Author Topic: Thoughts on incense?  (Read 405 times)

someguy85

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 71
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Chris
  • Belief: Christian
Thoughts on incense?
« on: July 08, 2023, 06:52:46 AM »
Just wondering peoples thoughts on using incense sticks or cones?

I know they are used virtually everywhere in eastern religions and in a lot of celtic pagan religions but in the bible it also mentions burning of incense in the temple as well.

No, I don't burn it as an offering to anyone or anything, there are some that smell good and last a bit longer than air fresheners, but I am wondering if there's anything that might be attracted by it that shouldn't. On the other hand I also don't want to be one of those "that's not what I use it for so it's fine" kind of people either.

Any tips or pointers?
Romans: {11:3} Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. {11:4} But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to [the image of] Baal.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
Re: Thoughts on incense?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2023, 09:45:51 AM »
You might attract some hippie stoners, but other than that, I don't think it attracts anything else.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

someguy85

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 71
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Chris
Re: Thoughts on incense?
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2023, 11:03:05 AM »
I don't burn the ones that smell like communes so I think I'm safe there too  :D
Romans: {11:3} Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. {11:4} But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to [the image of] Baal.