Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 675 times)

OwenV88

Greetings
« on: May 10, 2022, 07:44:14 PM »
Greetings, my name is Owen Veneros. I repented for my sins and put my faith in the Lord Jesus Christ in March 2008 shortly after the death of my mother. I'm originally from Pennsylvania, northeast to exact. I currently live in Louisville, Kentucky. I've been through many so called "churches", just a business with the name church in it. I discovered this forum by listening to Chris's study on the 501c churches. I'm still listening to it and pulling a lot of articles from this site to read and study. I've seen a lot of wicked pastors loving their buildings and money more than the people. Not making leaders, just more followers. I left the church last year while doing research for house churches, and the Lord told us to get out too. We listened and left, it has been a lot of freedom.

I've found some house churches but they all go off of Francis chan, another false teacher. Yes, I'm born again Christian, I didn't mention that in the beginning after I repented in the top part. My family and I went to check out this house church in Lexington and it turned out to be another fake so called church. So I began a home church here in Louisville, right now its my wife, my children and I. No other ones in my area. We've been praying for others, I've been going out and giving tracts. But, God will bring them according to His Will and I've been for His Will to be done. Thank you! Glad to be here.

Ellie

• Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Elissa
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2022, 01:37:36 PM »
Hi Owen,

I agree that getting out of church buildings is very freeing. It's odd that many home churches use Francis Chan as their preacher. They left the church building, but I guess the churchianity never left them.  ???

I'm guessing that you recall the day you were saved, so I am wondering if you could give a bit more details about your testimony of salvation. And also, I was wondering if you've ever read or listened to Chris' teaching on repentance? Many people believe in false doctrines on that subject so I was curious about what your understanding of it is.
"Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better." (Ecclesiastes 7:3)

Amilcar502

• Newly Registered (Forum LVL 0)
  • Edification: 0
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Brian
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2022, 11:18:07 PM »
Hi Owne.
Nice to meet you. Looks like we came across CLM the same way. I to have been looking for a good local church. I looked into house churches and saw that the Apostles in the New Testament had house churches as well. Glad to hear you started your own home church. May the Lord give the increase, according to his will. 

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2022, 08:59:39 AM »
When someone's information says "guest" on the side, it means that they joined, made one post, but then never came back, so this person will not see your comments. The date of the post was a month ago, so you'll have to keep an eye on that too when you respond.  ;)
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18