Author Topic: Repenting of pretense  (Read 574 times)

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
  • Belief: Christian
Repenting of pretense
« on: August 06, 2023, 12:50:31 PM »
Hello.

I have spent time in the Word. The Lord has shown me just how much pretense I have stood on through the years. I have repented to the Lord for my pretentiousness. I hope all of you will forgive me too. It is awful and I am ashamed.

I thought that the situations I was in that I thought were unfair and me trying to overcome them made me special somehow. I was very pretentious "look at me, see what a great thing I am doing" but I can do nothing without Jesus Christ. I was foolish to think otherwise.

I hope you all will forgive me. I miss being able to fellowship, but I understand why you all put a stop to it.

But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
Re: Repenting of pretense
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2023, 07:17:53 AM »
what is it you ask for forgiveness on?

TheChickenWhisperer

• BANNED
  • Adept (Forum LVL 4)
  • Edification: -20
  • Braille Chicken Whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Essentially Braille
  • First Name: Tonya
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2023, 07:52:08 PM »
I should have been more clear. I am hoping that Everyone, including, CLE, Will forgive me For being so self focused, Inflating my self importance: Pretentiousness. I can do nothing without the Lord Jesus Christ And I must seek All of my heart, mind, and strength.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Matthew 9:13

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2023, 12:05:05 AM »
it is a hard road going from worldly to Crist like.  for some their conversion is quick, for others it is a long prosses to weed out the world. if what you say is true then give it time to show that you are growing and the weeds are dyeing off so the fruit can grow.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2023, 02:37:05 AM »
i have a idea. how about we have a study in the bible on here. you can pick a person or subject. this will allow the church to be able to read and see how we are studding. and if we need correction or are getting something wrong they can join in so we can learn together.