Author Topic: What a journey  (Read 1240 times)

someguy85

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 71
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Chris
  • Belief: Christian
Re: What a journey
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2023, 03:03:26 AM »
Thanks for sharing, and I have to say I agree with everyone else here when they say that people who attend a building and like to call themselves christians are...well, let me put it this way. Most church buildings want attendees and to feel good about themselves, they don't like dealing with problems and especially for those of us who have been into things that are rarely or often time never really discussed in those buildings, they want it to be a case of "let's throw holy water on you, knock you on your head, say three prayers a day, and you'll be fine."...when sometimes some people need more help than that, then there's the other type who don't look at you with joy that God's brought you out of those things and the miracle he has worked on you, they look at you like your past might affect their future and you could drag them down off their belief stool that no one ever has any serious problems in life.

Sorry if this sounds like a rant of my own but there are so many church buildings out there that may as well be dramatic arts colleges because of how much people love performing in front of others, and it's a front that never solves anything and even covers up things in a number of cases.

I like to think of it this way, if you've gone through those low points in the life you had, and got saved out of it, you are a testimony to others who might be going through the same thing, so don't ever think that no one wants to know, hearing it could encourage others and even lead some to repentance knowing that there is a way out :)

You've probably heard the verse from Romans 8:28:

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose."

Not that all things are good or that all things will work out for the best, (common misconception/misinterpretation in churchianity,) but your experiences aren't wasted, and when you love God and are called according to his will and purpose, he can use those experiences for his glory, directly or indirectly. :)
Romans: {11:3} Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. {11:4} But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to [the image of] Baal.