Author Topic: Returning as guest  (Read 7477 times)

Unemployed2310

Re: Returning as guest
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2021, 08:39:54 PM »
I guess I should've waited a little longer so that I could become good enough to even change a teachers mind.

Troy, what do you mean change someone's mind? Is that why you're here? You haven't given any examples, explanations, or proof to support your arguments. You have not even given us any scripture at all to support your claim. Why do you think you are going to change anyone's mind when you aren't even putting in any effort to do so? We aren't going to just take your word for it, we need proof. And specifically, scriptural proof. Otherwise, we aren't going to be convinced.

And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews. These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. - Acts 17:10-11

Unlike what you've done, Chris put so much time and effort into those teachings that explain repentance and salvation, both audio and article/book that would answer your questions very precisely. That's why multiple people have linked and recommended it to address these specific doctrines. Chris worked hard to produce those articles and the arguments are scriptural and thorough. If you really wanted to know the answer to your question then you would look into it.
Sorry for not responding to your post, but I really wanted to ask Christopher that question. Plus, I really didn't know how to respond without offending you.

Unemployed2310

« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2021, 08:43:32 PM »
Okay, Troy, I just have to ask; if you don't believe the same thing we believe about repentance and salvation, then WHY ARE YOU HERE? If your goal is to try to make us see 'the error of our ways' or to change what WE believe according to the Bible, then you're wasting your time and you would be better served going somewhere else.

Edit: I didn't read his last post before replying here, so it looks like he's gone already. What a relief!
What your saying isn't actually a good thing. People should want to have the truth expounded to them, no matter which believer it comes from. And fyi I like to have these kinds of chats, just without the accusations, no one really knows how rough my life really is, and no one actually seems to understand that my life has been made well by Jesus. Peace.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 454
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2021, 10:53:43 AM »
Not really wanting to have a discussion about what the Gospel of Jesus Christ teaches. Doesn't really want to learn about it either. Like pulling teeth to get a testimony out of him, and then he tucks tail and runs as soon as he would be required to do any study. Claims he has no time, but writes lengthy posts because he has time. Excuse, excuse, excuse.

Doesn't that sound like all the qualities of a born again Christian? But, how dare we question him because there is no way we can know what's in his heart by what he says:
But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
-Mat 15:18
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
-Jer 17:9

Unbiblical Cop-outs: 'Don't Judge Me!'
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18