Author Topic: matthew 16:2_3  (Read 637 times)

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
  • Belief: Christian
matthew 16:2_3
« on: September 21, 2023, 07:55:01 AM »
in Matthew 16:2-3 it say
he answered and said unto them when it is evening ye say it will be fair weather: for the sky is red. 3  and in morning it will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowering. o ye hypocrites ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?

i know Jesus used the sky to rebuke them. but what i always have been wondering what it meant about a red sky. i grew up with MT Rainer in my back yard and seen when it was evening the clouds turn red. but it would rain the following day. and the part about the sky lowering what do that mean. for the first time i was given a chance to see the red sky and of the lowering. it was evening about 30 min before dark and the sky turn red. what made this day different was the red sky was getting lower tell it covered the ground. the only way i can describe it is it was like putting on red sunglasses. everything had a red tent to it. when seeing it this bible verse came to mind. i just wanted to share this with everyone so if anyone was wondering what it met by sky lowering.

someguy85

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 71
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Chris
Re: matthew 16:2_3
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2023, 02:29:12 PM »
It's a common way to tell the weather, there was an old saying of:

"Red sky in the morning, sailor's warning, red sky at night, sailor's delight."

A red tinge to cloud cover in the morning often time says that there's going to be rough weather that day, but the same tinge to the clouds in the evening says that it'll be fair weather the following day, it's not always accurate, but what Jesus was talking about there is that the signs and miracles he was doing was making it so blatantly obvious as to who he was, but they still couldn't see it, so they'd put their faith in something that wasn't always certain (like the cloud colour) but, well, we all know what they thought of Christ.

Lowering (pronounced more like Lau-er-ing) just means angry or menancing, so the sky was basically meant the weather would probably be rough and threatening.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 02:34:50 PM by someguy85 »
Romans: {11:3} Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. {11:4} But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to [the image of] Baal.

strangersmind

• Born Again Christians
  • Disciplined (Forum LVL 5)
  • Edification: 24
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Billy
Re: matthew 16:2_3
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2023, 07:13:27 PM »
when it happen there was no cloud in the sky. everything had a red glow to it. i always though it was too the color of the clouds tell i seen it for the first time. i would of recorded it but at the time i was thinking on the bible verse and was so exited i got to see it. it would just look like i had a red lens on the cam. the point in the verse is Jesus was calling them out for they can read the sines of the weather but cant read the prophesies of his coming. i think it is time that i am now grown enough in the Word i can start to study revelation. so you will may be getting me to post a bit on it to get thoughts or correction so i dont stray into the way the world see revelation