Author Topic: New to creation liberty  (Read 609 times)

Btrudy

• Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: -2
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Bill
  • Belief: Christian
New to creation liberty
« on: December 13, 2022, 03:28:07 AM »
Hi all! My name is bill, and im looking forward to some fellowship with like minded believers. I don’t have a church to attend. Ive tried many, and all were diametrically opposed to biblical standards. I need fellowship, and that’s why im here. I was born again at 21 years of age. Since that time I’ve spent 22 years in the US Navy, and retired in 2003. Since retirement I’ve been in and out of church after church. It’s been a harsh realization for me that All were 501c3 buildings with the state as their god. I look forward to sharing, and growing here.

Bill

PS please pray for me
« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 03:36:45 AM by Btrudy »
Share your Christian testimony. Use words if necessary.

someguy85

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 71
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Chris
Re: New to creation liberty
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2022, 04:48:50 AM »
Hi Bill, good to meet you.

I've had the same problem with church buildings, where they may as well be country clubs for all they care about doctrine. Latest one was a pastor who basically said he wasn't going to debate if Christmas was pagan or not, didn't believe it was, and wanted me to watch a video about the "other side of the argument".

501c.3 is kind of the same red flag, it's not the cause of doctrinal problems, it's a symptom of a much deeper problem. Interesting that most who cling to one or the other or various other worrying/leavened traditions will also abandon teaching the proper definition and need for repentance too...after that, well, what foundation do they have?

Look forward to more discussions on the rest of the forum  :) God bless you.
Romans: {11:3} Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. {11:4} But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to [the image of] Baal.

Ellie

• Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Elissa
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2022, 07:36:18 AM »
Hi Bill. Thanks for being upfront about your reasoning for being here, that's good to know. I am curious how did you find CLE? Are there any teachings that you have gone through which stand out to you? And also, would you mind giving us some detail about when you were born again at 21?
"Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better." (Ecclesiastes 7:3)

Btrudy

• Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2022, 03:55:21 PM »
Hi! So far, every subject/teaching I’ve read about here speaks to me. I like the fact that things are discussed/taught here i never hear about anywhere else. The truth certainly isn’t popular in our time.
Im not exactly sure how i discovered creationliberty. I just came across it while reading about things. Maybe i was lead here!
I grew up in a fairly large family on a large farm in Indiana. I had a fairly troublesome child hood. Like most do I suppose. After graduating high school i began to question what life was about. I knew there had to be more to it than what i was doing. I guess you could say that I became painfully aware that my life had no meaning, or direction. I began to search, and met an old time backwoods preacher, and speaking with him made me curious. So, i began to read and study the bible. Suddenly, it was revealed to me that the world is an arena where good and evil are being played out. I began to understand that God was in control of it all, and that my life could have meaning, and purpose. My old life passed away, and all things had become new.

Rowan M.

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 63
    • View Profile
    • Isaiah 42:12 Blog
  • First Name: Rowan
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2022, 04:45:11 AM »
I began to understand that God was in control of it all, and that my life could have meaning, and purpose. My old life passed away, and all things had become new.

Bill, discovering that your life can have meaning and purpose is not how one becomes a Christian. Many people have joined other religions, or even joined cults, because the doctrines and rituals of those religions or cults gave their lives meaning and purpose.

When studying the Bible, did you, at any stage, come to understand what sin is, and that you are yourself a sinner and in trouble with God as a result?
Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth (John 17:17)

Btrudy

• Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2022, 05:25:54 AM »
Hi Rowan! You’re statement is true, and thank you for asking. Yes, the more time I spent in the word the more convicted of my sin I became. The more convicted I became the more guilt I carried. Finally, i came to realize the only way to be free from it all was through Jesus and the blood he shed for me. God had provided a path to redemption through His son Jesus Christ.

Rowan M.

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 63
    • View Profile
    • Isaiah 42:12 Blog
  • First Name: Rowan
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2022, 05:32:22 AM »
Hi Rowan! You’re statement is true, and thank you for asking. Yes, the more time I spent in the word the more convicted of my sin I became. The more convicted I became the more guilt I carried. Finally, i came to realize the only way to be free from it all was through Jesus and the blood he shed for me. God had provided a path to redemption through His son Jesus Christ.

Many thanks for your reply, Bill. Appreciate it. That sounds quite good. Would you mind telling us your understanding of repentance?
Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth (John 17:17)

Btrudy

• Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2022, 06:32:32 AM »
Certainly! Before one can repent they have to come to the realization of their sins, and be convicted of them. The more convicted I became the harder i tried taking responsibility for them. Not sure how long this went on, but it was awhile. I thought i had to find a way to make it ok. I was crushed mentally and emotionally. I came to realize (and accept)  I hadn’t the ability within me to make things right. I was struggling! As I continued reading my bible I began to focus more on Jesus Christ, and understand what exactly it was that He did and why it was necessary.  I realized I was helpless and hopeless to do anything to remedy my sin, and that He was my only hope. Just recounting the experience makes me thankful, and is humbling to the point of tears.