Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1071 times)

Amilcar502

• Newly Registered (Forum LVL 0)
  • Edification: 0
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Brian
  • Belief: Christian
Introduce Yourself
« on: June 07, 2022, 11:05:29 PM »
Hello Everyone,
My name is Brian. 32 year old Christian living in Los Angeles.
I happen to come across CLM on youtube. My original intention was to look for a video that I had previously watched relating to 501c3. I looked endlessly for that video on my browser history and youtube history with no success. I did however stumble on 501c3, the Devil's Church. From there I saw other video by CLM and visited the website. Since than i have been watching and reading the material online.
I wanted to join CLM forum because I have been unable to find a good local church. I did attend one of the local churches a few months back but the structure did not seem right. It would consist of 1.5 hours of music/praise. After that  bible study would start. I don't mind the music/praise but not for that long. I would rather get into the meat of scripture as a group.
My first real interaction with the Bible was when I encounter the Hebrew Isrealites on youtube. I had never seen people use the Bible in that way. Everything they said they backed up with scripture, at least i thought so at the time. I was amazed and captivated. I did follow them for a few months. They had everything going except love for the Gentile. They despised the Gentile. I did not agree so I moved on and started following other youtube channels. During my mid to late 20's I had an interest in diet and nutrition. I saw that the 7th Day Adventist focus heavenly on diet and nutrition. They had a special guest well rounded in nutrition and invited the community to join them. I attended the meeting and it went well. The following weeks I attended their bible study session and attended one of their worship services. Due to a conflict between the bible teacher and the pastor I stopped attending. I tried looking for a local church for some months but no success, than it crossed me. I have spent so much time looking for a physical church, when that could be spend reading my bible and building an intimate relationship with the Lord. In that time my relationship with the Lord grew and is still growing till this day. I am no seeking like minded individual to commune with.

Ellie

• Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Elissa
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2022, 07:10:10 AM »
Hi Brian,

Thanks for the info you've given so far. I was wondering if you could share any more detail about when you were born again?

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. - John 3:3

As you are reading through CLE material, I want to recommend this book to you. If you aren't sure how to answer my above question, it may be a message that is important for you to hear (or read). I linked the book, but here is part 1 of the audio teaching as well if that is more convenient for you to get through. And feel free to let us know if you have any comments or questions on the contents.
"Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better." (Ecclesiastes 7:3)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2022, 08:53:57 AM »
As you are reading through CLE material, I want to recommend this book to you. If you aren't sure how to answer my above question, it may be a message that is important for you to hear (or read). I linked the book, but here is part 1 of the audio teaching as well if that is more convenient for you to get through. And feel free to let us know if you have any comments or questions on the contents.

I agree. I would like to your thoughts on that Brian. I hope you get some time soon to look at that and let us know what you think.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Amilcar502

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2022, 02:38:26 AM »
Hi Ellie and Chris.
I don't recall the exact date when i was born again but I do believe Jesus of Nazareth is the Messiah & that he is the Son of God.
By faith in Jesus the Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit  I have been able to repent and crucify the old self. I have been able to put off the old self and put on the new man as Paul states in the New Testament. I thank God the Father for imputing Christ's righteousness on me, amazing grace in deed.

I have not read the book yet but I will make sure to read it next.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2022, 01:34:41 PM »
I appreciate your time on that subject. May I ask how you define the word 'repent'? I'm curious about your understanding of it.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2022, 12:52:38 AM »
It's been almost 2 weeks, and he hasn't logged back in. Hope he's alright. I was hoping he would share some of his thoughts with us about repentance.

Amilcar502

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2022, 09:06:36 PM »
Hi guys,
Sorry for the late reply.
I would define repentance as turning back from my sinful ways because I have offend and grieved God. I would look back at my previous life style and have this uneasiness when reviewing it because I was living in a unnatural way. What really hit home was knowing that even though I offended God, and was a enemy towards God,  Christ still died for me in order to have an opportunity for me to return back to the original family. What amazing grace indeed. How could I not live for God, and not toward self, after that.

Rowan M.

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 63
    • View Profile
    • Isaiah 42:12 Blog
  • First Name: Rowan
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2022, 04:21:07 AM »
Hi Brian.

May I ask what exactly you mean by the phrase "the original family"? Also, how have you "returned back" to it? For that matter, what do you mean by "turning back" from your sinful ways? I've heard of turning from sin before, but not turning back from it as such (although I suppose that could be used in relation to backsliding). One other thing: you talk about grieving God, but did you have any grief of your own - a broken and contrite heart before God over your sin?

Thanks for your answer though. Better late than never, as they say!
Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth (John 17:17)

Ellie

• Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2022, 11:45:05 PM »
Hi again Brian,

No worries about the late response, I appreciate you coming back anyway to discuss things further.

I'm curious as well about your replies to some of what Rowan asked. And I mentioned it previously but if you ever do still get to the book I sent you then I'd still be interested in your thoughts about it. Btw, it's not too long of a book, I think Chris said about 55 pages. I recommended it to you because it goes over the fullness of the gospel and also the doctrine of false converts which not many people preach according to the Christ's doctrine so it's a very valuable read. And if you even have any questions about anything you read you can let us know.
"Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better." (Ecclesiastes 7:3)

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2022, 12:58:57 AM »
I'm curious to know your thoughts on that book too, whenever you get the chance.

Amilcar502

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2022, 12:54:24 AM »
Hey guys,
What i mean by  original family is the same family that God had with Adam and Eve in the garden of eden. The realtionship they had between one another.
What i meant by turning back  is turning my back on sin so as to not give it any worthwhile attention and instead focused on God and His ways.
Yes, I do have grief of my own. I don't understand how I could have offended God in so many ways. I thank Him everyday for showing his wonderful grace toward me.

O yes, I read the book. A really good read indeed. I always had a question regarding John 8:31. I did not understand how Jesus could call the believing Jews Sons of the Devil. The book cleared up the confusion. They did not have repentance.

I did have one question but it does not come to mind. I will look up my notes to see if I can find it. Hopefully I can find it by the time I reply back.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2022, 10:46:53 AM »
Okay, thanks for your feedback on that. Feel free to ask any questions you want.

I suppose what I was curious about when reading your testimony and your posts is when exactly you were born again in Jesus Christ. The reason I was confused is because, based on the timeline of events that you gave us, something seems off to me, but I'm not sure I can put my finger on what it is, so maybe you can help me understand this a little better.

I think some other members here were also confused at the terminology you were using, and I appreciate you explaining it more, but the question remains where you learned this terminology from. Perhaps it comes from the Hebrew cults or the SDA cults; I don't know. I've just never heard that terminology before, and it doesn't come from Scripture, so the problem is that when you use terms about Spiritual matters that we cannot determine from our Spiritual source (which is God, in His Word), then it puts us on guard until we can determine what those phrases mean.

My first real interaction with the Bible was when I encounter the Hebrew Isrealites on youtube. I had never seen people use the Bible in that way. Everything they said they backed up with scripture, at least i thought so at the time. I was amazed and captivated. I did follow them for a few months. They had everything going except love for the Gentile. They despised the Gentile. I did not agree so I moved on and started following other youtube channels. During my mid to late 20's I had an interest in diet and nutrition. I saw that the 7th Day Adventist focus heavenly on diet and nutrition. They had a special guest well rounded in nutrition and invited the community to join them. I attended the meeting and it went well. The following weeks I attended their bible study session and attended one of their worship services. Due to a conflict between the bible teacher and the pastor I stopped attending. I tried looking for a local church for some months but no success, than it crossed me. I have spent so much time looking for a physical church, when that could be spend reading my bible and building an intimate relationship with the Lord. In that time my relationship with the Lord grew and is still growing till this day. I am no seeking like minded individual to commune with.

So here is what I am seeing so far, and I am sharing this so you know how this appears to us. You said you were looking up information on 501c3, found the CLE website, and joined this forum, and a contributing factor to your motivation in your search was because you wanted strong Scriptural teaching. You then went into your history, talking about your first interaction with the Bible, and that was for "Hebrew Israelites" on YouTube, which, if I understand this correctly, are those who do NOT believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, unless you are talking about the "Hebrew Roots" cult, and that would be those who teach works-based heresies that are against the doctrine of Christ. (I can't tell which it is because you did not give me enough information.)

I agree with you that Hebrew-roots cults, and Messianic-Jewish people tend to have a greater understanding of Hebrew customs, which also gives them a more in-depth understanding of certain Scriptures. Then you said you stopped listening to them after a few months (and this was presumably in your early 20s) because they hated Gentiles.

Next, some months and/or years later, you joined SDAs for a few weeks. There was a squabble between two of the teachers in the church building you went to, and you didn't like that, so you left.

Then you said you studied the Bible on your own for... the next few years? I don't know, I can't really figure this out. You ended by saying you want "like minded individuals to commune with," and so I'm trying to figure out where we are like minded, and the main thing I'm looking for is when/how you were saved.

After this, you responded to Ellie, and said:
I don't recall the exact date when i was born again but I do believe Jesus of Nazareth is the Messiah & that he is the Son of God.
I think this is one of the reasons why Ellie was sending you the book that she recommended because there are millions upon millions of people who believe on Jesus, but are not born again in Him, and as you pointed out, that is why, in the book, I covered the verses on John 8. So to summarize your timeline, it looks like this:

You got introduced to the Bible, but you didn't like what was being taught in the end, so you left, and found someone else, but you didn't like what they were doing, so you left and... now you're saved? ??? When exactly did this conversion happen? No one here is saying you need to come up with a date and say it was March 7th at 4:16 PM -- we were just looking for something general, but I haven't seen it yet.

I understand that you professed your beliefs here:
By faith in Jesus the Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit  I have been able to repent and crucify the old self. I have been able to put off the old self and put on the new man as Paul states in the New Testament. I thank God the Father for imputing Christ's righteousness on me, amazing grace in deed.
But there was something still off because this was almost... how do I phrase this? I guess, cookie-cutter? It's like we're reading the inside of a Hallmark card. It's robotic in a way, almost as if this is not genuine, and just the words you think we want to hear from you. That's why I'm confused. I can see when we ask you basic questions, you begin to answer them very naturally, but then, when you move on to talking about Biblical and spiritual subjects, it's like switch flicks, and you start repeating phrases. This is where I don't feel like I'm talking with a real person, which is not to pay you any insult, but I'm speaking honestly about what I'm seeing.

When I asked you about your definition of repentance, you said you believed it was "turning back from my sinful ways," which is not how the Bible defines it, but it is how those various religious cults (the ones you were involved with) define it because they believe you need to repent to be saved, but the difference is that they believe you must "turn from sin" to be saved, which is works-based false doctrine, and not how the Bible defines repentance.

Then, you mentioned that you had offended God, which is what most churchgoers also believe, and this is why, I think, Rowan asked you if you had any grief of your own? Because that is the definition of repentance.

You then said "Yes, I do have grief of my own" -- but the problem is that it took us weeks to get you to talk about that, and when you did, it was a cookie-cutter, nonchalant response. This is something that should have happened the day you were born again in Jesus Christ, but so far, I'm not seeing any of that, it's like you are repeating the things that you think we want you to say, which is why I've been waiting to give an in-depth response to your posts because I've been waiting to see if I'm misinterpreting this. (I also think that is why not many others have responded to you either.)

You read the book, and I really appreciate your time on that, and you said it was "really good," but where is your repentance in your testimony? Where was the law and guilt and sin and the blood of Christ and the mercies he showed you... there really wasn't any of that. It was just that you repeated lines I think you have probably said to many other people because it's what you think they want to hear, and I think part of that is the corrupt influence you got from the Hebrew-roots and SDA cults.

I'm not saying you have to be any kind of skilled writer, but we have had people come through here that don't write very well, and were still able to express their testimony of repentance and faith, so something about what you're telling us is a bit strange. I know you're not going to like me saying this, but I am not going to sit here and lie to you and tell you that I see the evidence of repentance and faith in your words, when I don't.

The reason it's important that I tell you that is because you said you came here looking for people of like mind. If we don't first verify that we are all of like mind, then you would end up wasting your time, and I don't want you to have to waste your time because I'm sure you have a lot of important work to do, and your time is valuable.

I'll end this post for now and wait for your response.

Ellie

• Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2022, 03:48:03 PM »
I agree with Chris here. I don't personally see a testimony of conversion unto Christ containing repentance (deep sorrow of sin against God) and faith in Jesus Christ. You seem to be a reasonable guy, and I hope you understand that I'm not saying this to offend you. But according to the scriptures, one must be born again in order to enter into the kingdom of God.

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. - John 3:3

While many people don't realize it, beginning to listen to sermons about Jesus, reading the Bible, and going to church buildings isn't what it means to be born again--and according to the scriptures, it is not belief in Jesus Christ alone either. And as Chris explained, based on the timeline of events which you gave to us, it seems that you one day got into some false doctrine of "Hebrew Israelites," moved to another denomination, left it and then studied on your own. This alone does not show any evidence of conversion unto Christ (i.e. being born again through repentance and faith), but rather, it seems that you one day woke up and chose to take up the hobby of learning about the bible and then assumed that you were a Christian at some point along the line. I don't want your time to be wasted here either but I also hope that if possible, if you are one of those who "believe" in Christ but have never been born again, that you might hear the truth here, repent, and have true faith in Christ unto salvation. Because we do not want this to happen to you:

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. - Matthew 27:21-23

Amilcar502

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2022, 01:31:16 AM »
HI Everyone,
Yes, English is not my main language so you might see me struggle to express my thoughts.
The Heberw Isrealites camps I am referring to are the Black Hebrew Isrealites. They came out of the One West Camp in New York
What I meant by "like minded individuals to commune with" was relating to doctrine.
I am not sure exactly when this conversion happened but I did see changes in my life. The more I focused on God and his ways, the less time I focused on sinful things(soft porn, nightclubs, and sinful movies to name a few). Looking back on the sinful life i was living made me tear up at times. How could i offend God in so many ways. What really hit home was knowing that He cared for me even when I did not care about Him. I disrespected him in so many ways, yet He was there to give me another chance to be united with him.
No offense taken and no time wasted.