Author Topic: Open Air Preaching  (Read 661 times)

Under Duress

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: -8
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Scott
  • Belief: Other
Open Air Preaching
« on: December 01, 2022, 07:52:29 PM »
I've seen a lot of various open air preachers. One thing I have observed is that many of them become very hardened in the face of constant adversity. It's obvious that there are many people possessed by devils and one of the strategies of those devils is to constantly bombard them with evil to cause the preachers to hate the people that are captive and to recompense evil for evil causing them to leave off preaching the truth in love being led of God and get them preaching by their own power, in the flesh to be void of the power of the Spirit of Christ. 

I'm a firm believer that anyone that thinks they are called to preach in this manner,  should first,  be certain that this is what their calling is of God and be sure to spend much time in the secret place of the Most High. It also helps to have others supporting them in prayer before, during and after these events. 

I've seen these street preachers before:

https://youtu.be/j1gD7x0O9sA

I wonder if there's anyone here that's seen their preaching also. They've traveled throughout the entire nation for over a decade having preached at many hundreds of events and millions of people. Most of their preaching is on the western side of the country though.  They seem to have a very solid message and as the years go by they kind of teeter back and forth with becoming jaded and hateful and going back to having a genuine concern for their audience.
So I think that they are genuinely called to do what they do and would ask anyone here to remember them in your prayers that they would not be effected by the world or the strategies of the devils.

I have never done this kind of open air preaching before. So I do not know the battles that they face firsthand  beyond the revelation given to me in prayer and their testimonies. 

How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!
It's usually futile to try to discuss facts and critical analysis with someone that is enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Open Air Preaching
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2022, 08:34:09 AM »
I've heard Gospel Invasion preachers often preaching the false doctrine of Calvinism.

Most of the street preachers I know of preach false doctrine, especially on repentance.
And the vast majority don't care if the ones they preach with preach doctrine they don't agree with. They aren't interested in sanctifying themselves.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

Under Duress

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2022, 09:50:06 AM »
I've heard Gospel Invasion preachers often preaching the false doctrine of Calvinism.

It's my understanding that Calvin taught hyper predestination, removing a personal decision to repent to God. I may be wrong on that.  I've only heard tid bits of what others said Calvin taught. 

Wouldn't preaching the gospel be pointless in Calvinism,  if they believe God has already decided who's saved? I don't think I've ever heard of a Calvinist open air preacher. 

Could you link a video of Gospel Invasion preachers,  preaching Calvinism?

It's usually futile to try to discuss facts and critical analysis with someone that is enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance

Under Duress

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2022, 09:52:55 AM »
I do know that one of them was asked to preach in a reformed church.  He was never asked to come back because they were offended by his preaching of repentance toward God and from sin

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2022, 10:09:21 AM »
It's been a long time since I've watched these guys videos so I couldn't send you anything. However, I only watched a small number of their videos to see their Calvinist doctrine coming through.

You are correct to point out the inconsistency with street preaching and Calvinism's "predestination".

I don't think they overtly preach for people to become Calvinists, but, if you are familiar with it you will hear it coming through.
If you are only familiar with the true doctrine of Christ you will know something is wrong, but you might not be able to put your finger on it.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.