Author Topic: Dietary laws and parasites  (Read 855 times)

WhyBaltimore

• Born Again Christians
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
  • Edification: 10
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Luke
  • Belief: Christian
Dietary laws and parasites
« on: April 16, 2023, 11:19:25 PM »
Having gotten into naturopathy prior to ever reading the bible, I couldn't help but to notice the correlation between the dietary laws of the bible and the dietary laws that I had already been abiding by through practicing naturopathy. Specifically the idea of avoiding foods high in toxins and parasites.

The physiology of some birds, animals and fish is such that their flesh is not fit for consumption. This includes carnivorous birds without a crop, animals which don't chew cud or have a cloven (split) hoof, and fish without fins or scales. All animals which eat other animals are unclean. Camels have a high level of toxins in their bloodstream, caused by retaining their body fluids rather than sweating. Rodents have a poor thermo-regulator and their enzymes are unstable, resulting in intestinal fermentation, as well as high parasitic load. Their meat is very acidic, predisposing to disease. Rabbits are coprophagous, meaning that they eat their own feces, and the levels of toxins and parasites in their bodies are much higher than acceptable for human consumption. All rodents and the horse are the same. Pigs have very high histamine levels and sulfur content. Pigs also have a high level of bacterial contamination of salmonella, other harmful bacteria and parasites. These are just a couple of brief points. Fish without fins and scales are either scavengers or carnivores and have a high level of toxins and parasites in their bodies. Urea in sharks and other fish gives these creatures a distinctive flavor but the flesh is not healthful in the diet.

I can only speak for my own experiences with parasitism and toxins, but when I began to eliminate foods such as pork and shellfish, it was a night and day difference in terms of my "mental health." Coupled with frequent antiparasitic protocols such turpentine cleanses and fasting, I was able to completely eliminate what doctors had labeled as schizoaffective disorder, which I honestly could only describe as feeling like I had a demon in me. I have some lofty ideas about parasitism and it's role in the bible but I also don't have anything concrete to back them up besides my own experiences. I know of some people that believe parasites are a physical manifestation of demons. I have had people tell me that they treated conditions like schizophrenia, bipolar, and homosexuality through treating parasites.

I also couldn't help but to remember the story in Matthew where Jesus cast the demons out of the men into the pigs, which then ran down the hill and drowned themselves. This also stuck out to me when I first read it because there have been parasites which will cause animals to drown themselves to infect the water supply and complete their life cycle.

It would make sense that God would put so much emphasis on cleanliness in the bible because humans are the only mammals which don't produce vitamin C naturally which leads us extremely susceptible to parasitic and bacterial infection. Even things like drinking alcohol can lead people susceptible to parasites.

Obviously God has the utmost authority to heal and healing from my ailments would not have been possible without his mercy. I also don't want to push this into conspiracy territories and these are not ideas that I am married to because salvation is not dependent upon figuring out why parasites exist. Maybe this is me just being an overly curious new Christian, I'm not sure, but it just seems to me that parasites are unlike anything else in God's creation, and from what I have seen in my own life, they were capable of influencing my past behavior just like a demon possessed person the bible would have been described. If anyone has ever heard of anything like this before or ever thought of these things before, let me know. If anyone thinks this is way off the mark, also let me know. I have more ideas about this from the testimonies I have seen from others but at the risk of getting too out there with it I'll just leave it at that.
Thanks

WhyBaltimore

• Born Again Christians
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
Re: Dietary laws and parasites
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2023, 08:16:42 AM »
I would like to amend that humans not producing our own vitamin C only leaves us susceptible to parasitic infection, I can't speak for the bacterial aspect.

This was all difficult for me to bring up because it sounds kind of ridiculous but I can't help to think that the role of sin and unclean spirits in this world seems very parasitic. Prayer and and repentance has played a massive role in my healing and was what resulted in my salvation and I'm not trying to claim that doing some kind of parasite cleanse is going to save someone.

I'm not exactly a researcher however, so I figured I would bring it to the churches attention to see if anyone had heard of this before. One of the things that lead me to this belief was seeing that scientists have been unable to isolate a virus since the concept of viruses has been introduced, they have been only able to isolate protein fragments that exist within symptomatic persons. This isn't an idea that I came up with, there is a video of the man who created the PCR test for HIV explaining this, I will try to find it and provide a link. I guess to make my stance more clear I should say that I am operating under the belief that viruses don't cause illness, but parasites do. And to further that, it seems like a lot of the things that the bible teaches us to avoid as Christians (gluttony, fornication, uncleanliness, certain foods, intoxication) are all things that either can lead to parasitic infection or promote it. Also the practice of fasting is the most effective method of dealing with parasites as it starves the parasites of whatever they need to survive. It just seems like there is a lot of overlap with the bible and how a lot of people treat parasitic infections (fasting) and the things they avoid to prevent getting an infection in the first place.

Thanks

WhyBaltimore

• Born Again Christians
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2023, 09:09:43 AM »
I have even heard that parasites can feed off of the adrenaline our body dumps when taking part in risky activities. There could be the typical risky activities such as thrill seeking, but I would argue that any activity such as lusting, lying, covetousness, and murderous unrighteous anger, can release adrenaline. I don't know if anyone has ever lied before (rimshot), but when I lie it feels like a fight or flight response that gives me that cortisol and adrenaline dump feeling, much as if I were to have done something risky that I know I shouldn't have done.

WhyBaltimore

• Born Again Christians
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2023, 09:30:59 AM »
I misspoke, it was not the person who created the HIV PCR tests I apologize. However here is a link to the video
https://www.bitchute.com/video/Q76VKd0wUjEa/

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2023, 11:02:04 AM »
There is something to that, as you have said. However, we live in the new dispensation, right?

Acts Chapter 10
9 On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour:

10 And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance,

11 And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:

12 Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.

13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.

14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.

15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

16 This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.

For personal health reasons, there were reasons I could not eat certain meats. But since the Lord has provided some healing for me, I have been able to eat them again and have enjoyed them, grass-fed, free range only, ect. . ., with my family and the Lord has blessed it for our bodies.

I think what I am trying to say here is that you must follow your convictions from the Holy Spirit on your diet. Some things, obviously, are not good to eat, like grain-fed beef can be toxic because cattle are made to eat grass, as an example.  But, we live at liberty in Christ, and as long as we do not sin by going against our convictions or being gluttons, we are at liberty to eat.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

WhyBaltimore

• Born Again Christians
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2023, 11:45:56 AM »
I had thought that part was talking about opening up things to the gentiles since Paul came to him like right after that but I could also be wrong and it could be trying to communicate two things at once but the spreading the gospel to the gentiles was my initial take. I sometimes think to the part in Matthew where Jesus is talking about what defiles a man is not what enters him but what comes out of his mouth. I took this more so as telling the pharisees to not worry about the traditions that they had in terms of hand washing, not necessarily the food. Also in terms of what the Jews considered food, I would think they would only consider food to be clean animals, for example, no food can defile a man but unclean animals would not be food therefor not being talked about.

A lot of it to would come down to how the animals were raised and treated now adays. A nice pork chop from a properly raised pig would probably be leagues healthier than Burger King chicken fries, despite one being technically clean. I think you hit the nail on the head with saying that as long as it doesn't push into the realm of gluttony it should be up to a persons personal convictions. Thank you for reeling this back into scripture because I was afraid I might have gotten a little too out there with my original post haha. The dietary laws were just always so fascinating  to me.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 12:16:12 PM by WhyBaltimore »

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2023, 01:40:57 PM »
"I had thought that part was talking about opening up things to the gentiles since Paul came to him like right after that but I could also be wrong and it could be trying to communicate two things at once but the spreading the gospel to the gentiles was my initial take. I sometimes think to the part in Matthew where Jesus is talking about what defiles a man is not what enters him but what comes out of his mouth. I took this more so as telling the pharisees to not worry about the traditions that they had in terms of hand washing, not necessarily the food. Also in terms of what the Jews considered food, I would think they would only consider food to be clean animals, for example, no food can defile a man but unclean animals would not be food therefor not being talked about."

No, I could be the one who is wrong and I am open to being corrected. I like what you said about the book of Matthew.

Matthew 15:18-20 KJV
But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: these are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

I agree with you there. It is what is in our thoughts that defile us, not what we do to ourselves or eat.

A lot of it to would come down to how the animals were raised and treated now adays. A nice pork chop from a properly raised pig would probably be leagues healthier than Burger King chicken fries, despite one being technically clean. I think you hit the nail on the head with saying that as long as it doesn't push into the realm of gluttony it should be up to a persons personal convictions. Thank you for reeling this back into scripture because I was afraid I might have gotten a little too out there with my original post haha. The dietary laws were just always so fascinating  to me.

It is very interesting!  And yes, I have to watch what I am saying too and make sure what I say that I say with scripture in mind. The scriptures from Acts, Peter and the vision was all I needed to understand as long as my food is raised properly, I am free to eat it. For example, for years and years and I did not eat pork.  It gave me terrible digestive issues.  Recently my husband got free range pork for me to try in the form of sausage that was correctly and naturally seasoned.  I had no trouble at all with it.  That opened up a new world for me!  Yes, I certain would eat that over Burger King fries ANY day!
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

WhyBaltimore

• Born Again Christians
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2023, 02:38:14 PM »
I also have to watch what I say, I often find that I get really excited and say things in the passion of the moment. I have found that many of the things I said when I was in the first months of being born again were just flat out wrong relative to scripture, even though I may have had the best of intentions when I said them. In fact I am 100% positive that I say things now that are wrong but I just don't yet have the wisdom to see it yet. I guess it can just be avoided altogether by just not overextending myself into unfamiliar territories, but I will be honest I don't always catch myself.

I can also admit there are times where I have definitely taken the diet thing past the point where it was being helpful and into an unhealthy territory potentially. Not like an eating disorder, but definitely to the point where I was not doing it to honor God and more so to just honor myself. Also if I was starving I would never turn down pork or shellfish. Not many camels out here so I don't think that is a problem I will be facing. I appreciate the perspective though because it is easy for me to run with my own point of view until challenged or faced with other peoples positions.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2023, 04:25:19 PM »
I won't go into the details right now, but generally speaking, the problem with a lot of new-age cults is that they believe the dietary laws of the Old Testament were given to the Jews for health reasons. That is not the case. The dietary laws were given as a sign of sanctification. The problem was they got wrapped up into the following of the law, without understand what it was given for.

This is why, when Peter was told "kill and eat," he would not do so because of the law. God used Peter in that instance to show him (and subsequently, all of us) the fullness of why the law was given, which was for that moment, to demonstrate the spiritual fulfillment in Christ to make a man clean, rather than a ruleset of deeds that would make one "holy."

One of the examples our church has discussed is what is known commonly today as "Ezekiel Bread," but if you look carefully in Scripture, the bread they were given to eat was a punishment, not a blessing. Do not misunderstand; I'm not saying Ezekiel bread is necessarily bad for you, but I'm saying that this was not the intended way that we were meant to eat bread, and the Jews had to do things that way for a particular reason at the time because God was disciplining them for their waywardness.

The Hebrew-roots cultists often do not understand these very basic principles because they are blinded by the conceit, self-perceived idea that their works make them righteous, when none can be righteous apart from Christ alone.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

WhyBaltimore

• Born Again Christians
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2023, 09:48:39 PM »
I won't go into the details right now, but generally speaking, the problem with a lot of new-age cults is that they believe the dietary laws of the Old Testament were given to the Jews for health reasons. That is not the case. The dietary laws were given as a sign of sanctification. The problem was they got wrapped up into the following of the law, without understand what it was given for.

This is why, when Peter was told "kill and eat," he would not do so because of the law. God used Peter in that instance to show him (and subsequently, all of us) the fullness of why the law was given, which was for that moment, to demonstrate the spiritual fulfillment in Christ to make a man clean, rather than a ruleset of deeds that would make one "holy."

This is something that I had not considered but makes a lot of sense. I saw an overlap between two areas of my life, but didn't stop to think that correlation=/=causation, and believed that it must have given to the Jews for health reasons. Peter being told to "kill and eat" takes on a different meaning under the context of sanctification rather than health.

I had never heard of the Hebrew-roots cultists prior to finding CLE so I hope people here do not think that I am trying to propose their ideas. Although this particular issue of diet has been difficult for me to approach from an unbiased view point at times.

This has given me something to think about though definitely, it's kind of blowing my mind a little bit

WhyBaltimore

• Born Again Christians
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2023, 10:13:15 AM »
Hey does anyone know what the edification number on the profiles is? I couldn't find anything on the forum info.

Ellie

• Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 125
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Elissa
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2023, 10:36:35 AM »
Hey does anyone know what the edification number on the profiles is? I couldn't find anything on the forum info.

The edification number is a point system, once you reach a certain number of posts (not quite sure but I believe it may be 50) you should see the option to either "Edify" or "Rebuke" someone, which will either add to or subtract from their edification number. So when someone makes a really good post, you can give them an edification point. And typically if someone loses points it's because they are causing some kind of issue on the forum (like making false accusations, being contentious, etc.) or there's issues in what they are saying/doing. It's a way of seeing who makes good posts on the forum based on how others here have judged it.
"Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better." (Ecclesiastes 7:3)

WhyBaltimore

• Born Again Christians
  • Novice (Forum LVL 1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2023, 11:59:53 AM »
That is cool, good system. Who would have ever thought of a forum that requires EFFORT to participate (looking at you reddit).