Author Topic: "I went to heave/hell" Who's telling the truth?  (Read 365 times)

someguy85

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 71
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Chris
  • Belief: Christian
"I went to heave/hell" Who's telling the truth?
« on: July 29, 2023, 08:04:14 AM »
Any of you who've been saved for a while and checking out various ministries have probably heard claims from some people who say they've died and gone to heaven, or what seems to be a rarer case, they've died and gone to hell. While a lot of accounts seem to be wildly inconsistent between recounts over the years (seriously, one guy claims he went to heaven but didn't see God in his book but on speaking tours he claimed he did.), but even on the other side of things, I remember the account of someone who was into variants of black magick found a lot in central America, claimed to be taken to hell at one point, but once he claimed to be saved, he became very closely associated with Creflo Dollar, one of the greediest con-men in the "word of faith" movement, it does beg the question who is to be believed? I know the obvious answer would be "which one lines up with scripture," and that's the first thing to check out, but I believe as far as sinners go, to bring them to repentance of sin, wouldn't it make more sense if God showed them where they could end up if they die in their sins?

Has anyone else here heard any accounts of either experience, and did it seem legit? or did it stink of a publicity stunt?
Romans: {11:3} Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. {11:4} But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to [the image of] Baal.

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
Re: "I went to heave/hell" Who's telling the truth?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2023, 08:13:33 AM »
I did a teaching last year talking about that issue.

http://www.creationliberty.com/articles/hell.php
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

someguy85

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 71
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Chris
Re: "I went to heave/hell" Who's telling the truth?
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2023, 08:44:59 AM »
Thanks Chris,

Reading it again I remember I did go over it, and it did seem to be a common theme in a lot of these accounts, they never mention God's judgement on Sin (the reason Hell exists to begin with) or repentance to salvation, and often time they rarely even mention Jesus Christ. Also you'd think that seeing someone as horrific as Hell, well, I think the concept was best described in a line I heard in regards to "ghost hunting" which said "Spotting a fake is easy, anyone who claims they're happy  to have seen a ghost is clearly lying, it's the ones who wish they never had who I'm more inclined to believe." (While I in no way believe in "spirits of the dead" returning to earth to haunt places, that's been anything to the brain affected by odd or excessive electromagnetic fields, to psychotropic drugs to down right veiled demon manifestations,) I can't help but have that same outlook for a lot of these cases. Anyone recounting an experience of such a place would be scared to even remember it, kind of like a "Vietnam Flashback".

Definitely reminds me to be skeptical of these kinds of accounts, but not dismissive.
Romans: {11:3} Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. {11:4} But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to [the image of] Baal.