Author Topic: (FREE TO READ BOOK) The Heresies of the Flat Earth Cult  (Read 404 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 449
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
(FREE TO READ BOOK) The Heresies of the Flat Earth Cult
« on: May 12, 2023, 03:15:07 PM »
The Heresies of the Flat Earth Cult

Those who claim the Bible teaches a flat earth also engage in irreconcilable heresies and contradictions.

The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
Re: (FREE TO READ BOOK) The Heresies of the Flat Earth Cult
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2023, 08:56:49 PM »
Chris, Thank you for creating such a well-detailed and powerful article showing that the shape of the earth matters little to the state of one's heart. I so understand how you felt about creationism and dinosaurs when you were younger that it would lead to a "great awakening" of sorts but evidence will not save souls. I believe that there was some secret message or saying the right things to save others but that was nothing more than pride talking.
In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; Timothy 2:25
I believed I could change people, but thanks to the Lord, I now know better and I am ashamed for even believing that.
I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. 1 Corinthians 3:6
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
Re: (FREE TO READ BOOK) The Heresies of the Flat Earth Cult
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2023, 09:01:48 PM »
I should also mention I know someone personally who believes in the flat earth and also believes that there is no Godhead (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit). The last time we talked I was under to address his questions because I was in the middle of walking my dog and I was totally caught off guard. I didn't know he was coming over that day and I was not prepared in the slightest.
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 2 Timothy 4:2
I fumbled over scripture, couldn't remember a good number of them, and the ones I did remember, I wasn't able to properly explain them to him. It eventually ended in me crying right in front of him due to me being frustrated and ashamed that I wasn't able to get my point across. Thankfully, I had shown his website to him a few months prior because he said he was a fan of Kent Hovind. I gave him your website name and the name of your article. He read it and is now rethinking whether he should go to Dinosaur Adventure Land. I also told him about your articles and I can only pray that God opens his eyes to the the truth.
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?