Author Topic: Is it REALLY tax exemption?  (Read 2048 times)

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
  • Belief: Christian
Is it REALLY tax exemption?
« on: October 10, 2019, 04:16:56 PM »
This whole 501 c 3 incorporation seems extremely diabolical and deceptive to me.

People (ie: me for over 10 years) believe that they are giving their money to a worthy cause, their church. But, in fact, the money is going to a building and other assets that ultimately are under the control of the government. Even potentially under the control of the US military.
So is that really tax exemption?
It doesn't look like it to me.
It seems that it is a tax rate of 100%. A donation for the purposes of the federal government.
100% of your "tithe" goes in the pockets of indirect government employees (treasurers, secretaries, pastors, etc etc) and to pay the mortgage on Church buildings (a.k.a. infrastructure) that is under the control and authority of the government.

THERE IS NO "TAX BREAK"!

Churchgoers and actual Born again Christians (me again) alike are being deceived by hirelings who twist the word of God in order to extort money, 10% or more, so that the federal government can accrue even more assets on the backs of hard-working people.

(I had better stop. This is making me very angry.)

« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 04:23:57 PM by Kenneth Winslow »
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 449
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
Re: Is it REALLY tax exemption?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 08:23:13 PM »
The question doesn't make sense. Tax exemption is getting special benefits and discounts on taxes for donations. The government regulating usage of corporate assets is called "incorporation," whereas tax exemption is tax exemption.

It is a tax break for them; so what you're saying doesn't make much sense to me.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 09:35:00 PM »
The question doesn't make sense. Tax exemption is getting special benefits and discounts on taxes for donations. The government regulating usage of corporate assets is called "incorporation," whereas tax exemption is tax exemption.

It is a tax break for them; so what you're saying doesn't make much sense to me.

My point is that when people attempt to avoid paying taxes to the government by giving donations to a 501 c 3 church they are, in effect, giving to an indirect government entity, and they don't even realize it.

This is correct, yes?

If so, they have been fooled into giving MORE money to the government or indirect government agencies and NOT of less.  Many people will be extremely indignant when this reality slaps them upside the head.

If so,
Some people will likely freakout when the church building that they have donated thousands upon thousands of dollars to gets confiscated by the IRS, for whatever reason, or is taken over by the US military for "security reasons". THAT could get ugly. Remember the big flap with the Greg Dixon case? Imagine if that were happening all over the country and church goers seriously tried to "defend" the "House of God" against the National Guard or some other governmental military organization.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 09:40:51 PM by Kenneth Winslow »
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 449
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 10:39:37 PM »
No, because they don't owe taxes if they don't give to a 501c3 corporation. It's just them getting an added benefit, or a discount from their normal taxes, if they register their normal tithe through a 501c3 corporation. It is the corporation itself that avoids paying taxes, not the people.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18