Author Topic: Hello there  (Read 910 times)

MorgananAntoinette

• Newly Registered (Forum LVL 0)
  • Edification: 4
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Morgan
  • Belief: Other
Hello there
« on: January 22, 2023, 05:42:37 PM »
 Hi all! My name is Morgan, I am 37 year old follower of Christ who was converted and ushered into the family of our Lord and Savior on Sept. 12th 2020. I know many people had a rough go in 2020, but that tumultuous year was the most standout time in my entire existence, bringing salvation, light of Christ’s love and redemption into my wretched existence. A bit on my background and upbringing to paint a picture of where I come from and how I saw life...

I was raised a middle daughter of three girls, both parents worked incessantly (40+ hours a week, easily!) and my father’s mama, my Nana,  lived with us since well before I was born. We were raised according to Nana’s religion, Catholic, and attended mass every Sunday in a CA Mission built in 1797. My sisters and I were the first female aler servers at this ‘church’ and this became an odd point of pride in our family and a bone of contention with the visiting bishops, priests and Monseigneurs that would come to the Mission De San Juan Bautista to proceed over the services (no girls allowed!).
 As a kiddo, I had a number of interesting and even frightening experiences in that old building... Spiritual warfare and demonic attacks in my opinion. I will post more on those later, but suffice it to say, I never felt comfortable or safe in this place, and saw my mother, who was raised a staunch Pentecostal-cum-Charismatic battling to have her ego stroked in her role as an “Eucharistic minister” and Lector there.
 We were presided over by a homosexual priest who used members of this church as pawns in his social hierarchy games within the congregation, pitting members against members for gossip leverage and petty in-fighting. As a child, I this felt this sinful, destructive and confusing atmosphere affect me, as even the alter server-children were used in the family-against-family, dichotomous dynamic, where back biting and egos abounded. Eventually, I stopped alter serving and attending church all together. I felt adrift and disconnected, bored and lost. My parents were (and in my truly honest, loving and humble assessment) are still LOST.

As I matured into my late teens, I thought to myself- “If this is what church/ Christianity/ God looks like, I don’t want any part of it”. I lumped my broken and flawed experiences of all I had seen and felt from the Catholic ‘church’ and the abuse I suffered at the hands of my mother, as the only possible outcome of a  “God-centered religion” and ran as far and hard in the other direction as possible. I wanted control, power over my own life and to escape the narcissistic control my mother flexed over her daughters. Her lack of empathy, abuse suffered in her own childhood, and broken relationship with her own mother, ended up alienating her away from her own daughters. Then add to that, the fact that she felt we loved Nana more... 
  Nana, while considering herself Catholic, was a different breed of woman- God fearing, truly old school, considerate of God’s will before her own and always present with tough but unconditional love, made the juxtaposition of our mother’s unhappiness and need for control through tyranny, even more sharp in it’s sting.

My father was a man in a home of all women, often gone working or hunting, playing basketball or baseball, or in the garage wood working or carving wooden decoys (He competes in art decoy carving competitions at a world level and so was deeply involved/absorbed. Both parents felt very far away from me emotionally. I was diagnosed with type one diabetes at age 9 and was treated as though I would shatter to pieces if I wasn’t held under strict control of my parent’s stringent rules-
rules enforced out of anger, in fear of losing me or harm occurring, yet no actual sincere involvement in my health aside from taking me to doctor appointments where my mother would be defensive and think she knew better than the physicians & then yelling when I messed up as a kid struggling with a life altering, chronic illness. I was often “grounded” to ensure they could keep me home or from going out to play or sleep over at anyone’s home, so as to assuage their worry but not connect with me at all.
  As kiddos, we were to be seen, not heard, and we were often “prayed” over in my parent’s beliefs of getting rid of illness, righting what they disdained in our attitudes, or “exorcising demons” out of us, while my mother proclaimed to have “healing hands”, speak in tongues or pronounce fresh prophecies after “hearing a word directly from the Lord”.

All of this power seeking and ego driven “sorcery” led me and my younger sister to eventually become interested in witchcraft, divination, tarot cards and all sorts of dark, small minded modalities- essentially rejecting all notions of what we thought “god” was and trying to establish some sense of order by our own means. We hid this from our parents, thinking we were being connected to nature spirits, powers of “goddess energy” and the like. We would attend local wiccan coven meetings together after moving away from our family and living together in Seattle. I made alters to the elements, nature and aspects of spirituality read about in pagan traditions. I did only one spell in my time of “practicing the craft” to bind a roommate whom was terrorizing me, justifying it as “grey/neutral magic to balance out the negative  energy” she brought into the home with drugs and rage. ( I have since been given a repentant and deeply sorrowful understanding on how far gone I was and have asked to be forgiven over my sins and blasphemous living, praise God!).
 Back then, I did yoga, tried astral travel, prided myself on my “open mindedness”/weirdness/free spirit, took psychedelic drugs occasionally; bought book after book on witchcraft of all kinds; I was convinced I was part of a long line of witches as my mother’s name is Diana and my sister, Tara, was another goddess from Hindu belief while thinking I was some “reincarnated form of Morgan Le Fey”. (I know, I was detestable! I can hardly type this without cringing at my old self).
  I saw my mother practicing her own form of divination through her Charas-mania “church” groups where women would meet to discern images and words inside of envelopes to develop their “spiritual gifts” and prophesy words over one another, painting on canvases the visions “God gave them” and participating in the Bethel church of Redding’s SOZO groups.  My whole life was steeped in lies, wickedness and lack of true discernment in any way, shape or form. We were all deluded, thinking we were correct and the others were wrong in their beliefs.

Eventually in 2016, I moved back to CA to assist in providing hospice care for Nana, now 92, who was dying from kidney failure. She and I had so much time to simply sit and connect, talk and share our beliefs with one another. She had long since stopped attending Catholic mass, instead preferring to read her Bible, pray and meditate on her life and the blessings of the Lord. 
 I watched her descend into a stupor towards the end of her time on earth and eventually saw her lose her ability to maintain lucidity. She watched things we couldn’t see, going from a sweet, intelligent and mindful patient in bed to a stark, stricken woman seeing things not of this world. At one point she started speaking after she had had not for a few days & awoke from a coma like state where she was repeating over and over “No! No, NO NO, NO!” to whomever she was looking at in the corner of the room. I sincerely think God knew her, saw her heart and gave her the opportunity of repent and deny the Catholic doctrines she was raised on and accept Christ before she passed shortly thereafter. If this is not what happened, I accept that, but living with this woman, I know she ascribed to following the Lord over man’s doctrines wholeheartedly. 

In 2020, I was floundering in life, always angry, irate at everything and always feeling like others around me were annoying and small minded.
 To distract myself and feel “better” I had been volunteering my time to assist a blind family friend in learning how to use her new smart phone and during those visits she would minister her beliefs of the Lord to me. God was softening my hard-heart during this time... a week later. on my father’s birthday, while trying to complete a video I wanted to make him and present to our family, I was having difficulty after difficulty, issue after issue, in getting everything to pan out the way I desired. I decided to take a break and go get coffee in town and refresh myself. While I drove, I turned on a random video suggested to me on YouTube that was “calming” due to the cadence of an older gentleman’s English accent, “unintentional ASMR” it was called- and heard this man speaking on Christ and being raised Christian in the English countryside as a boy.
  As I drove, feeling angry at traffic, annoyed at the late summer heat and feeling cagey, the Lord graciously broke my heart open and nudged my mind open to His Will. In an instant I realized that as smart as I always felt, as “open minded” as I regarded myself, I had never considered a way to truly know God beyond the broken, small minded ideas I held for my whole life. I saw how I cut off an entire world of spirituality and possibility, holding onto only my own stupid “rationality”, halting any healing I sought and blocking any knowing of the love of God in my own selfishness. God put upon my mind and heart a deep sorrow for how limiting and foolish I had lived. How disingenuous and blind I was! 

I started praying immediately as I drove, at first for the Lord to come into my life, into my heart, to fill me with His Spirit- a broken and honest prayer in needing a Father, a parental relationship and TRUE saving that I couldn’t get and didn’t have from any earthly relationship. I see now how I was still praying out of selfishness, but in that moment, it turned into repentance; an overwhelming sense of sorrow (and even a welcoming of/at that sorrow!), happiness in the clarity of seeing how wretched I was and still am in needing Christ, a Savior- THE SAVIOR, in my life.

As I drove, the traffic around me cleared, the lights were all green, others ushered me ahead of them at four-way stops and the weight of my anger and resentment to everything and everyone cleared. I wouldn’t have believed it if it wasn’t happening to me in that moment. 

Once I got home, I sat outside on my balcony and wept and prayed and marveled at the graciousness and loving kindness of God as He gave me His vision of myself in His truth- the awareness of how sick I was, how desperately I needed Him & like a tidal wave, I felt crushed and adored all at once in how low I was in reality, yet how saved in that moment by no longer wanting sin, witchcraft, fallen world lies and the ways of the enemy in this broken system of man. I was washed clean over and over with renewed clarity on the multitude of sins I needed forgiveness in, seeing I the unending line of choices I made against my Creator, and I was plastered to the floor with tears and mourning over how much life I had wasted in chasing empty and selfish means to feel better in my life. I saw choice after choice I had willfully made to put distance and enmity between myself and God. 

After that weekend, I shared with the Christian woman I was assisting, what had happened. She rejoiced and danced and hugged me, urging me to share with my family what had transpired.  I shared with my dad, then my mother, (whom flatly stated she “knew already because she can sense these things from God”), & then called my older sister and told her as well. The joy and love from the other “believers” in my immediate family was lovely and fun to experience after feeling their standoffishness and always being the “black sheep” in their midst, yet it was short lived. 

Now, to be perfectly honest, I was reborn yet not out of the woods. I was swept into the their beliefs as they tried to teach me and show me what they thought of as a ‘proper’ walk with the Lord. My father was a stoic and hands off Christian, attending church when he  wasn’t working or hunting, tithing and listening to sermons, never opening a bible, doing the bare minimum only to wanna get home quickly after the services to relax most of the day and watch sports or movies for hours before having to get ready for the next work week. My mother was zealous for all kinds of zany and satanic, dogmatic beliefs in her new age Christianity modalities and I felt something was amiss. 

I stopped attending their church building with them to find my own, soon realizing that there was no place I felt really led by any other groups or congregation in true bible preaching, discernment or grounded doctrines. I went to Presbyterian churches only to find they had “Scripture Yoga” classes, “The Chosen” watch-parties, alter calls and pagan holiday traditions- I was even hired immediately at this church as their Children’s’ Ministry Director, a clear red flag as they new full well I had only recently turned to the Lord! I flitted from Bapttist church building to building, nondenominational to Protestant. Eventually, most recently, I went to a Pentecostal church who demanded high tithes, had women’s prayer groups where wailing and hollering and walking in circles while praying in tongues wasn’t just the norm, but seen as a status of being in-dwelt by the Holy Spirit; love bombing, time adulteration, false teachings on finances and prosperity, and here, lots of the “clergy” went wild in laying on of hands to heal me of my juvenile diabetes and kidney failure, providing “anointed cloths with healing oil” to me to put on my body, yet ultimately stating I didn’t have enough faith if I wasn’t seeing miracles and to stop refusing the gifts of God I could find there. 

I quickly saw how flawed and broken these churches are, how worldly and undiscerning. Praise God, He kept me on the path of urgently and sincerely seeking HIM, His will and not being pulled asunder. I read my bible, studied scripture and sought out answers in online ministries, praying and looking for a church or group that resembled the church in Acts, a Bible teaching, scripture espousing body of Christ that righteously and non-superficially taught God’s living word. I count it a true miracle the quickening that God has instilled in me, a holy gift I wouldn’t have even know how to ask for let alone the thing to pray for in the level of awareness and discernment He has provided. For a while, I felt very alone, frustrated towards the lies these other churches taught and at times even wondered if I should have been ashamed I couldn’t speak up and rebuke them openly in what they purveyed; yet... grateful all at the same time in my God-provided views of knowing there was more to be done for the Lord, more to see and learn, to seek Him earnestly and that is where I found Creation Liberty’s videos on YouTube. 

I have been watching these teachings and reading the articles for about a year. These articles and videos have profoundly helped m in transforming my walk in seeking to use Christ’s example and commandments in my life. To live biblically.I have been able to know and stand in and share the truth of scripture more readily after having the scales lifted off my eyes, by the grace of God. I cannot overstate how grateful I am to be led to this body of believers by the hand of God on me.
  I am sorry this “intro” turned into a massive wall of text. Feel free to reach out to me with questions or comments if you feel so moved or to offer info or rebuke on anything I’ve stated here, as I am still a young follower of Christ and want only to please the Lord in what I do, share and think. Thank you for being here for reading this and I look forward to connecting with you guys. 
God Bless and may you see the Will and Graciousness of the Almighty LORD in your own life.

Timothy

• Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 157
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Timothy
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Hello there
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2023, 07:48:25 PM »
Welcome to the forum Morgan. For some reason, I've always enjoyed testimonies of salvation from people who have come out of witchcraft. I think it's because people like you can more easily see the witchcraft practices that are adopted in today's "christianity." I'm curious to see some of the discussion you'd bring on some of those topics having had so much experience in that. Even though those things are understandably abhorrent to you now, having been through it you're more likely to spot certain things that others might not see right away. Based on what you've told us, it seems it's already helped you to steer away from a lot of those church buildings and avoid becoming prey to their false doctrines. I'm glad that's the case seeing you've tried so many different places and have seen the leaven before getting deceived into following their doctrines.

Ellie

• Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Elissa
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2023, 08:14:10 PM »
Hi Morgan. It was nice to read your testimony. I came out of some of the strange charismatic/Pentecostal beliefs that you spoke of so that was familiar to me. I came out from them and learned the truth about what we were participating in, and was broken at how wicked I was for being a part of it. I agree with Tim that I'm sure your experience in witchcraft allowed you to see the strange practices in the Pentecostal churches much easier. One of the biggest things that stood out to me when I was learning about the truth of what I was participating in with that group, was that we were actually practicing divination and I was around someone who was trying to teach us to essentially astral project into "God's courtroom" or something like that for some weird form of prayer. It's basically pagan witchcraft practices that just replace other gods with their version of "jesus."

I found it interesting that the prayer in the car, you admit that it was a selfish prayer, but God did give you repentance and you had the understanding that you were wicked and in need of a savior at that point. I love reading those parts of people's testimonies, I teared up a bit as you were explaining it because I understand that brokenness and sorrow you described. Many of us go through similar things after getting saved where we want to find a good church to be a part of, but everywhere you turn there's just many denominations of diverse forms of wickedness, contradictions, and false doctrines. I'm glad you found CLE though and that it's helped you.

I am from California too originally, just out of curiosity (if you are ok sharing) what area are you from? I was in Northern California in the greater Sacramento area, and I moved to Alabama a couple years ago. And I was also curious what teaching has helped you the most from CLE? The repentance teaching was really significant to me and the "Why Millions" one too because after I was saved I came across so many false doctrines about salvation and repentance and I really wanted to be sure I was saved, but the false doctrine that claims repentance is a change of mind or turning from sin simply didn't make sense, but I didn't find people teaching that it is godly sorrow till I found CLE. So once I understood the true meaning of repentance I was able to understand what had happened to me on the day I finally wept in sorrow over my sin and realized my wickedness before God. It was also very helpful to understand the difference between a true Christian and a false convert. So much scripture just opens up to you once you understand those things. Anyway, welcome, and I hope you find fellowship here if that's what you're looking for! :)
"Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better." (Ecclesiastes 7:3)

MorgananAntoinette

• View Profile
Wow
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2023, 12:32:22 AM »
 Timothy and Ellie-
Thank you for your replies and encouragement. You have no idea how the enemy started working on my mind after posting that! Seeing your messages here is resounding, as I started to overthink and doubt myself, worrying I had overshared and made a fool of myself. I aim to glorify God and will try to be more concise in future posts. I am super grateful to hear other’s testimonies as well and agree with you, Ellie, that those who come from the paths of paganism are often keenly aware of the subtile and subtle ways the enemy tries to slither into “Christian church buildings” and infiltrate using mystical and emotional means.  As for my location, I’m just south of the Silicon Valley/ Bay Area.  (i know, yikes!)  :-X
 Looking forward to learning and growing here, feeling blessed in the discernment and strength I’m seeing in the other posts and grateful I will have some fellowship alongside brothers and sisters.
“Iron sharpeneth iron; So a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.”
Proverbs‬ ‭27:17

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2023, 03:17:38 PM »
Welcome from me too Morgan.  That was a brilliant read and certainly wasn't too long.  It's always interesting to read others experiences and their account of how they came to repentance and found true salvation in Christ.  I hope with us here you have finally found what you were looking for.  It is refreshing to find somewhere that has true Bible teaching and none of the dishonesty and manipulations that goes on in the usual church buildings.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 03:22:47 PM by anvilhauler »
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Rowan M.

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 63
    • View Profile
    • Isaiah 42:12 Blog
  • First Name: Rowan
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2023, 08:54:54 AM »
Hello and welcome, Morgan.

It sounds like we may have fairly similar types of mothers. My mother has also been abusive and controlling while purportedly being "religious" (I remember one thing she used to do was play "Christian" music loudly to "drive the Devil out", and she was fond of repetitive prayer too). She did a lot for me, but that was all a ploy to make me dependent on her (it worked too well for too long). If I tried to stand up to her, she would accuse me of letting the Devil have his way and say we needed to do things God's way (which in reality meant her way).

Reading about your experiences with witchcraft and observations of your mother's "Charismaniac" practices, it struck me that many practices in the Pentecostal and Charismatic churches are really just witchcraft too! The only difference is that they try to put a "Christian" veneer on their witchcraft in much the same way that the Roman Catholic Church (which I see you also had experience of) tries to make all its pagan traditions and activities seem "Christian".

I'm not very familiar with ASMR, so have been getting up to speed on it. Was this something you did as part of your witchcraft? The reason I ask is that ASMR seems to be quite popular with witches. For example, this page (which, be warned, is from a site for a witchcraft magazine - you might even know of it) shows the extent to which witches like to use ASMR - http://www.lunalunamagazine.com/dark/asmr-for-witches

I am aware though that people who have no involvement at all with witchcraft can use ASMR. As far as I can tell, it's possible to experience it without trying if you get the right sort of stimuli. I don't think it's necessarily an occult practice, but it's interesting that witches seem to like it so much.

Don't worry about the length of your first post. As others have said, it was a good read. And compared to my first couple of posts here, it was pretty short, really!  :D
Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth (John 17:17)

someguy85

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 71
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Chris
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2023, 10:43:36 AM »
hi Morgan, welcome to your new family in Christ :)

No, your introduction wasn't too long at all, thanks for being open about your past, not sure if if something that'll affect you like it has done me a few times, but once your born again, you aren't that person anymore. I sunk into messing around with witchcraft in my younger years with a woman I was with at the time, and I can say whole heartedly now I regret ever being involved in it, it's not only sin but it's a complete deception.

One thing I think I wasn't prepared for though was trying to talk to a lot of professing christians about anything related to witchcraft and how a lot of their traditions have borrowed from pagan practices/catholocism or outright stolen them and tried to claim them as "christian". Most people don't want to discuss it and are just outright willingly blind to any warnings you try and give them, even when you have first hand experience. It can be difficult to be patient with people who will not just ignore anything you have to say about it but also those who will actively chide and scold you for daring to question their traditions.

Stay safe, and God bless you :)
Romans: {11:3} Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. {11:4} But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to [the image of] Baal.

MorgananAntoinette

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2023, 08:54:11 PM »
Rowan, someguy85, amd anvilhauler- I sincerely appreciate these warm greetings and the assurance that my post wasn’t a winding ramble! Your replies and insights help me feel welcome & connected.   :)
Everything I have been studying here in the articles, the information discussed on the topic forums, and the messages being shared, has only serves to really solidify my gratitude in finding a sound spiritual family I can learn from.

While i do love and appreciate the blood family God has put me in to learn and grow from, (even if that means an understanding in what to discern and avoid, to lead by example in and to speak out against, in boldness), it is a cherished gift to find those who can help me hone my abilities to seek God and correctly apply His word IN CONTEXT. I am not someone who does things halfway and to be filled with the convictions I have, I see how lukewarm and half hearted many false converts around me, live and act. I pour out my heart in prayer for these people and have recently been given more repentance & understanding as I pray, reflect and read my bible.

I desire to give as much of this life back to my creator who loaned me this earthly time and to honor Christ in everything I say, do, peruse and think. I fear the Lord as deeply as I love Him & find more joy as of late in giving myself to Him in everything He allows me to do- whether vacuuming, doing a chore for someone, reading His word or sharing the gospel- it is all for Him. And Christ lives in me as I choose to set my eyes upon Him. To intentionally seek to devote my actions to the Lord, in the patience and joy of my work, I’m seeing those moments yield so much depth and light in my heart that I have never known before! Scripture comes alive with meaning previously unfathomed, prayer is a living conversation; even breathing or eating become thoughtful acts that renew my wonder in being alive both physically and spiritually, giving me pause to see how DEAD i was before Christ lifted me out of my wicked life of fleshly focus.
 I agree wholeheartedly that my old life is gone, washed clean in the blood of Christ and I am renewed every time  I turn the eyes of my heart to Him, earnestly asking for forgiveness and repenting. Repentance is sorta like a purge that seems so daunting, yet once I do it, falling on my knees in sincere grief, the Lord is so gracious to swiftly allow me to see the destitution of my old sins, the valley, the chasms, He has raised me out of, and I want nothing to do with those broken beliefs and old ways EVER again. That crushes me with so much love, and I see it all comes from Christ, not me. It is not my will, but the will of our Father in me that grants me perspective and understanding. I desire nothing more than to live in that prosperity of His presence, that spiritual home that forgives and instructs and rebukes in love. Praise His name always and rejoice in His loving grace and mercy!

On the topic of my life in witchcraft, I need to be transparent- I was a very “lazy pagan”. I bought books I would skim through, collect items & use pagan/witch tools as quick fixes, superficially apply my time and energies to these rituals but was always “bored”. I wanted a quick, surface level flash of entertainment and to be lifted up in the ego... I would do things for a feel good moment, then stop reading/ applying myself, delving into the newest angle or fad I sought out in the pagan realm. I would easily move on from one modality to the next- green witchcraft, kitchen/herb craft, meditation, crystals, spirit animals, brain wave sciences, lucid dreaming work, sabbat observances, occult and secret society research....on and on, but only at a shallow level of adherence. I would flit from one thing to the next, feeling bored and frustrated as nothing seemed to fit what i thought “esoteric knowledge” would bring me. I was a bottomless pit of ego, longing, ignorance and dissatisfaction. I was my own worst enemy, playing into Satan’s lies of “more is better”. I had chained myself to the unforgiving world beliefs of gaining wisdom and ‘stuff’ to make me whole. I was tragic.

ASMR came later, around 2016, after using self-hypnotism techniques so often, I couldn’t fall asleep without listening to the guided, spoken audios to shut my mind off. I started using ASMR to distract me, calm my angry internal self dialogue. These were very egoic, superficial ways of focusing on the temporal, the self & the feelings; emotions and feelings and senses the enemy would play on to cause me frustration, because all I knew was the flesh. My spirit was dead in being so far from my Father. I had jailed my soul over and over, I wasn’t a threat to the work of the enemy. I had fitted my own tourniquet over my heart and hated everything that didn’t stroke my ego or give me control in life.

I cannot say with certainty that ASMR is pagan or definitely work of the enemy, however, in my experience, it decidedly seems like it is a tool to ensnare peoples focus, mind and attention to the surface level, the unrest in this world, to be used as an escape. It is like a mental bandaid for spiritual gangrene. SO much in this fallen world is truly spiritual issues that we use physical means to treat; filling voids. whether with food/drinks, shopping, media and entertainment/tv/film/sports, sex, human philosophy, information seeking, mental/ physical/ pride  stimulation gambling or any other man made means of control and thrill.

Each generation has had their trials to overcome, the places they need the Lord to right or heal... Both older and younger generations have their higher and lower perspectives that seem to breed contempt or disgust for past/ future generations and vice-versa, older generations losing touch with the youth yet stagnant in their own pitfalls, stringently adhering to old traditions while the younger populations, indignant in their perceived self righteousness in “progress because we can, so we will” continue to dumb themselves down- not examining the solidarity of age old wisdom from elders, nor God. Respecters of status and persons abound.

Whoa, this post/reply has become WAY longer than I intended, and I don’t mean to rant nor put down what I have experienced as anything more than my opinion, but I now see, through the eyes of our Savior,  the long line of sins that wound me up and weighed me down, and if I can share my thoughts to help give anyone insight into how desperately we need Christ, His love, His salvation, I willingly do so.
 I will continue to pray for this body of believers, the families, situations and lies we have come out of and the glorious work God asks us to do in His love, His name and His will for each of us. God wastes nothing and makes no mistakes. I am so thankful for the time I have left here to live a life honoring God and walking in the guidance of the (only) Holy Spirit here on earth. I will be lifting us up in prayer for continued perseverance in seeking the face of Christ and knocking on the door of His house, for wisdom and mercy to be bestowed upon all who desire Him.

God bless you all!

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2023, 03:42:21 PM »
That's a good comment you made about the divide between the generations.  The older generation didn't get things right themselves but somehow thought they had wisdom and knowledge.  The older generation get the younger generation that they have created.  That's one of the good things about sound Biblical teaching in that it never changes and what was true teaching and relevant hundreds of years ago is just as true and relevant today.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

MorgananAntoinette

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2023, 11:46:13 PM »
  I couldn’t agree with you more about the Bible Kevin! And I’m sorry I’m such a noob and didn’t see the first names listed next to the user handles! 
:o Here I am calling people by an online moniker when your name is RIGHT there! Forgive me.
 I am grateful for the depth and infinite, dynamic, living nature of God’s word more and more as He opens my eyes to His wisdom and gives me comprehension! From surface level to the deep, seed planting meanings, that may take many seasons or years to germinate- it continually astounds me how His unyielding, multi faceted truth can be continuously harvested out His living word. What a gift we have in the Bible!  I feel like I am devouring knowledge lately and my prayer life has grown into habits I never thought possible. Healing comes in all forms and my spirit, while living inside a body riddled with health issues from birth, is boundless in the strength I have in God’s love in me. Taking action FOR Him, daily, spurns me on to exceed my own preconceived notions of my mental, physical and spiritual boundaries. And words don’t do living for Christ justice! I feel so earnestly about being an example, a window through which others might catch a glimmer of the light God shines through His children.
 Looking forward to getting into other member’s introductions and reading more of our community’s testimonies!

“For the word of the LORD is right; And all his works are done in truth.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭33:4‬ ‭KJV

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2023, 02:31:19 PM »
  I couldn’t agree with you more about the Bible Kevin! And I’m sorry I’m such a noob and didn’t see the first names listed next to the user handles! 
:o Here I am calling people by an online moniker when your name is RIGHT there! Forgive me.

That's OK, I don't mind being called anvilhauler at all.  :)

MorgananAntoinette

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2023, 04:58:39 PM »
That's OK, I don't mind being called anvilhauler at all.  :)

I appreciate your kindness and understanding!

someguy85

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 71
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Chris
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2023, 12:45:22 PM »
Don't ever feel like anyone doesn't want to hear a testimony of what you are involved in, a few bits of information here and there can help someone else discern if someone else might be wanting to head down the same road. I know those in Christ call people like Rick Warren easy discernment, but he still fools so many into thinking that he's a preacher when he's nothing more than a secular motivational speaker at best, and a wolf in sheep's clothing leading people astray at worst, and for those who don't know anything about eastern mysticism or the new age philosophies, they might easily be taken in by the words of some of his buddies (some of who are...eerie to say the least), including one who I think is a buddhist who encourages people to do labyrinth walks, breath prayers etc (still unsure why breath control is so important in these weird cults but it must be something because it's also a central concept of things like aikido and even many schools of yoga.)

Don't think about what you were involved in pre-salvation as wasted time, because the information you have can be used to warn other people especially those in the church about things that might try and sneak in. Yes, there are those who won't be interested in listening because, well, stubbornness and pride, but there are those who will listen and probably had no idea that certain things were occultic in nature,

Romans 8:28: "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose."

here's one you might recognise, in The Message butchering of The Bible, Matthew 6:10 reads:

"Set the world right; Do what's best - as above, so below."

In the Autherised version (KJV) it reads:

"Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as [it is] in heaven."

Definitely different, but that last bit of the verse gives you an idea as to who authored The Message, but I remember hearing some people talking about it saying it's basically all the same but some versions are just easier to read, obviously not true.
Romans: {11:3} Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. {11:4} But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to [the image of] Baal.