ should answer for the things they say and do. Reconciliation is also crucial. I can't help but be a little hurt by what you seem to be implying here, Chris. That I don't care about unity in the Spirit among brethren. I don't blame you for thinking that of me, though. I mean, I probably would think the same if I was trying to reconcile with someone online and then they just stopped talking without explanation.

I want to restate to you that I am sorry for my unbridled tongue (which I'm pretty sure speaking with an unbridled tongue is sin), and for calling you arrogant and many other things (whether with intention or not). I spoke in ignorance and with rashness. I'm sorry. I hope I can be forgiven...

I'm ashamed at this whole matter and what I did. I'm glad that I was called out on where I was wrong. Seriously, I am.
I am sorry that I was so firm with you, and I am overjoyed to hear those things, and I am more than willing to forget any words that were spoken in this thread. Would you still be willing to meet with us on Skype? Except this time, instead of reconciliation, can we meet simply for the purpose of talking with you? I think that would be a joy just to fellowship with you. Would everyone else be open to doing that? I mean, only if you can spare the time Jackie; I know you're quite busy right now.

If no one is in objection to it, could you give us a date/time you could talk with us for a bit? It doesn't have to be long.

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2019, 06:55:57 AM »
I have no objection whatsoever. But Chris, you and Lorraine are going to be busy for the next week, too, with your trip, so I think any conversation over Skype would have to wait until you get back anyway, so let's see what Jackie's situation is like after you get home.

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2019, 04:17:04 PM »
Jackie, I am so glad to hear from you and that you are repentant.  I know I would enjoy getting to meet and talk with you, like Chris said!

clinton_post

« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2019, 05:52:54 PM »
Neil Anderson has some good videos on this topic.  I do feel like somethings in psychology are bogus, but also seem true.  But what do I know?  I'm just a dork with a laptop.

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2019, 09:09:18 PM »
Clinton, why do you keep referring people to other teachings on a topic without reading what is on THIS website to see what we believe, first? Your feelings (and those of others) are irrelevant to what the Bible says. Chris wrote an entire book on the subject of psychology/psychiatry which can be found here:

http://www.creationliberty.com/articles/psychology.php

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2019, 11:32:01 AM »
Neil Anderson has some good videos on this topic.  I do feel like somethings in psychology are bogus, but also seem true.  But what do I know?  I'm just a dork with a laptop.
Jeanne's right; that was an odd comment. It had nothing to do with the context of what was being said.

Dee Babbitt

• BANNED
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 29
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dee
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2019, 12:22:42 AM »
Yes, Jackie, it would be wonderful to be able to meet you on Skype :-)

You will like our group :-)