Author Topic: New Here  (Read 2863 times)

LeniLani2002

New Here
« on: July 06, 2020, 03:07:10 PM »
Hello,

I came across this site after looking at some conspiracy theories.  I came across some women who basically said they thought they were doing God's work but in the end, they realized they were working for Satan.  There was a lot of crazy stuff there that I had a hard time wrapping my head around.  However, I have been feeling convicted on "For many will say to me Lord, Lord...".  I have had this conversation with a few friends and family.  Everyone tells me I am reading too much into it.  Believe in Jesus and you will be saved.  That's all you have to do.  So then why did He warn us that so many will perish who believe they are going to Heaven?  That doesn't make sense.  I believe I am born again, I find it harder and harder to sin, although I of course still do.  I am not certain that I have felt the grief Chris has discussed.  I greatly appreciate this teaching, although it terrifies me how many are on a straight path to Hell and don't realize it.  Please pray for me and my family.  I pray the Lord will humble our hearts and bring us to repentance. 

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
  • Belief: Christian
Re: New Here
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 05:47:07 AM »
Welcome to the forum Tanya. Have you read "Why Millions of Believers on Jesus are Going to Hell"? I know it would clear up your questions the way it did for me. It is early here still and I am not awake enough to give you scripture, but I know reading that book (for free at creationliberty.com) will help.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

LeniLani2002

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 07:14:43 AM »
Good morning Tonya,

Yes I have read through some of it, still working on reading it thoroughly.  I'm also listening to the Youtube videos on repentance.  Last night my eyes were opened to my baptism in 2017, how it was all a show at a mega-church.  Lights, music, the audience.  I could only think of how it was such a focus on self.  I am a recent born again, 2017 and these messages are throwing everything I thought I knew out the window.  This is a great thing, but it's hard and I'm not sure where to go from here.  I prayed and asked God to remove the scales from my eyes and here I am.  I don't know what to do in regards to attending church.  I have two young children, I can't fathom sending them somewhere knowing they will be taught false doctrine.

I look forward to getting to know everyone and going back through all the teachings!

Tanya

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 450
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2020, 07:41:18 AM »
So they turned baptism into some sort of concert?
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

LeniLani2002

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2020, 08:35:20 AM »
That's exactly what they did.  I don't know why I didn't see it at the time but it's so clear now. 

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2020, 03:52:50 PM »
Hi Tanya

It's good you found us here and I hope you stay around and become an established member of the group.  CLE is good in that the emphasis is on sound teaching that is consistant with the Bible and for the growth of true Christians. 

The audio teachings are better from the website because Youtube only has the second half of the teaching and the first half is Chris working through books of the Bible and giving a commentary that is also fully open for discussion. 
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

LeniLani2002

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2020, 07:49:19 AM »
Thank you Keven. 

I am on part 6 of the repentance series and I will say it seems pretty clear to me.  I have been saying for quite some time that something is wrong because in one place the Bible says many will perish but in another (taken out of context) basically everyone who "believes" will be saved.  I've been told I'm reading too much into it and I'm trying to hard. 

I hope to become an established member.  I went through the article on music as well.  I think this is something I've always known in the back of my mind but always brushed off as it being a myth.  Satan really is a deceiver.  I think many people are out looking for the truly evil acts to tie to Satan when in reality these types of things lead so many people astray.

Very thankful to have found you all. 

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 450
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2020, 10:34:45 AM »
I am currently rewriting that article on music into a full-length book. It was very poorly done the first time around because I did that back when I had to work a job while working ministry at the same time. Now that I've been working full-time the past few years, I have more time to put into better quality work, so I'm going to be cleaning, organizing, rewriting, and adding much more information over the next few months.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2020, 01:18:00 AM »
I've been told I'm reading too much into it and I'm trying to hard.

Luke 13:24 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

No matter how many times, it is always encouraging to read the comments from others who have had the same experiences with the "church goers" (false converts).
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2020, 08:39:15 AM »
I've been told I'm reading too much into it and I'm trying to hard. 
We are supposed to work/try hard.

Luke 13:24 KJV  Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

STRIVE,
1. To make efforts; to use exertions; to endeavor with earnestness; to labor hard; applicable to exertions of body or mind. A workman strives to perform his task before another; a student strives to excel his fellows in improvement.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.