Author Topic: Drugged Up Atheist  (Read 2996 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 449
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
Drugged Up Atheist
« on: August 17, 2020, 03:40:22 PM »

HAYDEN FROM OHIO:

I tried prayer and it didn't work but Antipsychotics did work, and are still working for me after two years. My family told me it was the devil causing my intrusive thoughts, but it wasn't. It was my obsessive compulsive disorder otherwise known as OCD. I assure you that Mental Illness is a real thing and that there is help for people. And that help is the right medication for that person and counseling. You are leading people away from the help that they need. No amount of prayer is going to help someone that suffers from a mental illness. If I'm going to burn in hell forever because I take medication then fine. My quality of life is far better and fantastically awesome because of Antipsychotics. Furthermore why should I believe in your version of Christianity over the thousands of others that exist? Because the Bible says so? Your opponents will say the same thing. The Bible can be used to justify almost if not all interpretations and versions of Christianity. Every Christian believes that they're right, god is on their side and if you don't adhere to their interpretation the punishment is to burn in hell forever. Christians everywhere are all pointing fingers at each other threatening one another with the prospect of burning in hell forever. That being the case, why should any of us take  the Bible and Christianity seriously?

I tried prayer and it didn't work but Antipsychotics did work, and are still working for me after two years. My family told me it was the devil causing my intrusive thoughts, but it wasn't. It was my obsessive compulsive disorder otherwise known as OCD. I assure you that Mental Illness is a real thing and that there is help for people. And that help is the right medication for that person and counseling. You are leading people away from the help that they need.
You are at liberty to lie to yourself and others all you want. I don't know what you thought this letter was going to do for you, but if this email makes you feel better, then I suppose you will go on believing you got something beneficial from writing to me.

No amount of prayer is going to help someone that suffers from a mental illness.
Yes, because what you call "mental illness" is sin, and you would not be humbled to repentance, and that's why your prayers were not working. God resists the proud of heart, and the pride of your heart is very clearly seen just in your short email.
Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
-James 4:6

If I'm going to burn in hell forever because I take medication then fine.
See? No repentance (i.e. grief and godly sorrow of wrongdoing), and therefore, no humility. That was my point. You didn't read my book, did you? So why are you wasting my time?

My quality of life is far better and fantastically awesome because of Antipsychotics.
Then go enjoy them, and leave us be. What exactly did you want from this conversation?

Furthermore why should I believe in your version of Christianity over the thousands of others that exist?
Because the Bible says so? Your opponents will say the same thing. The Bible can be used to justify almost if not all interpretations and versions of Christianity. Every Christian believes that they're right, god is on their side and if you don't adhere to their interpretation the punishment is to burn in hell forever. Christians everywhere are all pointing fingers at each other threatening one another with the prospect of burning in hell forever. That being the case, why should any of us take  the Bible and Christianity seriously?

I think the more important question is why anyone should take you seriously because you're on antipsychotics, and therefore, I can't trust anything you're saying because I have no idea if you can even think clearly enough to know what you're saying. Nonetheless, I hope you have a great day, and you are always welcome to come back and chat if God ever opens your eyes to the rabbit hole of pharmaceuticals you are going down (i.e. assuming you aren't already experiencing it, and in complete denial).

END OF DISCUSSION

I waited a week, but no response. It was pretty clear that this person did not read the book; likely only reading the titles to the various chapters, and that's about it. Even if he wasn't on drugs, he (or she) would not be prepared for this conversation.

If anyone wants to learn more, please see our free-to-read book on the subject:

Psychology: Hoodwinked by the Devil
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

MeganIA

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 30
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Megan
Re: Drugged Up Atheist
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2020, 02:02:51 PM »
Validation seems to be the one thing those with mental illnesses want since their consciousness is probably telling them that there is no illness. You did not provide that to Hayden and you could be the only one he has seen not giving into the delusion. Through the nearly 15 years I dealt with what others would call 'mental illness,' I never once had anyone give me any stern correction. The best 'treatment' I found for 'mental illness' was when I started to read the bible and letting the law convict me of my sin to repentance and ultimately healed by the grace of God through Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Mark 2:17 When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Of course, it would have been wonderful to realize this much sooner, but I, prideful and stubborn, had to continue to wallow in my own misery, and like Hayden, use the things of this world to cover my shame. If he does not know which version of Christianity is true, he needs only to seek it.

Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 449
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2020, 02:20:09 PM »
What you are calling validation, and what I am calling excuses--I think we mean the same thing. If a sinful man rejects the godly sorrow of repentance, then he will look for an excuse or validation.
Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;
-Rom 2:15

Thus, their "savior" becomes the validation, whether it be "mental illness" or drugs or their psychologist. They cannot come to understanding through those things.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

MeganIA

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 30
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Megan
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2020, 02:39:25 PM »
Yes, definitely excuses. I had to separate myself from someone I was close to since childhood because of constant lying and now mental illness is the current excuse she can't be accountable for anything. There were several other excuses before that but this one is the easiest one to give since most people are encouraging her.
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.