Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 2116 times)

heathertaylor

• Born Again Christians
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 63
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Heather
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Introduction
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2021, 08:57:29 PM »
Yes I agree that the Repentance teaching and why millions of believers teachings tie together for sure.

2 Peter 3:9 - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Pilgrim Mike

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 8
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Micheal
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2021, 09:38:32 PM »
Sadly most churches don't teach that which we both know why. They want to preach love love and more love but hate it when others talk about the consequences of rejecting that love. I believe society today especially here in America has a twisted sick and perverted view on what love is. They don't realize that  when someone is preaching about that to them that they're being loved. I call it tough love though.

heathertaylor

• Born Again Christians
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 63
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Heather
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2021, 10:59:38 AM »
Quote From Pilgrim MikeIf you don't mind, please pray for me especially around this time of year. My family hates it when I tell my kids that santa claus isn't real and he's just a product of catholic superstition just like the Easter bunny ect. If people want to celebrate that stuff that's their choice but I know in my heart that God is not honored when people think/say that things like that are of Christ

I will Pray for you to have the courage to stand up for whats right with your family and that God would give you what you need
2 Peter 3:9 - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Pilgrim Mike

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2021, 10:01:47 PM »
Thank you very very much. I would rather have the prayers of the the righteous  than the praise of the wicked.

Ellie

• Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Elissa
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2021, 11:40:18 AM »
Hi again Mike,

Sorry for the late reply. Thank you for your answers to our questions. I have also enjoyed reading your recent conversation with others and I agree with Chris that it seems more relaxed. :D

I responded the way I did because I needed some more information, and I didn't mean to be harsh if I sounded that way. I'm sure you've seen some of the issues that occur on the forum with some people so I was aiming to be careful and diligent to discern things from the beginning. But I can see the humility in your responses and I just hope that conversation with other Christians here is beneficial to you. It was for me when I joined--especially to just listen to others, it helped me get out of the churchianity mindset more over time.
"Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better." (Ecclesiastes 7:3)

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 157
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2021, 01:05:10 PM »
Sorry from me too because I never did get back with you.

Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. - Luke 13:24

What would you say that it means to "strive to enter in at the strait gate?"

Mr. Timothy, what I meant by that is living a sanctified life and not like living of the world. Sorry for not clarifying that earlier like I should have. Thank you

The reason I had asked the question was because I wanted to better understand what you say the gospel is. I wasn't sure, but after reading more of what you said and understanding a little more about you I'm more convinced that you're truly born again. There's a lot of people that will say that salvation is not of works but you can tell after talking with them that they mix in works to the gospel often without even realizing it. You've probably run into that some while street preaching and talking with your family.

And he went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem. Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them, Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out. And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God. And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.
-Luke 13:22-30

Someone had asked Jesus if there would only be few that would be saved. Jesus had been rebuking people, especially the pharisees, because they thought that they were worthy of God's favor because they considered themselves "good people." But He told them they are no better than the Galilaeans who perished in pagan sacrifices. The people were the ones telling Jesus about the Galilaeans who perished in sacrifices and how they must have been reprobates because of God's judgment on them. But Jesus answered that they are no better than them and if they do not repent, they will end up in hell too.

There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things? I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
-Luke 13:1-3

Jesus continued to rebuke them for other things and it led to this person asking if only few would be saved. It probably started to seem to that guy after Jesus' rebuking that their were none that were good in God's eyes. Jesus' answer was to "Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able." This isn't to say that one must do any amount of good works to get to heaven. It's striving to gain understanding of the gospel of Jesus Christ of repentance and faith, to be the few that are humble and contrite before God because of their wickedness knowing that no work can make up for their sin and that Jesus Christ's sacrifice is the only payment for sin. It's not to strive to live a sanctified life in order to be saved because that would start to get into doing works for salvation depending on what you mean by living a sanctified life. Many that do not understand the gospel would probably come to the conclusion that it is by works because their understanding of a sanctified life is going to church, paying tithes and saying "Jesus" a lot (you've run into those kinds of people a lot, I'm sure). But those people will be the ones outside the master's door saying "We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets." They gave God praise when it was beneficial for them to appear righteous, but they never actually cared for the understanding of the gospel because they "went to church" and there's no way God would send them to the lake of fire.

I just wanted to explain that and why I had asked the question. Sorry again for not getting back with you sooner.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 450
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2021, 01:35:09 PM »
They gave God praise when it was beneficial for them to appear righteous, but they never actually cared for the understanding of the gospel because they "went to church" and there's no way God would send them to the lake of fire.
Precisely. Just look at how many church buildings closed their doors and "social distance" (i.e. a load of senseless garbage) when the government told us to lockdown and wear a mask. They can't even stand for what's right on simple matters like that. Where will we find Christians when the days of Revelation come to pass? Unless by the will of God, probably in prisons, but there will be MANY fake "Christians" doing whatever they are told to do because they don't serve Christ.

He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much.
-Luke 16:10
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Pilgrim Mike

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2021, 10:49:14 PM »
It's ok Timothy I understand. You'd be surprised ( probably not ) at how many people out there accuse me of preaching a works based salvation and I believe it's because they don't know what biblical repentance is. The accusers in that area are typically the ones do what they accuse me and many others of doing. The last time I checked that's called hypocrisy and God's word condemns that. Striving to enter the narrow gate and living a sanctified life in Christ is pretty much growing in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ and if I'm not mistaken that's in 1 Peter. I'm very sure you already knew that and if I'm not mistaken, correct me if I'm wrong, that's what you were getting at earlier. In Ephesians God's word tells us that we are saved for good works and not by good works. I'm not saying you don't believe that I'm saying that a whole lot of people think otherwise when in fact they're obviously wrong. Thanks for replying and I must say sorry myself for replying this late. This is by far the best forum I've been on. I love the scripture references everyone gives because I find more and more joy in God's word every day and knowing that others are as well. I truly pray for everyone on this forum as well as family and what very few friends I have as well as the lost. We also get accused of wanting attention and to just be on youtube and all that other stuff. Me and brother Winslow always tell them something along these lines " We're here to love our neighbors to glorify God and preach the gospel of Jesus Christ.