Author Topic: No one can keep up lies forever (Dinosaur Adventure Land in Hot Water...Again!)  (Read 375 times)

someguy85

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 71
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Chris
  • Belief: Christian
Something of an update I found during the odd google search but it did bring something to mind. Chris covered Kent Hovind and why he's a false teacher and out and out con man, so for those of you who went through that teaching/book this will come as no surprise.

Chris Jones apparently has been charged with this time assaulting a 9 year old, and big surprise, Kent is brushing it off.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/friend-of-dinosaur-adventure-land-preacher-kent-hovind-charged-with-child-sex-abuseagain

Now I know that these are charges, as far as I know he's not been convicted of anything new, but his previous criminal record of sexually assaulting children (plus Kent STILL willing to cover for him.) isn't exactly working in his favor.

This does bring up what I want to mention though when if any of you have ever studied cases of cult leaders, cult followers etc, etc, eventually they can't keep the façade of lies forever, and, big shock, the bible gives us an insight into this in 1 Timothy 6:9:

"But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and [into] many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. {6:10} For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."

And in Romans 1:28:

"And even as they did not like to retain God in [their] knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; {1:29} Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, {1:30} Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, {1:31} Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: {1:32} Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them."

Ultimately the greed of cult leaders makes them lose their ability to hold up the lie that the put on as a front to the public and they make small errors then larger errors that will make their mask slip and end up resulting in their downfall in one way or another. Will Kent live long enough to see his own downfall? (by which I mean seeing a good portion or a lot of his followers turn against him), Well,  only God knows on that one but two things are glaringly obvious...if he's still defending Chris Jones then there's a big chance the Kent is involved in similar activity (just a hunch, no I don't have any direct proof on that one, it might be something else but I can't think of anything more likely.), and when Kent ends up having his public mask shatter and people see what he's really alike, dead or alive, then that's only going to be used by anti-theists and evolutionists to say that their religion is true because "look how bad our opposition is".

Chris said it in the teaching but the unseen damage that Kent is doing can have eternal effects for some people in the worst way possible. So I guess I could say eventually there's going to be a win and a loss on that one. Kent's "ministry" will eventually fall (although sadly there will always be another con man to take his place), but will have a negative effect for those who are legitimately trying to preach the gospel to the lost.

I can only pray that those involved in cults like this, or even Kent himself will be given repentance to realise the damage that he has done and be saved...although it's going to take nothing short of a miracle to puncture pride that thick, and at 70 years old, God is still merciful in giving him time to repent but eventually that'll run out, and eventually he will be called to account, one way or the other.
Romans: {11:3} Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. {11:4} But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to [the image of] Baal.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
Chris Jones apparently has been charged with this time assaulting a 9 year old, and big surprise, Kent is brushing it off.
One of the things I knew after publishing the book, and I think I wrote something to this effect in the book, is that more was going to come out over the years that I wouldn't be able to document in the book. I just left everyone to keep those things in mind because if what I wrote about Kent and his buddies is true... then the same patterns will keep appearing over and over.

Will Kent live long enough to see his own downfall?
No, it's unlikely. The reason is because DAL is a revolving door. New listeners don't know the whole truth about him because of his seminars. They don't find out everything until much later, if at all.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2023, 02:15:02 PM by creationliberty »
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

someguy85

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 71
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Chris
"Will Kent live long enough to see his own downfall?"

No, it's unlikely. The reason is because DAL is a revolving door. New listeners don't know the whole truth about him because of his seminars. They don't find out everything until much later, if at all.

I figured that would be the case. I suspect the same thing but don't you find it interesting that whenever this stuff does come to a head, you always have the people saying in front of the cameras for interviews "Why didn't anyone warn us, why wasn't anything said?"

You've had it as very much a long running theme in a lot of your teachings that people generally hate two things, they hate to admit that they were tricked, and they hate to admit that they lied. And if people never want to admit either of those two, this stuff is just going to keep happening.
Romans: {11:3} Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. {11:4} But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to [the image of] Baal.