Author Topic: YouTube Channel: Daily Exhortation - Hebrews 3:13  (Read 2440 times)

Joshua

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 22
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Joshua
  • Belief: Christian
YouTube Channel: Daily Exhortation - Hebrews 3:13
« on: November 02, 2020, 10:17:47 PM »
Some of us who are a part of CLE decided we should record some of our informal meetups and put them on YouTube so more people could benefit.  Although only those who are apart of CLE can join live, it's a separate channel from the website and Chris, so if you need to contact us or we say something wrong, don't write Chris, or use the contact page at creationliberty.com; instead, if you would like to contact us, go to "about" on our YouTube Channel (Daily Exhortation - Hebrews 3:13), and under "For business inquiries" you can email us, or you may be able to email an individual person through their forum account, if they have that enabled; here's a list of every forum member:
http://www.creationliberty.com/forum/index.php?action=mlist

Here is a link to the YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB4mbo_jJ8X4xnpGS0qYfyg

It's called "Daily Exhortation - Hebrews 3:13" because of the Bible verse:
"But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin."

As of the moment, our typical meetup consists of going over one of the older teachings on CLE for about an hour, and commenting as we go along.  I hope the channel can be helpful for those who aren't able to fellowship much, so they'll have the option to listen to other Christians talk for an hour.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psalm 34:18

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
Re: YouTube Channel: Daily Exhortation - Hebrews 3:13
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 05:33:17 PM »
Would you be doing it live on YouTube so I can join in?

Joshua

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 22
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Joshua
Re: YouTube Channel: Daily Exhortation - Hebrews 3:13
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2020, 07:15:58 PM »
Would you be doing it live on YouTube so I can join in?
As of the moment, we are not streaming it live on YouTube.  I was considering bringing that idea up to the group, to see if they would like to do that, but I'm hesitant about the idea, because the videos will no longer be edited.

Editing them has been useful, I would guess 3-5minutes of pauses and silence is edited out of each video, additional notes, and scriptures can be put on the screen, and when I make facilitating mistakes, those can be edited out.

It would save a lot of time not having to edit them, and that time could be put toward more preparation (which means it wouldn't have as much need to be edited), but another thing to consider, is that streaming it live could change the atmosphere of our group - knowing that people are watching us, could make us more hesitant to say something, or share something personal, knowing if it comes out wrong, it can't be edited out before people hear it.

In short, I'm not sure if it's a good idea yet; maybe the rest of the group will have some ideas.  I'll try to bring it up next meetup, so we'll wait and see.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 07:18:51 PM by Joshua »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psalm 34:18