Author Topic: The Floating Forest  (Read 3132 times)

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: 49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Caleb
  • Belief: Christian
The Floating Forest
« on: September 20, 2018, 02:24:13 PM »
Have any of you ever heard of the floating forest? Basically, it is a pre-flood theory like the canopy theory which both work. The floating forest theory is about plants that floated on water which explains multiple strange plants. There were trees called lycopods which had hollow trunks and roots, which had air in them allowing them to float.
For the amount of coal to be produced that we have today, the forest would've had to be the size of a continent! The trees obviously didn't grow in place like the evolutionist says they did and plus it also explains why we find animals in certain layers. As you would go further into the forest, it would start becoming easier to walk on because it would feel rocky on the outer edges (like a quaking bog). The closer to the edge, the fewer legs you need, explaining the "walking" fish like Tiktaalik (I don't know why but I think it looks delicious, who wouldn't want to munch on these juicy fish?).

The whole "evolutionary sequence" is actually animals living on different places on the floating forest as you go further into the forest. I think the theory works but creationist organizations have distanced themselves from it as they did with the canopy theory or any other thing they leave because "those things aren't respectable", ::)

What do you all think? I know that it won't help with salvation but at least it may give us an idea of what the world was like before the flood. Maybe there are remnants of the forest, like small pieces (little island forests) still left floating in the ocean? Do you think that could be the case?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 02:34:25 PM by Zoologistkid »
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
Re: The Floating Forest
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 09:59:13 AM »
Have any of you heard about this? I do think this is pretty interesting, it won't help with salvation but it certainly is possible. I would like to your responses.
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 Who can say that man is an animal?

Tristan David Smith

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 06:27:22 PM »
i think you somewhat underestimate satellite mapping, if there were any floating ocean forest remnants presuming it to be true, then by now one should have been spotted because unless it was anchored to the sea bed then it would migrate to about the same places where trash in the ocean congregates, thing is from mapping the ocean currents we do infact know where those places are and where they are likely to form, also consider that still assuming such once existed, it would have to be freshwater upon which they floated, because very few plants do well near ocean sprays(beaches) palm trees are pretty tough plants and as such do just fine on beaches and in deserts, interestingly they do not do well in the bush(zimbabwe bush land, they do fine in the wet parts(in cities an towns, because such are built by and on rivers and former swampland, because building a town in the middle of the bush is just plain stupid) but i to date havent seen a single one outside of a town or city, not even in matopos which can be quite wet, and is fun to hike through)

but back to seriousness, i dont know of anything that would suggest we have any floating forests, but if they were once a thing they cannot exist in the world as it is to day what with salty oceans (assuming whatever passed for seas if any before werent salty or as salty, only God knoweth that for certain and he hasnt told us much about such things, so clearly they are not important enough for him to mention in his word)
also hurricanes, turbulent oceans even a forest that could survive the salt i would not expect to survive the weather of this present world and still drift about without making landfall and dying off because of the dry sand.

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 08:46:15 PM »
Thank you for responding Tristan, I find the topic interesting and I want to see what you all think. I think there could be a few ways for them to be still around like having a bubble of freshwater if undisturbed and if disturbed it would filter out the salt until the bubble of freshwater would return. The plants would also be adapted to salt water hitting them every once in a while. There are known floating forest but are quite different, for example, a quaking bog.

Plus satellite mapping isn't so good, they are using it to try to find cryptids, the unknown animals. That doesn't seem to be working that well.

Tristan David Smith

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 01:03:52 PM »
It is a pleasure Caleb, on the subject of crytpids, i reckon that perhaps you misunderstand me somewhat, i can understand the leviathan to be a massive creature, however i would presume floating forests would be bigger and presuming them to be more easily spotted than an animal which i presume can regularly submerge beneath the waves for extended periods, and as such i would expect finding leviathan to be very difficult but a floating island to be much easier because its path would be dictated by ocean currents and wind, whereas a cryptid such as leviathan would travel as it pleases,
edit i mention leviathan because that is the only creature i can think of massive enough that satellite imaging would show it if the picture was taken at the right time, otherwise in terms of any searches for crytpids, i dont pay much attention to those, i also do not actively seek such information out, partly because animals are not an interest of mine and also because the sheer volume of fakes make sifting through it all a job in and of itself, i am amazed that chris had the fortitude to do his article on trilobites
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 01:17:34 PM by Tristan David Smith »

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 03:53:28 PM »
That's quite understandable, Tristan, I think there could be a small remnant of one out there. After the flood, a lot of things became smaller. But onto unknown animals, just because there are fakes/frauds, it doesn't mean all creatures out there a such.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 23
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2018, 08:35:59 PM »
I have seen small floating island before in a small lake. We were able to swim it around in the lake. It was small maybe size of a home made of grass. No trees tho so it probably is possible for a forest. Maybe most of pre flood land was floating above the water, which will give the earth more surface area, which will give more land for more life. This is the first time I have heard of floating forest.

Here in the Philippines there is a tree that grows hollow inside but become solid as it grows

Zoologistkid

• Born Again Christians
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2018, 08:43:41 PM »
These lycopod trees were fully grown and were hollow and had inside parts that were all also hollow. Does this topic sound interesting to you, Billy?

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 23
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2018, 08:52:40 PM »
Oo yes quite so.  Anything that has to do with bible and Gods creation from pre flood to now