Author Topic: People who are receptive to Repentance  (Read 2674 times)

dmac

• CLE Church Members
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: 4
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Dylan
  • Belief: Christian
People who are receptive to Repentance
« on: June 21, 2021, 04:23:14 PM »
So theres a noticeable difference in people that are receptive to the doctrine of repentance. The churchgoers that arnt usually get mad or just stop talking to you but it usually makes since to the people that are receptive to it. When I first understood what repentance was I told alot of people about it and usually it doesnt make any since to them at all or they just straight up tell you it makes total since. However theyre are rare circumstances where people are so caught up in the respect of people that have telling them for decades that repentance means to turn that even though it makes since to them they still reject it. An example would be my father in law who was the first person to ever tell me theres a Godly sorrow when you get saved and i understood what he meant by that when he said that years ago not yet understanding thats what repentance is. Years later I told him that Godly sorrow is repentance and its how your able to be saved but then he starts quoting people and getting into the greek and going on about stuff.
       I dont understand these types of people. Thoughts?

heathertaylor

• Born Again Christians
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 63
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Heather
Re: People who are receptive to Repentance
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2021, 05:53:20 PM »
  John 10:27
“My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:”

We hear the shepherd but they don't. These people are here for us so we know who is of God and who isn't. Our discernment gets exercised by learning who is false converts and who is born again. Those false converts stand on a works based doctrine bevause they consider repentance foolishness. They want work to get them to heaven so they don't have to humble themselves.
Chris also just uploaded the most recent teaching that can also expound on answering your question

« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 05:56:19 PM by heathertaylor »
2 Peter 3:9 - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

heathertaylor

• Born Again Christians
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 63
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Heather
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2021, 06:02:37 PM »
  1 Corinthians 2:14
“But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.”   
2 Peter 3:9 - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

dmac

• CLE Church Members
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2021, 06:12:56 PM »
Your correct but I was more referring to people that understand Godly sorrow and display that they had Godly sorrow when they got saved but take mans teaching over the correct teaching of repentance. I dont understand people like this. 

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2021, 06:51:35 PM »
Just because someone is ignorant of a particular doctrine, does not mean they are not saved, but when they stop exhibiting that heart of repentance, then we know something is wrong. I don't understand what specifically you are asking.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

dmac

• CLE Church Members
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2021, 07:31:33 PM »
Im not saying hes not saved i just dont really understand why he doesnt accept the actual meaning of repentance. Him being the first person to tell me about Godly sorrow and all.