Author Topic: The origin story of a cult leader? (Christian Western Chandler)  (Read 467 times)

someguy85

• Born Again Christians
  • Sojourner (Forum LVL 2)
  • Edification: 71
    • View Profile
  • First Name: Chris
  • Belief: Christian
The origin story of a cult leader? (Christian Western Chandler)
« on: November 04, 2023, 11:48:36 AM »
If you know anything about the name...then you know. But seeing as how Chris is going through Seventh Day Adventism being a cult, started by a woman who received no more than a third grade education due to a head injury in her younger years and...I guess there's no other way to put it...spouting some of the absolute lunacy she did in her "prophecies" (I hate calling them that because they are pure fantasy at best,) I know some people out there are probably asking themselves "How does someone get that messed up to want to start their own cult?"...well, it's not hyperbole, Christian (birth name Christopher) is probably the best most recently documented person who might end up becoming something along the same lines if he remains unchecked.

It's an exceptionally long story that I can't even begin to completely document here, even in bullet points, but the short story is he's basically a man who is a highly functioning autistic who's partially famous for amalgamating cartoon characters and calling them his own, but also for being a target of a lot of trolling throughout his life since he started using the internet, and basically became the internet's first "LOL cow"...in old school terms he's considered a sideshow attraction if you will, but in the last few years after being obsessed with women (to put it mildly) for decades and being jailed for certain lewd behavior (the most family friendly terminology I can use here again,) he somehow came to believe that he was the reincarnation of Jesus Christ himself (this was after convincing himself that he was internally a woman, ludicrous I know, but his story is full of insanity,), and now released from prison he is now asking for "tithe" and probably a whole bunch of other stuff, but anyway. There are enough youtube videos out there documenting his life story, but if you want to know how cult leaders begin, this might be an interesting case study.

What does this have to do with cult leaders? Well, I think aside from demonic influence and control, a lot of cult leaders don't just happen overnight, they're not only created through years if not decades of mistreatment, but also from influence through their own fantasy or imagination. No, imagination isn't entirely negative, but it's something we have to keep a tight set of reigns on, as it mentions in 2 Corinthians:

10:4 "(For the weapons of our warfare [are] not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) {10:5} Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;"

Another reason why it's good to have a firm grounding in the bible.

PS: Apparently Chris Chan was attending a church building for much of his life, and I believe his "pastor" will have a lot to answer for because not only the "pastor" but the church counsellor who was assigned to him did little to nothing to curb his downward spiral. (I seriously doubt either one knew much if anything about the bible themselves to be honest, but that's personal opinion, I don't have any proof of that.)
Romans: {11:3} Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. {11:4} But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to [the image of] Baal.