Author Topic: Scott's Introduction  (Read 1919 times)

Ellie

• Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Elissa
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Scott's Introduction
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2022, 01:29:47 PM »
So rather than praying and responding in the Spirit of Christ, it becomes 100 more points of contention.  The flesh lusts for a lot of things and all of them are evil and at enmity with God. One such lust is to strive and to devour.
I am not your enemy

You are demonstrating further to us with every single one of your responses, that you are unwilling to receive correction on anything, and you have no desire to actually address any of the points made to reason the matter out. It seems that in your eyes, "responding in the Spirit of Christ," is equivalent to "responding in the way that makes Scott feel good, ignoring/justifying his wrongdoings and agreeing with what he says even when he doesn't explain or prove any of his points." Nobody is trying to "strive or devour" you. We're asking you to simply address the points that were made and explain what you believe is the big misunderstanding going on. You said there is a misunderstanding, so you explain it. That shouldn't be a difficult request if you truly have actual reasons for making the claim to begin with. But the longer this is drawn out, the more I am convinced that you never had reasons to begin with which is why you are refusing to explain anything.

Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die. - Proverbs 15:10

You keep repeating the words "I am not your enemy," but your actions are continuing to prove otherwise, so saying that means nothing to us--it's just vanity. If you're going to keep refusing to explain yourself and stand on pretense with meaningless words, then there is literally no point in you being here. I'm not saying that to be harsh--it's just true. Your actions are showing a lack of likemindedness with the rest of us here, and fellowship cannot happen when that is the case. So I hope you will consider either beginning to explain yourself or leaving in peace. If neither of those things happen then you are likely going to be shown the door very soon.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 01:52:45 PM by Ellie »
"Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better." (Ecclesiastes 7:3)

Under Duress

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: -8
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Scott
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2022, 11:13:35 PM »
I did begin to explain myself in my first reply to Christopher. I apologized and corrected my errors and also corrected the errant use of the scriptures that he quoted out of their contexts.  I guess he doesn't like it when someone corrects him because his response was further railing false accusations against me and now it appears more members have come to demand that I answer every one of his fallacious accusations, which multiply every time I respond and none of you can see that this is wrong?  Do you all think that the way I've been treated here is good?
It's usually futile to try to discuss facts and critical analysis with someone that is enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance

Under Duress

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2022, 11:20:31 PM »
Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.
These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.
But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.
But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
And of some have compassion, making a difference:
And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.
It's usually futile to try to discuss facts and critical analysis with someone that is enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance

Under Duress

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2022, 11:23:16 PM »
Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

Under Duress

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2022, 11:26:12 PM »
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Under Duress

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2022, 11:29:57 PM »
Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;
Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.
Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. Num 16:5, 26
But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.
Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.
And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Under Duress

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2022, 07:50:38 AM »
This is going to take some time.  I will begin today, but it may take me a week or so to respond to every point of of the 10,000 words that have been set against me.  I do not have access to a computer at the moment,  so texting on a smartphone and using this forum trying to use the quotations feature is not easy unless I just quote every word altogether

Under Duress

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2022, 08:05:19 AM »
Since everyone that's replied here doesn't see anything wrong with what Christopher had said,  even after I clearly pointed out that the first two scriptures that he used to justify his contention against me were not even applicable to the points that he had made,  and his points were initially misunderstandings, which I explained and yet  he did not even apologize, but further held to his guns that his misunderstanding was my fault and he has done nothing wrong.  Yet I'm the one that's being advised of not being corrected.  This does not seem to be fruitful, so I will begin this second time and see whether you will judge righteously or whether you will judge unrighteously. 
My quotations are going to be copy and paste, not using the features because I've found that to take a lot longer.

Under Duress

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2022, 08:14:17 AM »
I just tried to copy and paste his entire response into this box,  twice and the platform cut it off and does not allow me to access the clipboard on my phone.  It only gives me one option of paste and it looks like the multitude of words in his response were too many for this copy and paste option,  to accept.   The only easy answer that I can see here would be to talk on the phone.  It's much quicker and way more efficient that trying to do this on a keypad.

I'm willing to talk on the phone and maybe do a group call.  Otherwise It's going to be much longer than I thought.  I've already spent several hours on this and so far it's only resulted in many more assumptions and FALSE ACCUSATIONS.  Which is why I specifically asked Christopher if he had the Spirit of Christ,  to pray BEFORE RESPONDING because the Spirit of Christ is not found to lead anyone down this road of entanglement

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2022, 10:33:06 AM »
I did begin to explain myself in my first reply to Christopher.
Let's break this down slowly. That statement is true.

I apologized
That's technically true. You did apologize for one thing in your first response to me, but I didn't believe you had anything to apologize for yet. The problem arose when you started lying towards the end of your first response, and you kept puffing yourself up in subsequent posts.

and corrected my errors
Where? You said "errors" plural. Please list out the errors you corrected; I'd like to see that. Here is the ONLY thing you corrected:
My use of the word "action" was incorrect and a misuse of the word for a general definition. Please forgive my mistake.
And the funny thing is, your "correction" here was your attempt to defend your INCORRECT definition of repentance, and since that point, you have only written complaints, and have NOT been willing to discuss the subject. This is really weird. I've gotten no explanations from you, and laundry list of accusations. I gotta' admit, it is a rare occurrence that we get someone this difficult to have a basic conversation with.

also corrected the errant use of the scriptures that he quoted out of their contexts.
No, you didn't. I used Romans 3 to correct the incorrect statement you made. You refused to acknowledge that you used a context (in your original introduction post) that made your statement incorrect. You also refused to acknowledge when I went back and quoted you and demonstrated it, and that is why I addressed everyone else when I wrote it because I said:
I don't think you're going to listen to me at all on this point, but I'm going to explain it for everyone else's sake.
And here we are. Interesting question for everyone else: How did I know he wouldn't listen? Words have meaning, and there were a lot of indicators in his speech.
But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
-Mat 15:18

I guess he doesn't like it when someone corrects him because his response was further railing false accusations against me and now it appears more members have come to demand that I answer every one of his fallacious accusations, which multiply every time I respond and none of you can see that this is wrong?  Do you all think that the way I've been treated here is good?
Scott: Is lying good, or evil? I know it's simple, but we've gotten to the point that I need to ask you that question because I cannot tell what you believe.

Now, concerning Scott's copy and paste (i.e. spam) of large sections of Scripture... this is completely passive aggressive, and does not demonstrate that he has any knowledge or understanding of the Scriptures he is posting. There is no explanation given to any of the Scripture, nor why he is posting it, in the context of the conversation. He is attempting to give IMPLIED meaning and accusation without explaining himself, and he thinks this justifies him. Any of us here could copy and paste chapters of Scripture, but there is no point to it in conversation unless there is explanation to go along with it. This passive aggressiveness is what the Bible calls murmuring, or a complain half-suppressed, and God hates that:
Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.
-1Co 10:10

So now Scott is starting to cross the line into spam, which is a violation of the rules of our forum. I'm trying to be longsuffering here, but my patience is wearing thin.

This is going to take some time.  I will begin today, but it may take me a week or so to respond to every point of of the 10,000 words that have been set against me.  I do not have access to a computer at the moment,  so texting on a smartphone and using this forum trying to use the quotations feature is not easy unless I just quote every word altogether
That's understandable. I am at a computer, but I have spent many hours this week working on these responses to you, and it's taking up my time with work I need to do for new teachings I'm publishing. However, I will simplify this for you in three points, so perhaps it is easier to respond.

1. Do you believe that the word 'repent' means "to turn from sin" AND/OR "to change one's mind?" This question is the MOST IMPORTANT of the three, and I'll explain why later.

2. Concerning the word 'Christian' and its use, you said:
I noticed that there have been others that have come here with a similar conviction and were not welcomed.
http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=1628.msg13644#msg13644
I told you that you needed to provide evidence to back up your statement. How many others? Please provide the links and quotes so we can all see the evidence you gathered. I'm still waiting for that because you have not provided it. If you cannot back that up with evidence, then you lied (as I pointed out) and made a false accusation.

3. Concerning the same topic, you said:
I did wonder if this would become a point of contention, which I do not want. I am a born again believer in Jesus Christ,  the Lord.  If someone wants to call me a Christian,  then so be it.
Not only did you bring up the subject more than once, but you went onto this forum searching for the topic to read other threads about it, and then you commented on threads that were years old to bring up the subject again. Thus, I pointed out that you lied:
That's not what you believe. If your belief was "so be it," then you wouldn't have brought it up in the first place and made a big deal out of it, and you wouldn't have hunted down other threads with that topic and commented on them.
My question: Why are you lying to us?

I would like you to respond to those three points, if you are willing. If you respond by spamming chapters of Scripture with no explanations, or complaining about how mistreated you are, I will ban you myself. Have a great rest of your day. :)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 10:36:55 AM by creationliberty »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2022, 10:44:47 AM »
Scott lied again:
his points were initially misunderstandings, which I explained and yet  he did not even apologize

No problem; I'm sorry if I got the wrong impression somewhere; maybe we can figure this out.
http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=1628.msg13649#msg13649

Because you kept lying, I am now only going to give you one more post Scott. That's all the opportunity I'm going to give you to respond to the three points I made to you above. If you cannot do that, I'm showing you the door. I have stated in my teachings more than once that I cannot have conversation with people who lie to me and others to save face.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 10:54:09 AM by creationliberty »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Under Duress

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2022, 07:36:30 PM »
Just delete my account. Maybe one day,  instead of wanting to strive and debate over what repentance is,  your heart will understand. 

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 157
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2022, 08:47:38 PM »
He is banned now.

I wanted to refrain from saying anything until he gave his last post so that he wouldn't use my reply as an excuse to get out of answering the specific points Chris made. One thing I noticed the other day was his signature that's below each of his posts. It reads:

If I remember correctly, this was not how his signature read prior to people challenging his doctrine. I believe he changed his signature to what it reads now in response to that challenge which shows the pride he really has in his heart. It's obvious to me that his signature is directed towards Chris.

Some in the church were discussing a bit about how he is using the excuse of texting on a smartphone as a way to complain about having to explain himself, yet he didn't have a problem quoting large portions of Scripture or writing his past replies. It's conveniently a problem when he has to give an answer for himself. I particularly noticed that he exaggerates that he has to "respond to every point of the 10,000 words" that were pointed out to him. He make this exaggeration in order to make it look like we were being completely unreasonable to simply ask him to explain what he was talking about. I think this is because he knew he couldn't give a good explanation and he was setting up a time frame of a week to answer because he needed the time to think about how he was going to worm his way out of the situation he got himself into. It was all deception, yet he said:

I will pray on this matter and provide all things honestly in the sight of God and man.

This is just another lie that he told because he just ended up leaving in the end.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2022, 09:52:31 PM »
Nothing else to say because Tim nailed it.

If anyone wants more evidence of Scott's hypocrisy, you can see here that he made long posts with many details when talking about Covid:
http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=1630.msg13618#msg13618
But when asked about his beliefs, he tucked tail and ran, while lying and falsely accusing us for daring to question him.

Here's another example where he was also using italics for specific quotes, and he knew how to utilize the "Scripture" button at the top to highlight Bible text:
http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?topic=1631.msg13620#msg13620
But suddenly those things became too complicated for him when we dared to question him, and miraculously, he could not find the time all week long. ???

someguy85

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 71
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Chris
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2022, 09:14:15 AM »
Pride, unfortunately a prime indicator as to who stands where. A second is when someone uses a line that insinuates everyone else is wrong next to their opinion as opposed to actually saying "the bible says" in no uncertain terms.

Sorry I'm late to the forum on this one, saw his original post and something didn't sit quite right on a quick skim through, was hoping it was just me missing something. I know all understanding comes through the Holy Spirit but I still look and think the bible is written as simply as it can be, but people still love trying to complicate it.

State of our current world I suppose :(

2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

And yes, that is the god of this world...not "the god of this age" as so many modern version love to try and insinuate.
Romans: {11:3} Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. {11:4} But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to [the image of] Baal.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2022, 09:50:45 AM »
Sorry I'm late to the forum on this one, saw his original post and something didn't sit quite right on a quick skim through, was hoping it was just me missing something.
A lot of us here do not speak rashly, and go quiet when we see some things that are odd, even if we do not know how to explain them yet. I didn't respond to him initially either; as you can tell if you go look at the timeline. That is usually how you know that a number of us see something wrong with a new member; days go by and no one says anything, typically because they're waiting to see what someone else might say to them, or what the new member might say or do.

I'll give you an example. His first post was on Nov 28th. Tonya responded to him on Dec 5th, a week later, and he responded later that day, indicating that he was checking the forum daily that whole time. No one said a word for an entire week. Of course, you will have to ask everyone else their particular reasoning for that, but the first major red flag for me was his response to her, in which he started out saying:
"Thank you for welcoming me, Tonya"

I would presume the average person would not see anything wrong with his response. However, I thought about my perspective if I were joining, and I would wonder if anyone was active on the forum after a week of hearing nothing. Maybe there were not many people on it. I might even think that I did something wrong, or perhaps no one saw my post. However, those thoughts are analytical to factual data (i.e. objective thinking), and also inward judgment that I might be the cause of a problem.

These were NOT Scott's first thoughts. His first thought was more along the lines of, "It is wrong for these people not to welcome me in. Don't they understand how great I am? I will compliment this woman who did, so others will feel bad for not doing so." And the results of his attitude were seen the second he was challenged on something. Just look at my first response to him and tell me if you saw anything that was rude or unreasonable. In Scott's mind, he is holy, righteous, and intelligent, and if someone pulls the red carpet out of from under him by daring to question him, he will look down his nose at them as unholy people that are not worth his time.

Think about this for a moment: What if I am a false convert? What if there are others here who are false converts? Why would he not want to reason with us in order that we might be saved? However, people like Scott do not think like that because, typically, they do not carry understanding of the Word of God like they claim to.

He then did a lot of grandstanding, in which he was trying to make himself out to be some intellectually superior person that all of us should respect. He ended his (faulty) definition of repentance with the following words: "I prefer to have my faith built up in accordance with the knowledge of God's words."

To me, that was a strange addition. Instead of looking to see if Tonya agreed with his explanation, he started talking about his "preferences." We are called to following the doctrines of Jesus Christ in His Word. It is NOT a personal preference issue, so why would he say that he "prefers" it?

Furthermore, it was really weird because if you are coming to a place where everyone else claims to adhere to the Word of God, why would you need to say that? Would not your words and actions reflect that automatically? For example, if you went to a restaurant with a bunch of friends, and one of them said, "I prefer to eat food at this restaurant," would you not be confused by that statement? Is that not the reason you all came to the restaurant?

Scott speaks with a lot of pomp. So, to me, it was fairly clear from the start what he was doing, and I was not sure if he was just going to leave on his own because, often, someone who does not get attention will just depart to a place where he can get more of it. However, he kept pushing with us for a reason that I could only guess, but never know for sure (nor could I ask him because he is a proven liar).

We are typically more welcoming to an atheist than we are to a "Christian" who feigns humility. At least the atheist is more forthcoming with what he believes, even if he deceives himself. Each one of them thinks we cannot tell who they are by what they say, but we practice patience with them anyway in hope that they might be willing to hear the truth, just as the Lord has been patient with us. It is only when they start lying and railing that we have to cut things off.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 09:53:04 AM by creationliberty »

someguy85

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 71
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Chris
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2022, 01:05:33 PM »
Well it's not like you and others didn't try and reason things out, but sad to say some people just can't be told. Didn't exactly help his case when he started spamming comments as opposed to answering everyone in just the one post. It's definitely a tell-tale sign though, when someone doesn't have an argument, they start either blatantly lying or throwing out insults, if they had a founded argument, then most of the time they'd be able to state their case reasonably (I'm sure there are people out there who have correct information but don't know how to convey it or get frustrated easily, and I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt). Also helps to go into a conversation with the concept that the person you're talking to may know something you don't, but don't always take things at face value either.

Just for the record, I know I too sometimes answer within a few hours, but that's because I keep a tab open on my browser and check it every so often when I'm at my PC on the weekend...hope it doesn't come across as annoying, but I do enjoy the interactions I've had on here, it's a gift from God to be able to discuss certain topics that are commonly shunned, or discuss biblical topics with other people who know something about scripture.
Romans: {11:3} Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. {11:4} But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to [the image of] Baal.