Author Topic: Creation Ministries International defends Christmas (Badly)  (Read 11011 times)

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
  • Belief: Christian
I managed to find a video about CMI defending Christmas, It was more deceptive than I thought it was going to be. For example, it uses the exact same bad argument of the false use of the "Genetic Fallacy" like Tony Breedan used it. They even claim that Christmas Traditions predate pagan traditions which we know is complete lies. Like always if they were to take a biblical stand on topics like these, they would lose a lot of viewers (e.g. money).
You can review it for yourselves here:
https://youtu.be/AnxoZljZDwI
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
Re: Creation Ministries International defends Christmas (Badly)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 02:11:36 PM »
How can Christmas predate the pagon? That will mean that Christmas was celebrated way before Jesus was born.

jtoubeaux

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 02:14:11 PM »
Thanks for the link Caleb, I will view that later. I wonder how much they agree with AIG and AIG's defense of Christmas. 

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 02:14:44 PM »
It was celebrated before He was born but not as the false belief that it celebrates His birth. Creation Ministries are all the same: they say one thing and they know people aren't going to look it up. Ken Ham and his Ilk are infamous for doing it.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 02:17:06 PM by Zoologistkid »
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2019, 02:19:23 PM »
Hi, Jon, your welcome. I am not able to introduce myself to everyone but I do hope this at least give you an example of creationist bowing down to many things that aren't the Bible.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 02:37:23 PM »
What is aig?

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2019, 02:44:00 PM »
Answers In Genesis is AIG

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2019, 03:07:49 PM »
They need there Christmas. It is there biggest money making time of the year

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2019, 03:19:01 PM »
You know it is extremely obvious that they are defending it for money when they advertise their stuff in the video. You cannot make up their greed.

jtoubeaux

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2019, 04:01:11 PM »
I had heard long ago that JW's did not celebrate Christmas because it was 'not in the Bible' but no one really expounded why. I had never thought about Christmas being a Catholic-pagan merge until this year. I always viewed Christmas as a celebration of Christ instead of santa claus - in other words, the choice is up to every Christian if they want to celebrate Christ's birth on December 25, otherwise it is a harmless festival. Little did I know ... I read Chris' article on Christmas and I now see things differently. Waaaaay differently.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2019, 04:06:17 PM »
It could be worse, the valentines day articles makes me want to puke when I see the "heart" symbol everywhere.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 449
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2019, 12:06:20 PM »
I had heard long ago that JW's did not celebrate Christmas because it was 'not in the Bible' but no one really expounded why. I had never thought about Christmas being a Catholic-pagan merge until this year. I always viewed Christmas as a celebration of Christ instead of santa claus - in other words, the choice is up to every Christian if they want to celebrate Christ's birth on December 25, otherwise it is a harmless festival. Little did I know ... I read Chris' article on Christmas and I now see things differently. Waaaaay differently.
I know you've been around for a while, I'm surprised you didn't see it until recently. That's interesting.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

jtoubeaux

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2019, 04:08:42 PM »
I know you've been around for a while, I'm surprised you didn't see it until recently. That's interesting.
It was on my list of 'to read' but I read other articles first. I think I have read about half of your articles now and I am continuing to read when I can.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2019, 04:17:18 PM »
Jon, so what do you think of CMI's defense?

jtoubeaux

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2019, 11:55:04 PM »
Jon, so what do you think of CMI's defense?
I'm watching it right now

jtoubeaux

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2019, 12:52:37 AM »
Incredibly weak defense of Christmas, they used a lot of presupposition and align themselves with William Tighe (apparently an editor of Touchstone magazine and a member of the Ukrainian Catholic Church in Pennsylvania) for defense of the December 25th date having nothing to do with pagan influences; rather, "Latin Christians attempting to determine the historical date of Christ's death." They only mention Sol Invictus and not Saturnalia/Yule. They did an extremely poor job of actually searching scripture for what the Word says about celebrations/festivals/etc. They added a lot of information that has absolutely nothing to do with the history of Christmas, almost like "here, this will make you feel good." And don't forget to give the gift of the magazine!!!. I checked the comments from people and CMI actually answered some: The Yule Log? CMI Said, "The Yule log is a modern tradition that has no origin in either Christianity or paganism—it never had any specific religious significance, pagan or otherwise. It was simply a festive decoration with a practical purpose."

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2019, 07:44:39 AM »
Thanks, Jon. I like it when people begin to see things in a different light. Remember that the word credible means believable? In this case, CMI isn't believable at all. People always bring up saint Nicholas in defense. But they don't realize that he didn't exist and there is no evidence of him existing. When you align yourself with pagans, don't be surprised when you begin defending paganism.

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2019, 08:23:58 AM »
they used a lot of presupposition and align themselves with William Tighe (apparently an editor of Touchstone magazine and a member of the Ukrainian Catholic Church in Pennsylvania) for defense of the December 25th date having nothing to do with pagan influences;

I consider this a telltale sign if someone promoting heresy. When you have someone that uses a Roman Catholic source to defend their unbiblical beliefs you have, most likely, an heretic.

How to spot a heretic in 60 seconds or less:
https://youtu.be/GRbp0rp01to
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Chris

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2019, 10:18:09 AM »
This is either poorly researched or deceptive and dishonest.  I noticed they repeated the same line that it is a new fad to expose the heathen roots of christmas.  They also flat out lied when they said that the 25th of December was only celebrated after Jesus's death.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2019, 10:30:42 AM »
I think both are applicable. It is so poorly researched that it is completely dishonest. They always say this controversy only appeared recently but in reality, it has been going on since the Catholics picked up Christmas.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 10:42:34 AM by Zoologistkid »