Author Topic: Hello CLE Forum Members  (Read 6149 times)

Shannon

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: 14
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Shannon
  • Belief: Christian
Re: Hello CLE Forum Members
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2020, 10:07:37 AM »

PSALM 19:7
The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul; the testimony of the Lord is sure making wise the simple

During this time, I was driving long distance from my last place of duty nearly every week to see my family. I would read and listen to the bible, mostly corrupt versions, and from time to time I would stop and talk to people about how you must follow the 10 Commandments in order for God to accept you. The good news coming from all of this was that I realized or rather God allowed me to realize that I was worthy of hell and I was leading my family there.  I was a terrible husband and father, full of pride who demanded my children told the truth, yet I was a liar.  I demanded that I was respected yet I did not respect the only One worthy of all of creations respect.  I came home after the drive one night and fell to the floor.  I cried my eyes out knowing at that moment that I did not deserve to have the Lords pardon and I had wronged him continually throughout my life.  I have cried before for my wrongdoings but not like this.  This cry of repentance changed everything. I used to sin as if God was not watching, I would beat myself up for it for a little while and then repeat the same thing over and over.  After I repented unto God I now know what it is to fear Him, and it is wonderful.  The law of the Lord showed me the ignorance and arrogance of my prideful heart and the gift of repentance brought me to the ground in tears.  That repentance produced a desire to stop my sinful ways that I was never able to control by myself.

But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. -Galatians 3:23-25

Hi David, welcome!

It was great reading through your posts. I am so glad that the Lord Jesus Christ opened your eyes to His law and brought you to repentance and faith.

I saw your post about your dad last night and will continue to keep him in prayer that the Lord would continue to be longsuffering with him and bring him to repentance before he passes.

theAXEisLAID

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 11
    • View Profile
  • First Name: David
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2020, 10:54:40 AM »
Hi Shannon,
   I read through your introduction and it helped remind me that many go through tremendously hard times in this life.  I likewise am thankful to the Lord Jesus Christ that He has opened your understanding too.  Unfortunately, I lost my dad and he did not repent.  It has been one of the hardest things I have ever gone through.  At worst, much of my family despises me, and at best they think I am a religious nut.  I just could not sit back and accept my family saying "he is in a better place," or "at least he is not suffering now."  I had some emotional outbursts during this time of which I am ashamed as I should have handled the situation better.  I desire to be perfected in order to present the gospel in all situations in a manner that is pleasing to the Lord.  Sometimes I just need to keep my mouth shut.

Proverbs 17:28 Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.
And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Matthew 3:10 KJV

Shannon

• BANNED
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: 14
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Shannon
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2020, 08:03:29 PM »
Hi David,

Yes, this life will bring about trials, hardship, and adversity. Praise the Lord Jesus Christ for opening up our eyes, humbling us, and bringing us to repentance and faith.

It saddens me to hear about your dad. You did all that you could. I will be keeping your family in prayer that they would be drawn to repentance. Continue to speak the truth to those in your family that will hear you. 

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. -1 Corinthians 1:18

I pray the Lord would cover you with peace and comfort during this difficult time.