Author Topic: (WEEKLY TEACHING) The Biblical Understanding of Weddings & Marriage p8  (Read 1814 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 449
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian

In part 8, we reveal how much time churchgoers are wasting by protesting the gay marriage controversy, simply because they do not understand what they are doing.

(By the way, the embeds started working again on the forum, so I will try to publish these updates with the video embedded into the post as you see above.)
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

Kenneth Winslow

• CLE Church Members
  • Veteran (Forum LVL 6)
  • Edification: 134
    • View Profile
    • Teach All Nations
  • First Name: Kenneth
When Chris said:

"So the churchgoers correctly say that God's binding of a man and woman should be between a man and a woman, but the government also correctly says that people should be free to have a business contract despite gender. Do you see how they are talking past one another? Both statements are actually correct depending on the definition of the word 'marriage', and that is why the debate never ends."

It reminded me of:
1 Corinthians 9:26 KJV   I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:

These people who are uncertain about what the issues actually are expend a lot of furious energy arguing but accomplish absolutely nothing.

If a Christian does not understand the particulars of the issues at hand, fine, just go back to preaching the law and how souls can be saved. Just preach the Bible and don't worry so much about all the worldly nonsense.
Nehemiah 8:8 KJV — So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 449
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
You're not too far off-base on that verse, and it's because the meaning of 1Co 9:26 is concerning the inner faithfulness of a trained athlete to believe that he or she can win the race they worked so hard for. Thus, we Christians ought to train and work to do our jobs as servants to Christ in a similar way. (If anyone wants to learn more about that, I cover that in my notes here: http://creationliberty.com/articles/book1corinthians02.php#09)

So, the difference between the meaning of 1Co 9:26 and what the protesting churchgoers are doing is that the churchgoers are not educated in this area, and their faithfulness is a blind faith that is based on willful ignorance. I say "willful" because most of them refuse to hear, and with unrestrained passions, they put the pedal to metal and roll off of a philosophical cliff, thinking they're going to successfully glide safely across a legal chasm on the hopeful wings of markers and cardboard.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18