Author Topic: Chicken or Egg? (The Entertainment Industry and it's Bizarre Downward Spiral)  (Read 509 times)

someguy85

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 71
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Chris
  • Belief: Christian
I know it's not an easy question, but when it comes to modern day I keep asking myself, are things getting crazier? Or was it always this insane, we're just hearing about things more now that the internet and social media is able to more immediately connect people and events on the other side of the world. I think the answer might be a bit of both.

But if you ever wondered why the warnings on idolatry are so overt in the old and new testament, then you need look no further than today's entertainment industry. It's not hard to see that people in the spotlight are objects of worship in ways too numerous to list, but one name that was popping up recently was Taylor Swift, who for some reason had people spending literally tens of thousands of dollars to get seats to her stage shows (only way I can process that in my mind is that she's seen as some kind of deity that people will give up all kinds of things to get close to) and even, and no I'm not kidding, wearing adult diapers so they don't have to miss a moment of the show. Then this headline popped up from the 1440 Daily Digest, I didn't grab the full article because it's behind a paywall, but I think this is enough of a summary to get an idea.

"Some Taylor Swift fans are reporting “post-concert-amnesia,” with some fans taking to social media to share their symptoms and feelings. Symptoms include not being able to remember key moments from the show and entering a dream-like state. Psychologists say emotions might be behind the amnesia. Dr. Michelle Phillips, senior lecturer in music pyschology at the Royal Northern College of Music, says it’s not that fans won’t remember the show but that fans will remember only some aspects of the show."

And yes I know psychology will want to cover up what the real cause might be because they are trying to find any excuse to replace sin, but this reminds me a lot of older videos I used to see with Bagwan "Osho" Rajneesh and his commune in Oregon that involved so called meditation that put people into a trance like state, and even the dough eyed empty look you'd see from those in The People's Temple back before their mass slaughter in Guyana. I'm calling it a two part problem, part one, this would have to be some kind of demonic influence on a crowd which does happen at these kinds of concerts as well as from major celebrities who have sold themselves for money and fame, and I think the second part is people opening themselves up to receive things like this. Also I have to wonder if the demonic influence is becoming greater these days too, because just a quick overview of music trends in the last even 20 years, it's not hard to see that everything that anyone else would refer to as talent (the ability to play your own instruments, write your own songs, come up with your own poetry etc) has simply nose dived. No, I'm not defending popular music, or any music for that matter, but it doesn't do anything but state that there has to be some kind of spiritual force at play here when what would have been rejected as absolute garbage only a few years back is now lauded as good.

One other interesting link I remember hearing was that often time in the bible, fornication can also mean spiritual fornication, which is what was talked about in Revelation 17 when John is describing the whore of revelation,

17:2 "With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication."

In the new dispensation, there are few things that we are directly commanded to keep away from, and I think this is because so much of what we look at today and call sin, can easily fit into these few categories. In Acts for example:

15:29 "That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well."

And in 1 John

5:21 "Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen"

On a slightly different but related note, I remember hearing an old proverb about fame once, and it's still shown pretty true today "Fame is an empty purse, count it and go broke, eat it and go hungry, seek it and go mad." I used to want to be in the industry, but praise God he showed me how rotten and empty it all is. These famous people may as well be sock puppets for all of the personal input they have on what they do these days, and I don't know how far any of them have gone down the ugly rabbit hole to get where they have, but if you know someone who's in it, wants to get in it or is getting chewed up by it, all I can do is ask that you pray for them because that's still someone who is as lost as we were, and without Christ, their eternity will only be that in the lake of fire.
Romans: {11:3} Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. {11:4} But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to [the image of] Baal.

OsoWeakbutHeIsStrong

• CLE Church Members
  • Edification: 54
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Annalisa
  • Belief: Other
"Some Taylor Swift fans are reporting “post-concert-amnesia,” with some fans taking to social media to share their symptoms and feelings. Symptoms include not being able to remember key moments from the show and entering a dream-like state. Psychologists say emotions might be behind the amnesia. Dr. Michelle Phillips, senior lecturer in music pyschology at the Royal Northern College of Music, says it’s not that fans won’t remember the show but that fans will remember only some aspects of the show."

This is the purpose of Hollywood and the entertainment industry.  It is to lull the idolaters into a trance and distract them from every coming to the truth of the Bible. It's very effective too; hence part of the reason they get paid so much. These idols are tools of Satan, used to influence behavior and bewitch minds.

As you probably already know, druids/wizards/sorcerers used holly wood (wood from the holly tree) for their magic wands, and we know that Hollywood is a coven of witches who are placed there to bring a spell over those who watch and listen to their garbage.  Similar to the wand of holly wood.

The "artists"/spell casters are well aware of their power.  Here are some quotes that I found concerning the hypnotic/trance inducing power of music.

Max Richter:
The idea of music having a use goes back centuries. The beginnings of written-down music was the liturgy, and obviously that has a connection with the idea of a meditative state and all of that. So music can really be useful in that way.

Elton John:
Music has healing power. It has the ability to take people out of themselves for a few hours.

Jimmy Hendrix:
You can hypnotize people with music, and when you get them at their weakest point, you can preach into their subconscious whatever you want to say.

...and then, he also said:

The idea of a hypnotic riff as the prime mover of a piece of music has been around for a long time, whether you’re talking about the Delta blues or music from Middle Eastern and African cultures.

Beats take people into a trance and when you combine that with dance, you can go deeper. 

Goa Gil:
Dance is active meditation. When we dance, we go beyond thought, beyond mind and beyond our individuality to become one in the divine ecstasy of the union with the cosmic spirit. This is the essence of the trance dance experience.

Their are too many quotes to mention, but you get the idea.  Music, especially the satanic music coming from these idols is a tool of the enemy.

I agree with what you said here:
I'm calling it a two part problem, part one, this would have to be some kind of demonic influence on a crowd which does happen at these kinds of concerts as well as from major celebrities who have sold themselves for money and fame, and I think the second part is people opening themselves up to receive things like this. Also I have to wonder if the demonic influence is becoming greater these days too

I remember when I used to be in the electronic music scene.  As I danced to the music I literally felt as if something took over.  As creepy as it sounds, I gave myself over to the music.  My body was able to do things that I could not do on my own.  It seemed as if something else was bending and moving me.  When I look back, I'm convinced that it was possession.

Praise God that once I was born again, God took the love of that kind of music out of me.  I remember driving down the road shortly after I was saved.  I was listening to my favorite music and I came to a stop sign.  At that very moment I thought, "I can't listen to this anymore!" It was the conviction of the Holy Spirit.  Immediately, I turned off the music and it hasn't been turned back on.  That was almost four years ago.

someguy85

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
That was an interesting quote about dancing being an active form of meditation...I know a lot of the stage shows feature choreographed dancing and I wonder if there's a similarity between those move sets and the move sets used in martial arts or "katas" as they're known. Eric Wilson, formerly a very high ranking in numerous styles of martial arts (while he does have a testimony of being saved, he for some reason decided to join the seventh day adventists and defends Ellen G White, so...leavened for sure.) said that after he turned his back on the martial arts world he saw that a lot of the forms and katas that he used to do, if you look at them from above, they draw out certain characters or symbols if seen from above.

It shouldn't be any surprise that Chris' series on "christian" rock is one of his longest teachings, there's A LOT to cover.

The entertainment industry certainly has the power to hypnotize people though, if you've been blessed enough to not know anything about movies or music over the last ten years, there's been an obvious shift in the industry from being subtly indoctrinating while trying to seem overtly creative, to being overtly indoctrinating for all kinds of modern madness, and those who are lapping it up and even defending it are very much like cultists, and they won't hear a word about it any which way.
Romans: {11:3} Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. {11:4} But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to [the image of] Baal.

OsoWeakbutHeIsStrong

• CLE Church Members
  • Edification: 54
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Annalisa
  • Belief: Other
I know a lot of the stage shows feature choreographed dancing and I wonder if there's a similarity between those move sets and the move sets used in martial arts or "katas" as they're known. Eric Wilson, formerly a very high ranking in numerous styles of martial arts (while he does have a testimony of being saved, he for some reason decided to join the seventh day adventists and defends Ellen G White, so...leavened for sure.) said that after he turned his back on the martial arts world he saw that a lot of the forms and katas that he used to do, if you look at them from above, they draw out certain characters or symbols if seen from above.

Wow.  I didn't know that about the "katas", but that is interesting.  I do know that certain dances are to gods like the cosmic dances to the Hindu god Shiva.   Shiva is often depicted as a dancer of the tantric Tandava dance. My best friend of 30 years (now ex best friend since being born again) was taking lessons on this form of tantric dance.  There is also a pose in yoga (something we were both participating in) that depicts a dancing figure of Shiva. 

Some people, are naive to the deeper meaning of all these forms of dance and/or poses.  I just saw dance as exercise, fun and also fulfilling the lusts of the flesh (pride in my ability/drawing attention from men and women...ALL BAD, ALL WRONG!)  It was not in ANY way used for good or innocent, but I wasn't really diving into the meaning. 

Other people do the dances to specifically invoke and worship these gods, and they know exactly what they're doing.

This is a quote from wikipedia about sacred dance:
Sacred dance is the use of dance in religious ceremonies and rituals, present in most religions throughout history and prehistory. Its connection with the human body and fertility
*emphasis added
The theologian W. O. E. Oesterley proposed in 1923 that sacred dance had several purposes, the most important being to honour supernatural powers; the other purposes were to "show off" before the powers; to unite the dancer with a supernatural power, as in the dances for the Greek goddesses Demeter and Persephone;[2] making the body suitable as a temporary dwelling-place for the deity, by dancing ecstatically to unconsciousness; making crops grow, or helping or encouraging the deity to make them grow, as with Ariadne's Dance as described in the Iliad;[3][4] consecrating a victim for sacrifice (as with the Israelites circling the altar, or the Sarawak Kayans circling a sacrificial pig); paying homage to the deity present for an initiation ceremony; helping warriors to victory in battle, and appeasing the spirits of the enemy killed in battle; averting the dangers associated with marriage, at a wedding ceremony; and at a funeral or mourning ceremony, purposes such as driving away the malevolent ghost of the dead person, or preventing the ghost from leaving the grave, or frightening off any evil spirits attracted by the corpse, or temporarily and invisibly bringing the dead person back to join in the dance, or simply honouring the dead person.[4]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_dance

There are other dances, music and poses designed to worship or invoke false gods/devils, but it that would be a whole study that would be most helpful if you had a child or teenager who wanted to get into these forms of dance/yoga/music etc.  Hopefully by seeing the deeper meaning, it would open their eyes to the danger in it.

Rowan M.

• CLE Church Members
  • Commoner (Forum LVL 3)
  • Edification: 63
    • View Profile
    • Isaiah 42:12 Blog
  • First Name: Rowan
I remember when I used to be in the electronic music scene.  As I danced to the music I literally felt as if something took over.  As creepy as it sounds, I gave myself over to the music.  My body was able to do things that I could not do on my own.  It seemed as if something else was bending and moving me.  When I look back, I'm convinced that it was possession.

Praise God that once I was born again, God took the love of that kind of music out of me.  I remember driving down the road shortly after I was saved.  I was listening to my favorite music and I came to a stop sign.  At that very moment I thought, "I can't listen to this anymore!" It was the conviction of the Holy Spirit.  Immediately, I turned off the music and it hasn't been turned back on.  That was almost four years ago.

Some pop songs actually include instructions to surrender yourself to the music. For example, in Madonna's Vogue, she tells her listeners to let their bodies "move with the music" and "go with the flow". In essence, she tells them to give themselves over to the music. And in the song Everybody Dance Now by C & C Music Factory, they actually tell you to let the music TAKE CONTROL and let its rhythm move you. And when you let the music take control, you're basically letting the spirits behind it take control, I think. But yeah, many of these songs actually tell you to give yourself to the music, let it take control of your movements and so on. You can also get allusions to the singers themselves losing control. For example, in Blame it on the Boogie, there's a bridge where Michael Jackson sings that he just can't control his feet. In fact, he repeats this four or five times, kind of like a mantra. And later in the same song, he actually sings that the Devil has gotten to him through the dance he's doing! He also says that the boogie has him in a "super TRANCE". At an earlier stage of the song, he says the boogie has "drugged" him. It's all right there in the song, but people generally miss it because of the catchy melody and rhythm. They focus on that rather than the lyrics. It's amazing what songwriters can get away with saying if they set it to the right music. That song is going back to the disco era. But a lot of electronic music has its roots in disco, I think. There's not much difference between today's electronica nightclubs and the disco clubs of the '70s, I suspect. I'm sure the people behind these songs know exactly what they're doing when they insert these sorts of instructions or comments into the lyrics.

Just briefly on tantra, that is rather closely associated with sexuality, from the little I know of it. I remember seeing an item on tantric sex some years ago (I think it was on a current-affairs show). One thing that stood out to me at the time was that the lady they interviewed said that there was a whole lot more to tantra than just the sex. She admitted flat-out that tantric sex is really just a way to get people involved in tantra as a whole! So it is really bait to lure and then ensnare people into New Age and pagan spirituality.

Switching to television, some years ago I bought a book by Ben Shapiro called Primetime Propaganda. It was one of my first e-books after I got a Kindle. At the time, I did not actually know who Ben Shapiro was. Anyway, in this book, he discusses a number of different TV shows and quotes Hollywood writers and producers that he interviewed. They all seemed quite happy to reveal to him that they want to influence how their viewers think. One of the simplest and yet most effective tactics they use (and I noticed this before I read the book) is in the characters they choose for their shows. They always make the characters with liberal or left-wing values likable, while they endeavour to make Christian and conservative characters as unlikable as possible. In addition, whenever there is a dispute between the characters, the Christian and conservative characters always make the dumbest arguments possible, while the liberal and left-wing characters are made to appear logical and rational by comparison. However, this tactic has backfired sometimes. Certain conservative characters, like Archie Bunker of All in the Family and Alex Keaton of Family Ties, ended up becoming very popular, which wasn't what was meant to happen. They overshadowed the liberal characters who were meant to be the heroes of those shows. Most of the time though, the indoctrination of the Hollywood writers worked as intended.

Before I gave up most television, I remember that sitcoms (especially American ones) often used to get "preachy". You'd have an episode where a bigoted person (usually a racist) would come on, cause some trouble and end up being lectured and taught a lesson by the liberal "good guys". They would either see the error of their ways and apologise, or retreat with their tail between their legs. The laughs would stop and it would be clear that this was A Very Serious Episode with an Important Lesson. In fact, they would often call them "special episodes". Increasingly, they started conflating "homophobia" with racism, and you would get episodes where a "homophobe" would be taught a similar type of lesson to the earlier racist. Now, the "homophobe" would often act in a genuinely bigoted manner, but it was all part of the plan to make people associate criticism of homosexuality with actual bigotry like racism in their minds. By the grace of God, I never fell for that, because somehow I could see the fallacious logic behind what they were doing. But yeah, many TV shows were full of that. And of course, the propaganda extends to dramas. I remember a storyline on a show here in NZ where a pregnant woman was contemplating an abortion, and was harassed by a "crazy Christian" woman. The clear message of this storyline was that Christians and pro-lifers are dangerous and irrational people, while "sane" and "normal" people are "pro-choice". (In the end, I think the woman didn't actually have the abortion, but they still made sure their viewers got the message they wanted to convey. This was in the early to mid-90s, by the way.)

Nowadays, as Aussie Chris as said, the indoctrination is not even subtle anymore. TV shows have, from what I have read, gone fully woke. They've all got to have gay characters, or trans characters, and feature "alternative" families, and so on. And they've got to throw some climate change fearmongering in there too, no doubt. They also seem to want to reimagine white people in history (like Cleopatra or Ann Boelyn) as black. Historical accuracy no longer matters. However, it seems that the woke indoctrination on TV is getting so blatant and over the top that many people are being turned off it. So that's good, although I'm sure the younger generation (who have been raised with woke values from birth) still lap it up. And sadly, those who are cutting back on TV and movies are not turning to Christ, but other forms of entertainment.

When it comes to people wanting fame, I am reminded somewhat of these verses in Matthew 6:

Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. (Matthew 6:2)

And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. (Matthew 6:5)

People seeking fame have that exact same desire to be seen of men and receive glory from men. And for a time, they do get that glory, along with all kinds of other sinful "perks" of fame. But like the hypocrites Jesus is referring to, they have their reward, and unless they repent, that's all the enjoyment they'll ever have. Fame has its cost, both in this life and the next.
Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth (John 17:17)

someguy85

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
Just briefly on tantra, that is rather closely associated with sexuality, from the little I know of it. I remember seeing an item on tantric sex some years ago (I think it was on a current-affairs show). One thing that stood out to me at the time was that the lady they interviewed said that there was a whole lot more to tantra than just the sex. She admitted flat-out that tantric sex is really just a way to get people involved in tantra as a whole! So it is really bait to lure and then ensnare people into New Age and pagan spirituality.

Umm...I don't know how much on that topic I should say because...well, obviously it's quite perverse and rotten, but tantra so much darker than that at it's core, in hinduism it's actually listed as a form of yoga (which on it's own means to yoke or to be united with the "all" or "absolute") and from parts of my history, a long time ago it was explained to me by a pagan high priestess as being almost identical to what is referred to as "sex magick", involving visualization, apparently the act can generate a lot of magickal "energy" (demonic power) so it can be used to generate "energy" to channel towards getting what you want...I heard one person who was formerly deeply involved in the occult saying that any fornication acts as a lightening rod to attract demons so I guess there's some truth to it, but at the end of the day, it's all demonic. Tantra is just black magick that encourages those involved to live out whatever degeneracy they like. Very dangerous stuff.

Before I gave up most television, I remember that sitcoms (especially American ones) often used to get "preachy"

It has only gotten worse. Up until a few years ago, I was a big consumer of movies, television and interactive media (gaming), and the change of focus has been very rapid, even with the pushback from the public against it, but there are still more and more supporters of the absolute raw sewage that is being pumped out by the entertainment industry year after year. One need only look to the absolute firestorm that was kicked up when a french movie called "cuties" (blerk!) was released on a streaming service, and there's no easy way to put it, it as effectively child pornography...I know that's the next step they are going for so now, more than ever, for anyone else reading, please do not let your children go through the public education system, because they will be the generation that tolerates it, and it might not even be another generation before it's widely accepted and promoted.

With all of that said though, Jesus Christ said that things would get worse and worse before the end times would come...how bad? Well, when people are celebrating and promoting everything that is evil, and mocking, persecuting and rejecting anything that is good. We're not there yet, but it's not hard to see how things could go that way.