Author Topic: A tad about Don  (Read 2009 times)

donporter63

• BANNED
  • Newly Registered (Forum LVL 0)
  • Edification: -3
  • Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
    • View Profile
    • Rightly Divide
  • First Name: Don
  • Belief: Christian
A tad about Don
« on: April 23, 2022, 05:21:09 PM »
https://drdonporter.com/my-cv/

As I look to engage in God’s call on my life through the Pastorate or Christian Education, I am reminded that my motives must be pure. Therefore, anything associated with this search that will result in active participation in His call must be for God’s honor and glory. Senior Level Christian Educator and Pastoral Candidate

Let’s begin by giving God the glory for salvation.
As a child, I was in a home riddled with alcoholism and the domestic atrocities that are a result of the devil’s brew. To make a long story short, my parents were engaged by a local Independent Baptist church in the early ’70s.

Through the chick tract promotion and the importunity of the loving members of that church, my parents were gloriously saved. As you can imagine, the abrupt and noticeable change through the work of the Holy Spirit and the power in the shed blood of Christ changed my home.

Now, as a child, an immediate witness was present and impossible to ignore. Ephesians 2:8-9 “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.”

Furthermore, I approached my mother and told her I wanted to be saved. She took the Word of God (KJV) and led me to Christ. I can take you to the very room where Christ took up residence in my life.

Regretfully, I shudder to say that I have not always been faithful, but He has because salvation is 100% a miracle wrought by the unchanging hand of God. Hebrews 13:8 “Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.”

I have been in church since 1972 and have served in many positions:
Song leader, Sunday school teacher, pulpit fill, youth worker, treasurer, Jr. church preacher, distance ed college teacher, school administrator, I/T dept. lead, bus ministry, and others as the Lord gave opportunity.

I am married and we currently have 11 grandchildren in Indiana and North Dakota. My wife is a teacher at a local Christian school. She has an earned BSECE, A.A.S., and C.D.A. in Early Childhood Education.

In addition, to round out this short intro, I will list a few of my convictions. There’s no need to get long and wordy, at this point. Our spirits will bear witness to each other and a natural fellowship will ensue.

Bible – the sole authority for faith and practice (KJV) [ONE AUTHOR, not 40]
Autonomy or independence of the local church
The priesthood of all believers

Two offices
Pastor
Deacon
Individual soul liberty and responsibility
Separation of Church & State God’s Word First Amendment Danbury Baptists

Two ordinances
Believer’s Baptism by immersion
Lord’s Supper
Saved, baptized, and serving members (God’s basic will for our lives)

Points of inflexibility:

Christ’s ownership of the church – Acts 20:28
Christ’s headship over his church – Colossians 1:18
Christ’s Authority – Matthew 28:18
The Bible as the governing document of the church – 2 Timothy 3:16,17 & 2 Peter 1:20,21 [ONE AUTHOR, not 40]
Redeemed, husband, father, veteran, singer, Preacher, teacher, lover of space, President @ bibleschool.edu. #baptist #Christian #John316

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
Re: A tad about Don
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2022, 11:19:37 PM »
Don, since scripture never talks about someone being "lead to Christ" in regards to salvation can you give a bit more detail on what you are talking about here?

Furthermore, I approached my mother and told her I wanted to be saved. She took the Word of God (KJV) and led me to Christ.

Also you have agreed to tell us why you are here.
I'm sure as an experienced trainer and teacher you understand the importance of honoring your commitments and paying attention to detail.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Rowan M.

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 63
    • View Profile
    • Isaiah 42:12 Blog
  • First Name: Rowan
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2022, 12:53:40 AM »
This seems to be more of a curriculum vitae than a testimony. In fact, clicking the link to Don's site reveals that he has pretty much copied and pasted his intro from there! Seems a little lazy ...

A concern I have about the site is that there is no doctrinal statement (or if there is one, there's no obvious link to it, unless the CV is meant in part to be a doctrinal statement as well - in which case, it feels rather incomplete). Quite a lot about Don though ...

A further concern I have about both the site and this intro post is that, notwithstanding the expressed desire to give God the glory for salvation, it seems to be rather more about promoting Don than glorifying God. We don't really need to know all the jobs you've done (unless it has some direct bearing on your testimony) or all the degrees your wife has. As a general rule, when people talk about their personal achievements or academic degrees, it's because they're trying to impress others and get them to respect their person. Which is self-promoting kind of behaviour.

As for the salvation testimony itself, there is no indication of repentance or even any real awareness of personal sin. Moreover, the details of this most important aspect of the testimony are quite sparse. You approached your mother - why not go directly to God Himself? But then after that approach, there's not much else said - like whether you were in a state of grief and sorrow over your sin, or how exactly your mother guided you through the salvation process, or really anything else. Much more information is needed about this.

I'll close with a few Scriptures for you to consider:

For I know not to give flattering titles; in so doing my maker would soon take me away. (Job 32:22)

Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. (Matthew 6:2)

And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. (Matthew 6:5)

And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God. (Luke 16:15)

For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake. (2 Corinthians 4:5)
Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth (John 17:17)

donporter63

• BANNED
    • View Profile
    • Rightly Divide
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2022, 01:29:16 PM »
I won't be bated into an argument, too many immature Christians dying to argue and, in the end, accomplish nothing.
Redeemed, husband, father, veteran, singer, Preacher, teacher, lover of space, President @ bibleschool.edu. #baptist #Christian #John316

Ellie

• Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Elissa
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2022, 01:33:18 PM »
What was your purpose in coming here then? Just to post about all your accomplishments and church building positions?

None of us care about that, and you’re mistaken if you thought you were going to get positive responses by copying and pasting from your list of accomplishments that you had just above your literal resume on your website. And now you don’t even want to discuss anything that was brought up to you about what you chose to post on here.

But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
‭‭James‬ ‭4:6‬ ‭‬‬
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 02:00:29 PM by Ellie »
"Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better." (Ecclesiastes 7:3)

donporter63

• BANNED
    • View Profile
    • Rightly Divide
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2022, 01:45:54 PM »
1 Corinthians 13:11 - When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

donporter63

• BANNED
    • View Profile
    • Rightly Divide
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2022, 01:47:40 PM »
But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2022, 01:59:37 PM »
I just have two questions:

1. Why are you here? (i.e. Why did you join our forum?)

2. According to your understanding (and/or teaching), what is the definition of the word 'repent'?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 08:35:47 PM by creationliberty »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

donporter63

• BANNED
    • View Profile
    • Rightly Divide
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2022, 09:14:01 PM »
This question is not pertinent: According to your understanding (and/or teaching), what is the definition of the word 'repent'?

The word repent is divisive teaching depending on the next Pastor or Evangelist to bless a pulpit. I'm not getting into that issue nor am I interested in discourse with anyone who has a spiritual ax to grind.

Why am I here? Hoping to find Spiritual maturity, but that may be waning.

Ellie

• Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Elissa
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2022, 09:42:35 PM »
This question is not pertinent: According to your understanding (and/or teaching), what is the definition of the word 'repent'?

How is it that you, who claims to be of Christ, and has a supposedly extensive education, believe that the meaning of repentance is not "pertinent?" Repentance is literally required for someone to be saved and without it we will perish, and Jesus Christ Himself commanded men to repent, so how in the world is that not of any importance to you to see if we are on the same page when it comes to the most basic doctrines of salvation?

“I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.” Luke 13:5

“From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” Matthew 4:17

Repentance is foundational. Scripture refers to it as one of the principles of the doctrine of Christ, so why are you unwilling to simply give an answer on that?

"Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment." Hebrews 6:1-2

What is "pertinent" to you then, if not the basics of the doctrine of salvation?

So, you're the one here who refuses to discuss even the most basic doctrines of Christ with us and you won't even tell us your testimony of salvation--yet you are looking down your nose at us about 'spiritual immaturity?' This really makes absolutely no sense. Those who are truly born again would typically love to discuss doctrine and to share about the day that Christ had mercy on them, so your refusal to do so while looking down on everyone who has simply asked you questions or shared their concerns with you makes it evident that you do not have the poor and contrite spirit scripture talks about.

“For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.” Isaiah 66:2

If you continue to puff yourself up in pride and scoff at the Christians here who did nothing wrong to you whatsoever, then you will not find fellowship and we are not going to flatter you about your vain achievements so you may want to go elsewhere if that's what you expected.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 09:50:53 PM by Ellie »
"Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better." (Ecclesiastes 7:3)

donporter63

• BANNED
    • View Profile
    • Rightly Divide
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2022, 10:15:12 PM »
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

donporter63

• BANNED
    • View Profile
    • Rightly Divide
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2022, 10:22:15 PM »
According to God's Word, all power and judgment is Jesus'

Reading some of the documentation here, It seems someone has placed themselves on the right hand of the throne by saying Billy Graham is in hell. Likely just a taste of the "Spiritless" approach to sound doctrine on the forum.

I'll stick with the Holy Spirit as my Teacher and not the convoluted and high-minded approach on this forum.

Delete my credentials -

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 157
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2022, 10:24:53 PM »
For someone so "mature," it didn't seem he could handle a simple question. It's fixed now. I banned him.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2022, 11:06:44 PM »

The word repent is divisive teaching depending on the next Pastor or Evangelist to bless a pulpit. I'm not getting into that issue nor am I interested in discourse with anyone who has a spiritual ax to grind.

Okay. So you joined a forum for discussion, and you don't want any discussion. You only want non-divisive conversation, but you come at us with divisive speech.

And you admitted openly to everyone you refuse to preach the very message that Jesus Himself commanded us to preach.

And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
-Luke 24:47

Which means you openly admit to rejecting Christ's commandment to avoid "division."

And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
-Luke 6:46
Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
-Luke 12:51

I've heard enough. Allow me to show you the door because we no such custom of contention here.

But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.
-1Co 11:16

Have a great day, and I hope the Lord Jesus Christ shows you the same mercy He has been generous enough to show me. :)
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2022, 11:10:00 PM »
Nevermind, Tim beat me to it.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2022, 11:47:10 PM »
This is Don Porter, for anyone who is interested:

Typical church-ianity preacher, who teaches forgiveness without the humility of godly sorrow for sins (i.e. repentance). Once you read his words in this forum thread, and then compare them with his words in this video, the hypocrisy is staggering.

Just thought I'd leave this here in case anyone comes around looking at this thread in the future.

Laura

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 56
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Laura
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2022, 12:08:15 AM »
At the bottom of his posts it says he is the “President @ bibleschool.edu.” I went to their website - it’s a school for Pastors in Indiana. Here is a bit from their page on salvation. It’s the typical churchianity speech, works-based doctrine of repentance, and the sinners prayer for salvation.

Jesus paid the price for your sin and mine by giving His life on a cross at a place called Calvary, just outside of the city walls of Jerusalem in ancient Israel. God brought Jesus back from the dead. He provided the way for you to have a personal relationship with Him through Jesus. When we realize how deeply our sin grieves the heart of God and how desperately we need a Saviour, we are ready to receive God's offer of salvation. To admit we are sinners means turning away from our sin and selfishness and turning to follow Jesus. The Bible word for this is "repentance" - to change our thinking about how grievous sin is, so our thinking is in line with God's.

All that's left for you to do is to accept the gift that Jesus is holding out for you right now.

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." Romans 10:9-10

God says that if you believe in His son, Jesus, you can live forever with Him in glory.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. " John 3:16

Are you ready to accept the gift of eternal life that Jesus is offering you right now? Let's review what this commitment involves:

I acknowledge I am a sinner in need of a Savior.
I believe that Jesus died on the cross to pay the full penalty for my sins.
I believe that God raised Jesus from the dead.
I confess Jesus as my Lord and my God knowing that I can NOT save myself.
I receive Jesus as my Savior forever - this is to accept that God has done for me and in me what He promised

If it is your sincere desire to receive Jesus into your heart as your personal Lord and Savior, then talk to God from your heart:

Here's a Suggested Prayer:

"Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and I do not deserve eternal life. But, I believe You died and rose from the grave to make me a new creation and to prepare me to dwell in your presence forever. Jesus, come into my life, forgive my sins and save me. I am now placing my trust in You alone for my salvation and I accept your free gift of eternal life."
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 12:21:32 AM by Laura »

Rowan M.

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 63
    • View Profile
    • Isaiah 42:12 Blog
  • First Name: Rowan
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2022, 01:30:06 AM »
Reading through Don's posts before he was banned, one other Scripture that springs to my mind is this:

Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

A very haughty spirit was in evidence with him right from the outset. But I think such a spirit typifies a lot of false converts.
Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth (John 17:17)

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2022, 01:38:06 AM »
That's accurate because I just asked him two simple questions, which he did NOT want to answer. I would be glad to answer those questions if someone asked me, but he didn't want to answer them because it would reveal who he is and what he's actually doing.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2022, 01:18:16 PM »
This is Don Porter, for anyone who is interested:
No wonder why this guy needs to send out his resumé.
Maybe he should look into with ministering to insomniacs.
zzzzzzzzz.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.