Author Topic: Sam Gipp Mocks True Repentance  (Read 2327 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 449
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Sam Gipp Mocks True Repentance
« on: July 30, 2019, 12:13:16 PM »
I want to believe that Sam Gipp is saved, and I currently do. I am not 100% certain, but I currently do believe that he has come to grief and godly sorrow of his sin and he just does not understand it. However, he's starting to make me suspicious because he mocks the doctrine, and instead teaches that 'repent' means "to turn." The following link will take you to the time in which he talks about it:
https://youtu.be/lQTrp6YMHWA?t=485

What I found fascinating is not his mocking of godly sorrow, but that Sam Gipp is most well-known for his stance on the King James Bible. Listen carefully to what he's teaching because he says that 'repentance' is simply "remorse," but the problem is that the word 'remorse' is what is used by new-age bible versions, and as far as I know, that word is never used in the KJB.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Reed Scott

Re: Sam Gipp Mocks True Repentance
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 02:09:15 PM »
I listened to most of that teaching.  He makes his case well but it's one sided.  Very one sided.  And the man strikes me as quite proud. Obviously the man is an skilled orator.  A performer. 

Raymond

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 05:21:50 PM »
Agreed. Gipp's "What's The Big Deal About The KJV?" series on YouTube paints him in a far more humble light than his lectures. I realize that humor can be an effective tool in keeping your audience's attention, but he seems to go a little beyond incidental wordplay and into pride. I did pick up on his repentance = turning position though.

Reed Scott

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 10:20:14 AM »
Just an aside:

Below is a cut and paste from the dictionary that comes with my Apple iMac:

repent | rəˈpent |
verb [no object]
feel or express sincere regret or remorse about one's wrongdoing or sin: the priest urged his listeners to repent | he repented of his action.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 449
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2019, 11:59:23 AM »
I'm not saying that remorse does not have similar meaning, but what Sam Gipp said specifically was that repentance IS "remorse," and he's the one who advocates heavily for the King James Bible. New-age bible versions change repentance to "remorse," but the KJB does not use that term.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18