Author Topic: Amazon Author Page  (Read 2852 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 449
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Amazon Author Page
« on: November 30, 2019, 01:02:33 PM »
I created one; it links all the books I'll be publishing together in one account, so it makes it easier for people to find them.
https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B07Z9D8VB3
I had to sign an agreement that stated Amazon can remove my account for any reason at their own discretion, so I expect that to happen in the future. For now, I'm just a nobody no one has ever heard of, and that's been a blessing from God because it allows me to continue working for the sake of those who will hear.

Also, I just want to remind everyone that if you have read the books, it would help me out if you wrote a detailed review of them. It's a testimony that let's others know that there is valuable information in these books, that someone in passing might read the Scripture therein and be saved; we never know. However, I just want to repeat that (should you choose to do so) you should be detailed; don't just write "It's great!" because people generally don't pay any attention to those types of vague comments.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
Re: Amazon Author Page
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 09:51:29 AM »
Amazon just told me that they are no longer taking reviews on your books.  :(  It is already starting.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 10:48:51 AM »
So I was looking into that this morning, and there are number of hidden rules Amazon creates for book reviews. For example, one of the new ones is that you have to spend at least $50 per year with Amazon to write book reviews. There could be a number of factors in hidden rules that can be preventing you from writing a review.

It should not be automatically assumed that reviews are being rejected due to the book's content. It's not impossible (because Amazon is very "left wing" if I may use the phrase), but please don't jump to conclusions. Review scammers has actually been a huge problem for Amazon over the past few years, whether it's with people trying to 1-star review bomb a book with mock accounts (as I already had one lady do who was mad that I wrote a piece exposing the truth about Michael Landon), or with some people even using Amazon reviews to make it onto best-seller lists by buying reviewers, and Amazon has been fighting that battle for over a decade.

If you cannot write one, that's alright. In the end, Amazon reviews don't make much of a difference. Most people that would read my books are going to find it through other means than Amazon. My thought was simply that some in-depth reviews would be preferable and helpful to those who might have found the book on Amazon, but I also have no intention to break any of Amazon's rules just to have some reviews; if you can write a review, great, but if they say "No" to any of you, that's fine, let's just let it be and move on to do our work.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 01:24:46 PM »
I posted a book review yesterday. And I definitely spend more than $50 a year.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

creationliberty

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 01:50:20 PM »
I posted a book review yesterday. And I definitely spend more than $50 a year.
And I just check; your review does appear. Thus, there must have been something else blocking Tonya from being able to make a review, which is why I cautioned people from jumping to conclusions.

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2019, 09:22:36 AM »
Thank you.  I will be more cautious in the future. I use Amazon quite often, so I don't know why I cannot leave a review on the latest release.  I will try again at some point.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13