Author Topic: Witnessing to church goers  (Read 294 times)

Btrudy

• Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: -2
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Bill
  • Belief: Christian
Witnessing to church goers
« on: February 14, 2023, 01:22:53 PM »
Has anyone here been able to reason with a typical church goer regarding 501c3, and get them to see the biblical definition of repentance? Im trying it, but it’s been futile this far. Im not dogmatic about it or anything. Just try to put it out there. So far, none have been willing to even consider it.
Share your Christian testimony. Use words if necessary.

Dan7

• BANNED
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: -49
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Daniel
Re: Witnessing to church goers
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2023, 02:46:31 PM »
I've received similar responses. They sadly don't care about these topics, as it's a waste of time in their opinion.

Relevant verse: "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."- Matthew 7:13-14

"Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the Lord... I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the Lord." -Jeremiah 23:1,2

OsoWeakbutHeIsStrong

• CLE Church Members
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 54
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Annalisa
  • Belief: Other
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2023, 03:38:26 PM »
Most of these people don't have a teachable spirit that comes when you're born again, so, sadly, anything that I've tried to tell them is not even heard or considered.   

3. But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: 4. In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
2 Corinthians 4:3-4

That doesn't mean that you shouldn't try, though.  Right?

14. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Romans 10:14

Btrudy

• Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: -2
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Bill
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2023, 07:34:54 PM »
Right! Have to try. Im not saying they can’t be Christians. They just need to understand the reality of what’s going on, and the danger they might be in. Churches are leading lots of people to hell with their false doctrines.
Share your Christian testimony. Use words if necessary.