Author Topic: (CORRECTION) Isaiah 14:12 is NOT Talking About Satan  (Read 594 times)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
  • Belief: Christian
(CORRECTION) Isaiah 14:12 is NOT Talking About Satan
« on: September 19, 2023, 12:01:25 PM »
Once again, I have to thank Kent Hovind for teaching me false doctrine because I have repeated something he taught everyone which was not true. The one named "Lucifer" in Isaiah 14 is NOT referring to Satan. I am not saying that there are people who refer to Satan as "Lucifer," but that is not the context of Isaiah 14, and sadly, I have, many times, taught that wrong.

This is a name that was being given to Nebuchadnezzar because the context of the chapter (and surrounding chapters) is Babylon.

Let's read it again:

Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, and the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee. How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms; That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners? All the kings of the nations, even all of them, lie in glory, every one in his own house. But thou art cast out of thy grave like an abominable branch, and as the raiment of those that are slain, thrust through with a sword, that go down to the stones of the pit; as a carcase trodden under feet. Thou shalt not be joined with them in burial, because thou hast destroyed thy land, and slain thy people: the seed of evildoers shall never be renowned. Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities. For I will rise up against them, saith the LORD of hosts, and cut off from Babylon the name, and remnant, and son, and nephew, saith the LORD. I will also make it a possession for the bittern, and pools of water: and I will sweep it with the besom of destruction, saith the LORD of hosts.
-Isa 14:11-23

It was Nebuchadnezzar that considered that he, being the man with the highest authority in the world, thought he would ascend into godhood. It was Nebuchadnezzar who God said would be brought down to hell for his arrogance. He was a leader of the world at the time, and when he was bought low, the people marveled at him that he, at one time, had made the nations to tremble in fear. This is why God said he would rise up and cut off Babylon, which He did, and that is why, today, Babylon is nothing but a shadow in name.

Nebuchadnezzar thought he was going to bring light to the world, which is why he is mockingly called "Lucifer" in this passage, which may have even been a name he gave to himself at one point.

Sorry that I taught this wrong for so long. I still have doctrines imprinted into me by corrupt teachers that I am slowly working out.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

anvilhauler

• CLE Church Members
  • Dedicated (Forum LVL 7)
  • Edification: 151
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Kevin
Re: (CORRECTION) Isaiah 14:12 is NOT Talking About Satan
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2023, 05:13:28 PM »
The part that I always noticed was that Satan never spent any time in Hell and I knew that God would not be incorrect in the information He was giving to a prophet.

Revelation 20 King James Version
10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Satan was already in the lake of fire and brimstone before Hell was thrown in.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 05:18:41 PM by anvilhauler »
And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as a dew from the Lord, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.  Micah 5:7 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

creationliberty

• Administrator
  • Pillar of the Community (Forum LVL MAX)
  • Edification: 448
    • View Profile
    • Creation Liberty Evangelism
  • First Name: Christopher
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2023, 06:07:53 PM »
Also, it could be Belshazzar being spoken of for the "king of Babylon," but it could be any king since they all acted the same way and did the same things.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
-Psa 34:18

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2023, 07:22:41 PM »
nebuchadnezzar was also made low as a animal.

daniel 4

And they shall drive thee from men, and thy dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field: they shall make thee to eat grass as oxen, and seven times shall pass over thee, until thou know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will.

33The same hour was the thing fulfilled upon Nebuchadnezzar: and he was driven from men, and did eat grass as oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven, till his hairs were grown like eagles' feathers, and his nails like birds' claws.

so it could be talking about nebuchadnezzar. a great ruler who god made into a mad man