Author Topic: Anti-War Protesters  (Read 2804 times)

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
  • Belief: Christian
Anti-War Protesters
« on: January 18, 2020, 09:05:36 PM »
I haven't shared any preaching videos here in a while, but I thought this one might be a bit interesting.

Just because some people claim to be anti war it doesn't mean that they are peaceful. In fact this protest attracted Antifa, satanists, fake Christians, a transgender and who knows who else.
What I do know is that no one seemed happy to hear the word of God preached. We are used to that though.

//Though these demonstrators claimed to be against war and for peace they don't seem to want peace with God, which is the only peace that will matter in the end.
Nonetheless, Tim and I loved on them enough to present them the way of salvation.//

Part #1
https://youtu.be/CevJs59FYHI

Part #2
https://youtu.be/UQnzBjzWnBk
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
Re: Anti-War Protesters
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 09:35:52 PM »
I'm not sure what to say here Kenneth because... I mean, maybe I have no business saying anything because I wasn't there, but I was just confused a bit. I do not understand the purpose of walking into their already loud protesting area, where they were obviously yelling and did not want to hear anything.

What I mean is that when you guys started preaching, on the street side by the stairs, I was in agreement with that, and was watching with interest, but then when you guys moved right into their yelling, railing, and hostile area--banging their drums and screaming their mantras--it just did not seem peaceful to me for Christians to move into the middle of that and start a sound war with them with a megaphone. It looked a lot more like trying to start controversy, rather than just preaching from the side and letting the Holy Spirit convict people who would hear. And because of that, I saw places where you guys were just yelling and repeating yourselves over and over just like they were, having a yelling war back and forth, and I just lost interest in watching it.

I'm sorry, but I've seen other street preachers do that, and I just don't see it doing any good, specifically when they walk right into the center of a crowd that has every intention to yell and scream so you can't be heard. Every video you have put out so far, I've liked, but this is the first one I have not been in agreement with. You know I'm not afraid of a controversy, but what you guys were doing seem counter-productive. When violence and screaming starts, that's when preaching stops, and there is not much we can do about that, unless God gives us an opening to speak to be heard.

Maybe there was something about it I didn't understand. Let me know if I'm not judging the matter rightly.

I went ahead and skimmed through the 2nd video, and the part at the end was good, having the peaceful conversations with the people you talked to at the side; that part I really liked, and I'm glad you got the opportunity to speak to those two guys.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 09:59:12 PM »
Chris your assessment is correct. Much of this went poorly and it was my fault.

Our intention was to stay on the side lines and preach. But when the first guy came up and got nose-to-nose with me and then the second guy came up with the loud speaker to drown us out I wanted to move away from them, so I walked through the area that was still quite except for the guy with the speaker, (they were still gathering and setting up), to get to the other side and to higher ground.

That was my mistake. I'll know better next time. Tim and I discussed it. Tim knew better, but I didn't. Lesson learned.

The rest of the time we were on the outside of their protest. The only reason people were around us was because they were coming after us.

They possibly still would have come after us and surrounded us if we had stayed in our original spot, but we will handle things differently next time.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 10:03:19 PM by Kenneth Winslow »
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 12:34:35 PM »
I'm so glad that you saw that too, and I believe you 100% because it seemed unlike you to go into that in that manner. I have had to learn a lot of things the hard way too, so it's understandable. I suppose, to give an analogy, if you remember the video you did where you preached in front of the Michael W. Smith concern, and what a great video that was, and the very fruitful conversations you had with some folks there, but it would be like instead of staying on the street corner, if you went directly into the concert hall and attempted to yell over the music; it wouldn't go very well.

I'm sorry if I did not write my last post very well; I could not think of a good analogy at the time to help explain my meaning. Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to seeing your next video.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18