Author Topic: Canaanite wedding  (Read 5828 times)

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Canaanite wedding
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2021, 05:16:15 AM »
I would point out that the price was paid for us. Jesus bought us. He did not buy our sin, otherwise, He would receive sin as a product for the cost. So until I see something in Scripture that contradicts it, I have to agree with Kenneth.

Yes, I agree too and like Jeanne I could see the separation between the two but wasn't good at trying to put that in to words.  I knew it would be good to have an open discussion on the topic.

I'm not feeling too well at the moment and am not sleeping well at night as I normally do, but am still liking getting in to discussions on Biblical matters as well as keeping up with all else that is going on.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2021, 09:26:00 PM »
Looking at the Word of God though, it would seem that we are purchased and a price has been paid for our redemption.
No doubt.
We, as born again Christians, and the saints throughout time, have been paid for by the blood of Christ.  The immeasurable cost of The Atonement has been paid.  The only thing missing for salvation of the lost is repentance and faith. With that sins would be remitted.

However, when someone says that Jesus paid the price for our sin, or the sin of all mankind, then the gospel makes no sense.  Everyone would be freed from any punishment for sin.  There would be nothing left for God to punish sinners for if the price of everyones sin had already been paid.  Or God would be unjust for punishing someone who had already had his crimes "paid in full" for.

Nonetheless, my broader point remains.
Applying unscriptural analogies or traditions to Biblical concepts will lead to unscriptural (ie, false) doctrines.

When the discussion came up about Jesus paying the price for sins I sort of had the feeling I had seen something on this in the not too distant past but I couldn't put my finger on it.  I found it  :o

http://creationliberty.com/articles/religionadvent.php

Introduction

Did you know that Ellen G. White taught that
the blood of Jesus does NOT pay for the sins of man?

Having the time I thought I would read this article again.
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

Jeanne

• Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Jeanne
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2021, 08:16:09 AM »
Kevin, I'm sorry I missed part of your earlier post. How are you feeling now? Any better?