General Category > Introduce Yourself

Clinton Post

<< < (2/5) > >>

clinton_post:
What I meant by saying it is weird... is that when I was a young believer, I would stress thinking that there maybe a sin I forgot to repent of, that God wasn't going to forgive me over that.  So I would try to remember every detail of my life.  But as I studied the scriptures and had brethern and sisters to guide me as well, some guiding me to the wrong way, I realized the Christ paid for them all and I need to repent (feel sorrow) for being a sinner in need of Christ to save me.  Not that repentance meant that I would never sin again, for I fail all the time.  I need more victory than losses.  LOL  I need to allow Christ to live through me.

As for the conspiracy....  Well, I was just pointing out the differences and found I really like the spelling in the 1611.  I do believe there could be something to it, but won't make that issue that divides or force it upon anyone.  The most important thing when it comes to the text, is that we are using the KJV.  In a way, the translators used the way they spelled certain words as if it was like a form of highlighting.  Showing you what is important.  It's pretty neat, but I don't think it is inspiration above what was originally written in the Greek, Hebrew, or whatever.

strangersmind:
I too discover that there is something to the spelling. Even in the kjv today still has some of the spelling. Books at that time 1611 normally spelled words same. The 1611 bible is so different. One day I noticed in are modern kjb that some of spelling was never fix. So I pray and ask and seek, then one day I noticed that the strange spelling for certain woods that are the same are always talking about same thing. Like the word noe in bible is found 3 times 1 to show who noe is and last 2 telling us it will be like in his day before the end of the world.

I try long age to get people to listen to what I discovered but they won't have any of it.

Jeanne:
Billy, names of people were spelled (and pronounced) differently in Hebrew and Greek. Noah was his Hebrew name, whereas Noe was his name in Greek. Same with Isaiah/Esaias, Elijah/Elias and others. I don't know of any words outside of the names of people that are different in the NT than they were in the OT, so you seem to be stressing over something simple, too, that should not cause confusion.

anvilhauler:

--- Quote from: strangersmind on November 03, 2019, 05:08:32 PM ---I too discover that there is something to the spelling. Even in the kjv today still has some of the spelling. Books at that time 1611 normally spelled words same. The 1611 bible is so different. One day I noticed in are modern kjb that some of spelling was never fix. So I pray and ask and seek, then one day I noticed that the strange spelling for certain woods that are the same are always talking about same thing. Like the word noe in bible is found 3 times 1 to show who noe is and last 2 telling us it will be like in his day before the end of the world.

I try long age to get people to listen to what I discovered but they won't have any of it.
--- End quote ---

In one of the previous versions of the forum there was a man who made a comment that fairly well explained the situation of the various spellings in the King James Version (KJV) and that was if we read the Introduction to the Bible the translators have explained why there are different spellings.  Although this particular person eventually got banned from the forum back then, what he wrote was quite correct with regards to this.

clinton_post:
I will have to reread the Translators to the Reader to reverify the spelling information.  Interesting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version